Talks

• Moderators

Well I hope so, or else they'll be pretty quiet talks :D

Yes, they'll be similar to anything you've experienced at cons, but probably a roaming mic or something. Can't quite remember the set up myself.

I went to the Jason Mewes talk last year and if I remeber it correct the put up a big L shapedwall, you entered at one side and left at the other one. they gave Jason one mic and a couple went around the room.

Jay was sitting as shy as possible on a podium and answered questions and told some stories.

Yeah the guests talk about various things and there is the opportunity for the audience to ask questions :)

Well I hope so, or else they'll be pretty quiet talks :D

The "Talks" where those things didn't take place were known as "Silences".

Jason experimented with the format in the early days at a Bristol event, where 30 members of the public were invited to sit in silence and stare at Jeremy Bulloch for 20 minutes while he read the paper.

The event unravelled less than 3 minutes in due to a large West Country chap hurling his chair across the room while shouting about "Them Showmaaaasters takin' the faark in' p*ss", before storming out. The rest of the crowd shuffled after him and that was that.