Event Suggestions for BTL2

MitshK

I know that Massive Events are putting a number of shows on, so I thought it could be useful to have any suggestions that people have to improve BTL2.

I don't mean this to be a place to moan - just a place for positive and useful thoughts.

My suggestions:

A quiz - just for the pleasure of showing off our excellent knowledge of RD!

An autograph session at the end of the day - so that people who want their photo's signed, don't have to worry about the photo's getting back in time.

Alternative option during the photo/signing session - eg. RD eps being shown.

I'm sure you're going to do this - Theme Parties on Fri and Sat night.

Sun night left free, so people can go home, relax etc as they want.

A place for Forum people to meet/Forum names on badges.

Edited by Mitsh

I'm sure you're going to do this - Theme Parties on Fri and Sat night.

Sun night left free, so people can go home, relax etc as they want.

At these 3 day conventions they usually have themed parties on the Friday and Saturday, with a non-themed party on the Sunday so that people can go home and not feel as if they missed out :unsure:

More dealers would be nice. There was not that much choice at BTL1.

Apart from the guest cancellations, for me I think the biggest disappointment was the lack of dealers at BTL, I know it's not a big room but there's been more dealers in there for previous events.

Another event that I've been too who I know are friends with SM/ME do something different for their Gold Reception and I thought maybe it was an idea mentioning it so that maybe SM/ME could take it on board.

They have tables with 10 - 15 attendee's on, and one space for the guests. The guests then spend 10 mins on each table before going on to the next one.

This way, everyone gets to spend time with each guest.

At BTL, our group got a fair amout of time with Chloe, some time with Hattie, but no time at all with Steve.

Also, other events I've been to - ie the Twilight ones, some fans were hogging the guests and I know some attendee's didn't get to see anyone at all.

Maybe a fairer way would be to do 10 tables with 15 people - and one seat!

Just an idea.

• Moderators

More dealers would be nice. There was not that much choice at BTL1.

Apart from the guest cancellations, for me I think the biggest disappointment was the lack of dealers at BTL, I know it's not a big room but there's been more dealers in there for previous events.

Really it's up to dealers to want to attend, so if they don't think BTL is worth being there for, it's a bit tricky :firedevil:

Really it's up to dealers to want to attend, so if they don't think BTL is worth being there for, it's a bit tricky :firedevil:

Yes I thought that may be the reason, shame :gorgeous:

• 3 months later...

The Gold Pass Meet and Greet thing didn't bother us at all, there were plenty of opportunitie for us to meet people over the weekend. I was just glad of a corner to sit in and as much free Rose as I could stomach! Getting wasted for 'free' was the sole purpose for me :D