Would you pay for Henna tattoos at ET2?

angelfish

Something to bear in mind if you've never had one and you're someone who dyes their hair - having a henna tattoo can greatly increase your chances of being allergic to hairdye. It's a weird little fact, but something to consider. It's always put me off becuase I can't live without hairdye.

wow - i didnt know that :headscratch:

A girl I knew had one done and then used her usual hairdye - her face swelled up so badly that she had to go to hospital and have a tube put down her throat to breathe.

Something to bear in mind if you've never had one and you're someone who dyes their hair - having a henna tattoo can greatly increase your chances of being allergic to hairdye. It's a weird little fact, but something to consider. It's always put me off becuase I can't live without hairdye.

wow - i didnt know that :headscratch:

A girl I knew had one done and then used her usual hairdye - her face swelled up so badly that she had to go to hospital and have a tube put down her throat to breathe.

OMG, was she ok???

It's if u dye ur air with henna that u might be allergic to hairdye, not with a tatoo...

Sorry, but you're wrong. It can DEFINITELY happen with a henna tattoo - as I said, I know someone it happened to and she certainly hadn't used henna dye, as you have to grow that out totally before you can use an ordinary dye (you even should grow your hair out if you have used a henna shampoo).

And JessieBear she is fine now, but she looked hideous for awhile - her eyes were closed up and everything.

If you check the safety warnings on L'Oreal dye, it now mentions the connection between henna tattoos and hairdye allergies. There is a substance called PPD found in both black henna tattoos and hairdye which is what causes the problems. Google it - you'll find plenty of medical journal articles which back me up.

wow - does it happen with all people? Cos I know my mum uses henna a lot, and never does that skin test thing they say to do on hair dye packets, which she also uses.... I guess I should warn her!

I studied hairdressing in college and the 1 thing I liked about our salon is that we ALWAYS did skin tests whether the clients had been tested before or not. You just never know when you could have an allergic reaction. It doesn't happen to everyone. Some people are more sensitive to the parra (PPD. Black hair dye/henna contains more of it than any other colour) than others.

Edited by twilight obsessive

IF PPL ARE INTERESTED, I DO HENNA... AN I'LL B THERE IN OCTOBER...

OBVIOUSLY IT COSTS ME TO BUY THE STUFF SO IF I DID IT I'D PROB CHARGE, BUT REASONABLY :wub:

LET ME NO IF U WANT ME 2 BRING MY STUFF AN IF SO WOT KINDA THINGS U GUYS WANT? I NO SUM1 MENTIONED QUOTES...

xxx

IF PPL ARE INTERESTED, I DO HENNA... AN I'LL B THERE IN OCTOBER...

OBVIOUSLY IT COSTS ME TO BUY THE STUFF SO IF I DID IT I'D PROB CHARGE, BUT REASONABLY :wub:

LET ME NO IF U WANT ME 2 BRING MY STUFF AN IF SO WOT KINDA THINGS U GUYS WANT? I NO SUM1 MENTIONED QUOTES...

xxx

Oh I'd be interested (:

Do you have photos of ons you've done before :( x

I have some photo's but it depends on what you're looking for! I've done things for charity which were small designs on ppls hands like flowers, stars, hearts n such and then i've done some traditional designs which cover most of your hand. I can do what you want really it jus depends how complicated you're talkin coz sometimes the henna comes out thick and the more you want the longer it takes to dry! An also price would vary depending on how much/where you want it doin. I'll have a look if i can find some photo's an if not i can upload some of my drawn designs if you like?

Where allergies are concerned i'm afraid its up to you whether you want to take the risk! I can't take the blame if you react to it. The only other thing i can suggest is that for those of you who are really worried is that we try a bit out friday an see wot happens overnyt?

If people have specific requests feel free to ask me or send me pics an i can tell u wot i think? You can add me or message me on facebook: 'Aminah Khan-Cheema'

xxx

No. Lol, I know I'm not gong but I recently (last thurs) got a Henna done and the "flowers" it was meant to be came out like this:

14n0ifc.jpg

I was so desperate to get it off I used Jif :dance:

It worked on the bit I used it on;

r0tqgj.jpg

Wow... no offense meant, but thats bad! Hope u dnt mind me askin, but did u get charged for that? I can assure u any flowers i do don't look like that! :(