Never Watched Buffy Before - Now I Shall

TRUKid

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good that you caved to the presure of everyone, I agree its so much better to watch the whole thing in one go. Great deal on the DVDs.

It wont take long it finish them, you can watch one series in a one or two depending on time or one a night until the event but you'll get hooked, my guess at least disc a night.

My fav's are Out of Might, Out of Sight (season 1), Phases, (season 2), Band Candy (Season 3), Hush (Season 4), Family (Season 5), Once more with Feeling and Tabula Rasa and Villians (Season 6) and Him (Season 7). Most of them except Villians are filler episode, more fun than impact.

Just started on season 2 again.

Have to say my fave episode of season 1 is The Pack, purely for Xander - "Shoot me, stuff me, mount me"

:P

That would probably be my second fave from series 1. My fave has to be Puppet Show. Thought that was a fantastic episode! So good from start to finish :)

I can't pick a favourite episode or season as each season has at least one major standout episode for me. But I can say that my favourite episode 'Previously on Buffy' intro has to be the one used in the last episode of season 5. I watched it over and over so many times. :thumbup:

Hi all,

Right, as previously stated in another topic, I have never watched Buffy before but am coming to Hallowhedon as my Mum didn't want to go alone and I go to a number of Showmasters events.

I just went to the local car boot and got a limited edition box set of Buffy Seasons 1-7 for £8 (pretty remarkable when it sells on ebay for over a hundred! Poor lady!)

Unfortunately, I don't get loads of time to watch dvd's due to one thing or another so this is where you guys come in!

Can I please ask you to suggest episodes I should watch before the event.

Just reply to this thread with the season/episode number or just the episode name so I can start my mission.

Huge thanks in advance,

Mark

Ooooh I am so jealous. I would love to have never seen Buffy before and have them all to watch for the first time again. There hjas never been a show written as well or as loved as Buffy. Even shows that have better plots, characters and storylines and hell acting always fall flat of Buffy. I wouldnt advise you to watch a single episode as like people have said you will not get the full effect of jossverse and trust me its a geekdom you want to be part of. PLus it means us jossverse geeks wont be as scary once your down there amongst us all. I would advise getting your hands on firefly as its amazing.

• 1 month later...

The first episode I ever watched was 'Anne' and I still totally love it. After that I was hooked and I watched it 'till the end. For my birthday I got season 1, 2 and the first box of 3 and I believe I watched it in one week (my sisters were both hooked too, lol).

I also have to admit that I watch all the episodes probably once a year. And I watch it from the first till the last. When I'm done, I don't watch it for a while, but as soon as I see any fanvid, I want to see it again. And even though I have my favs I can't watch just one episode as a stand-alone. (Don't try to calculate how many times I have watched Buffy, cause I've lost track....)

For me it was very exciting (and also a little slow and weird because the vamps looked different and the cast did to) to watch season one. I have to admit that I didn't even know Angel was a vampire (shame). So I really liked seeing where the show came from.

Why am I telling this very long story? Just to let you know that it's totally worth it: seeing every single ep on Buffy. You'll get hooked, trust me :D

xoxo Aivy

p.s. One of the best Buffy/Angel episodes is I Will Remember You, which is a Angel episode. So if you have some time. I would recommend that one to.

• 4 weeks later...

ALL the ones with james marsters in :D

just ALL of them, watch them through, like everyone has said, u need to see it develop, u miss one episode and u can be missing a whole chunk of info, my sister watched it really randomly and she knew nothing i talked about! lol :D

Now THAT'S a good tip! I'd go for that one (plus all the episodes with Sarah Michelle Gellar.... o, wait, haha! ;)).