Stargate Universe Trailers

Christoff

Anyone seen these yet? I only just discovered them...

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=60D2946C45DEAE9E

Seems to be a new gate design too, chevrons are different.

Edited by Christoff

:YAHOO: I was hoping it was all a bad nightmare, that they did not just cancel SGA to make a 3rd spin of that from the trailer not looking so good.

I will give it go but I just wish SGA was still showing as I havn't heard anything about the films.

• 2 weeks later...

eh. I would have prefered them to have kept going with Atlantis and NOT make a new series :(

with regards to the movies, I was very fortunate to be at the Official con in Vancouver last month :o and there was a talk with BW and RC and they confirmed that a new SG1 movie is green lit wahooo AND it will mostly be about Jack :o my fave character ;)

unfortunately, as with alot of things in the "current economic climate", Atlantis movie has not yet been green lit :D however, BW and RC made the valid point that the sets were still standing, despite the show having wrapped months ago, and that they would have been replaced/torn down by now if there was no intention to make the movie :D

to me, it is a great shame that the SG1 movie wasn't filming or about to start filming as then we would have been able to see the sets for that rather than Universe, which right now, I don't really have an interest in :( ok, I admit, I felt the same about Atlantis, but there aren't even any hotties :o in Universe (hmmm Shep :() or any familiar characters (Weir, McKay) and that concept has been done, hello Star Trek Voyager? :P

surfy sah xx

to me, it is a great shame that the SG1 movie wasn't filming or about to start filming as then we would have been able to see the sets for that rather than Universe, which right now, I don't really have an interest in :D ok, I admit, I felt the same about Atlantis, but there aren't even any hotties :wub: in Universe (hmmm Shep :() or any familiar characters (Weir, McKay) and that concept has been done, hello Star Trek Voyager? :YAHOO:

Do they put the sets back up if they need them then or are they gone completely? Because if they have gone, I'm sure there was some gateroom and control room scenes in the SG-1 movies and in later episodes of Atlantis.

Star Trek Voyager was/is great though :wub: and this does have Stargates too and I don't think they can actually control the ship, so it's not really the same :D

The SG1 sets are left standing underneath the universe sets and there still are a few corridors left standing. They were talking that they may green screen the gateroom depending on the amount of usage in the forthcoming movies.

Did somebody say hotties?? David.... SQUEEEEE!!

Sorry no Universe, tbh I think I am in the same boat as most I am not that excited about it, I kinda felt like we are getting it jammed down our throats kinda thing that we are going to love it. Michael Shanks hit the nail on the head that I think most will watch it just to hate it! The fan opinion seems pretty obvious to the actors so perhaps it should be more obvious to TPWB!! Anyways I'll give it a go, we'll see! All I can say is I remember my dissappointment walking into the reworked universe gateroom... thats all I'm going to say!

I hope it's good, I do wish SG-1 and Atlantis never ended but at least we're getting some Stargatee and it's not dead. Plus apparently they'll be quite a few guest stars from what I've read, although how that is I can't understand given their situation. It's also supposed to be a completely separate show (or something, can't remember the exact wording) unlike Atlantis, but how that is with guest stars of characters we know I again don't understand.

I hope it's good, I do wish SG-1 and Atlantis never ended but at least we're getting some Stargatee and it's not dead. Plus apparently they'll be quite a few guest stars from what I've read, although how that is I can't understand given their situation. It's also supposed to be a completely separate show (or something, can't remember the exact wording) unlike Atlantis, but how that is with guest stars of characters we know I again don't understand.

Will obviously be guest starts in the pilot. I have also read that they will have a unique way of being in contact with Earth without being able to physically go there/get aid from them. Would suggest you all read the Universe related articles on gateworld.net

Edited by Tanith

yes Muffin I did mention "hotties" and "David" in the same sentence :wub::lol: didn't know you still came to the boards, lurker :D hehe!

it seems BW and RC are the only people REALLY excited about it, and that's cause they're making it!!!! seems most fans would rather Atlantis continued and aren't all that interested in Universe :blink: again I ask you, where are all the cool people like in Rising?? :wub:

surfy sah xx

yes Muffin I did mention "hotties" and "David" in the same sentence :D :D didn't know you still came to the boards, lurker :blush: hehe!

LOL Oh no you caught me! Course I still come to the boards need to catch up with what is going on! Just received my latest copy of the Official stargate mag through the door today.... universe is plastered all over it.... :D

bah stupid Universe :blush: gave up on the mag along time ago :wub: never got round to reading it :smile:

I'm now gunna make a poll to get some more life back into this section! now go post in the Dog's Breakfast topic :P

:smile:

surfy sah xx