Questions about disabled attendees

dr_is_in

I am bringing a friend with me to Hub 3 that has Lupus and has difficulty standing and walking at times & I will be her caretaker while she's with me. She may or may not have her wheelchair with her while we're there (it depends on how she's feeling at the time). Who do I need to speak to about handicap access and such?

I am bringing a friend with me to Hub 3 that has Lupus and has difficulty standing and walking at times & I will be her caretaker while she's with me. She may or may not have her wheelchair with her while we're there (it depends on how she's feeling at the time). Who do I need to speak to about handicap access and such?

I would imagine it would be Too Tall. He was in charge of that at Hub2.

Too Tall will sort you out, but generally the crew are really good if you speak to them about needing to sit out a queue - I'm in a similar position and everyone at Hub2 were fantastic about helping me out.

• Showmasters Admin

Thanks guys :D

As the others have said. When you get to the event just ask to talk to me. We'll then have a talk about what we can do to help. I prefer doing this to having a specific disabled person policy. It means we can help you with what you need help with.

Thanks guys :thumbup:

As the others have said. When you get to the event just ask to talk to me. We'll then have a talk about what we can do to help. I prefer doing this to having a specific disabled person policy. It means we can help you with what you need help with.

Thanks everyone! And we'll come find you during registration. Her being in a wheelchair depends on how she's feeling at the time (she has good days and bad days), and she may only be using her cane if she's feeling relatively good that weekend.

• 1 month later...

Hi Dr Is In,. I would recommend your friend bring her wheelchair as this is a very big Hotel and lots of corridors and passageways and stairs, I have just attended BadWolf at this Hotel and i wear Legbraces and use two sticks and i really struggled with all the walking around the Hotel. There are ramps for wheelchairs and if you phone the Hotel now you can request a Disabled twin room with a Shower with seat in, we have just stayed in one on the first floor right by the lift it was a great help as most rooms have a bath with shower over. And if your friend struggles getting into a bath like i do then its important you make the request Now, i hope this information is helpful. Julie-t

Edited by julie-t

• 4 weeks later...

I have a neuromuscular disorder which gives me the same sort of problems with the girl with lupus, thankfully I haven't got as bad as requiring a wheelchair, just sticks, it's actually Halloweedon rather than Hub but it's good to know that it's Too Tall to look for if I need help.

Hi Disabled Attendees,. Too Tall is wonderful at helping people with Disabilities and is someone you can rely on to make your Convention as much fun as everyone else is having, even the Crew are fantastic with helping with any questions you may have. I have been attending Conventions run by ME/SM/TP since 2007 and must say that i think they are Superb, i am Disabled my Son has Autism so Conventions were never going to be easy for me to attend but i must say without Too Tall and the Wonderful Crew,Derek and Caroline(TP) we would not have been able to attend as many Conventions as we do. So come and join in the fun you wont be dissapointed. Happy Attendee. julie-t :D:D