CONGRATULATIONS to GDL and Gemma

user-sf061

Congrats to them both & I wish them all the best but I guess I'm just too **** old & cynical because... unsure.gif

Morgan

Well aren't you the charmer! Gareth has been seeing Gemma for a couple of years now and personally I'm delighted that they've gotten engaged - I wish them all the best.

Well aren't you the charmer! Gareth has been seeing Gemma for a couple of years now and personally I'm delighted that they've gotten engaged - I wish them all the best.

Never said I wasn't excited to hear the news or that I don't wish them all the best. I'm always happy when someone finds that special person that makes their life better. Sorry I posted.

Morgan

Well aren't you the charmer!

Well, aren't you too? I'm sorry it offends you to read that someone may be cynical. True, it was not strictly necessary to say it. But, really, the comment was small, she wasn't being nasty or anything, you didn't need to make a big deal of it.

Anyway, nastyness apart...

CONGRATULATIONS to both of them!!!!

I wish them the best!!!

Well, aren't you too? I'm sorry it offends you to read that someone may be cynical. True, it was not strictly necessary to say it. But, really, the comment was small, she wasn't being nasty or anything, you didn't need to make a big deal of it.

You're having a go at me? Really? I'm as cynical as hell but that's not what this is about.

Firstly she swore and this is a family board and so that is completely inappropriate. Secondly in a thread set up to congratulate GDL why dump cold water all over it by swearing and expressing doubts over the engagement? As posts go (especially as it was only her second post on the board) it was utterly unnecessary and a bit nasty.

Edited by Persephone1

You're having a go at me? Really? I'm as cynical as hell but that's not what this is about.

Firstly she swore and this is a family board and so that is completely inappropriate. Secondly in a thread set up to congratulate GDL why dump cold water all over it by swearing and expressing doubts over the engagement? As posts go (especially as it was only her second post on the board) it was utterly unnecessary and a bit nasty.

Could you not have an argument, it tends to kill threads. What is said is said.

And congrats to them both, seeing as I'm here now.

Edited by Never

Could you not have an argument, it tends to kill threads. What is said is said.

And congrats to them both, seeing as I'm here now.

I agree with 'Never'

And yes, CONGRATULATIONS GARETH AND GEMMA!! :gorgeous:

so, when do we get our wedding invites?? :blush: lol

• 2 weeks later...

Not gonna get drawn into argument even though I'm under 30 been married less than a year and currently facing possible divorce, can see where cynicism in sarcastic jest (which I'm pretty sure it was) might be taken the wrong way).

But having seen Gareth and Gemma at Hub 2 they seem so great together, Gemma seemed like a fantastic girl who Gareth obviously adored and I wish them all the luck I never had, not that I think they'll need it.

Congrats to them both!