Wrestlemania

snot182

Santinos story is funny I think, equal rights for cross-dressers I say, the guy is fantastic on the mic and for the first time I can remember we now have 3 divas that can acctually fight, Santina, beth and natalya

Cenas entrances are a great tradition now, it's like HBK's outfit, it's always gonna be a something extra special, hell it's better than takers, I swear I went to the bathroom, got a drink and he still wasn't in the ring

The Cena entrance was based heavily on the Eminem entrance at the MTV awards several years ago. It was apparently suggested to Cena by Eminem's close friend Snoop Dogg who Cena has worked with. It was something that is becoming a tradition with him. As regards his Gangster entrance a few eyars ago, CM Punk was one of the gangsters.

Santinos story is funny I think, equal rights for cross-dressers I say, the guy is fantastic on the mic and for the first time I can remember we now have 3 divas that can acctually fight, Santina, beth and natalya

Cenas entrances are a great tradition now, it's like HBK's outfit, it's always gonna be a something extra special, hell it's better than takers, I swear I went to the bathroom, got a drink and he still wasn't in the ring

His story could have been funny, but got messed up by the powers that be. I agree that he's awesome on the mic, but he didn't actually get to be on it much. Seriously, which was funnier, Santino in drag doing his little dance, or Santino at WM last year, with his 'Snoopy da Dog' promo (which i STILL laugh at!)

I heartily agree that the Taker's entrance is long, drawn out and dull.... but there was just nothing interesting or entertaining about Cena's entrance and it was just utterly random (Eminem's song, as I recall, was about people imitating him).

His story could have been funny, but got messed up by the powers that be. I agree that he's awesome on the mic, but he didn't actually get to be on it much. Seriously, which was funnier, Santino in drag doing his little dance, or Santino at WM last year, with his 'Snoopy da Dog' promo (which i STILL laugh at!)

I heartily agree that the Taker's entrance is long, drawn out and dull.... but there was just nothing interesting or entertaining about Cena's entrance and it was just utterly random (Eminem's song, as I recall, was about people imitating him).

it wasnt entertaining to you. the gangster entrance was random too but its Cena doing summat big for Wrestlemania, it really didnt draw out his entrance to much and i marked out for his old music too. it was a nice harmless addition as far as i could see.

but then again, i dont hate on Cena for getting out of bed in the morning like some people seem to

it wasnt entertaining to you. the gangster entrance was random too but its Cena doing summat big for Wrestlemania, it really didnt draw out his entrance to much and i marked out for his old music too. it was a nice harmless addition as far as i could see.

but then again, i dont hate on Cena for getting out of bed in the morning like some people seem to

It wasn't interesting to me.... or the audience.... which was subdued at best. I was taken back at the level of apathy from the supporters during the fight, they couldn't even be bothered to boo him much (then I watched the HHH/Orton match and discovered a whole new level of apathy.)

I'm baffled as to why you think this was ok, but the gangster thing was random? The gangster entrance was when WM was held in Chicago and the entrance was an obvious reference to Al Capone, so it was hardly random. Likewise, the car crash entrance was at the WM held in Detroit, so there's a link there. What links Eminem/Cena wannabies to this years WM?

I don't hate Cena that passionately, as I've said, he's great on the mic and he has a fantastic presence. I just resent the fact that he virtually ALWAYS wins! I like my wrestling to be unpredictable and he is utterly predictable (which is probably a bigger complaint of the WWE and it's writers than it is about him.)

I didnt mind the hundreds of Cenas coming out, what i thought was a bit stupid was when they turned to look at each other and did you cant see me to each other, it just looked a bit.......retarded (for want of a better word)

the crowd apathy for the triple threat i would put down to them spending so much on Taker vs Michaels which was headlining calibre of a match. it was the same for HHH vs Y2J at mania 18 after they had to follow Rock/Hogan. for HHH vs Orton i would put it down to the fact it just wasnt as intense as it should have been for the build up

as for Cena always winning i again say, he win loss record in recent months has not been as favourable as it once was, he didnt win last year at mania, he lost the elimination chamber match quickly, he was buried by Big Show recently, they are just some matches off the top of my head.

the crowd apathy for the triple threat i would put down to them spending so much on Taker vs Michaels which was headlining calibre of a match. it was the same for HHH vs Y2J at mania 18 after they had to follow Rock/Hogan. for HHH vs Orton i would put it down to the fact it just wasnt as intense as it should have been for the build up

as for Cena always winning i again say, he win loss record in recent months has not been as favourable as it once was, he didnt win last year at mania, he lost the elimination chamber match quickly, he was buried by Big Show recently, they are just some matches off the top of my head.

I bet he still wins 85%+ of his televised matches. Yes, he lost to Big Show on Raw recently, but that was only to try and give some credibility to Show as a main event competitior, to TRY and convince the audience that he was a threat to Cena (which he wasn't and isn't).

he lost to big show on raw but that was the usual 5-7 ratio before the ppv

have you ever noticed that the raw before a ppv the guys that lose on raw or get a beating end up winning the ppv match

like last week

Tiffany won an 18-Diva Tag Team Match for her team; Santino Marella was attacked when he announced he still plans to compete in the 25-Diva Battle Royal, Santina wins at mania

Big Show def. John Cena, who was attacked by Edge after the match, Cena wins at Mania

Shawn Michaels holds a funeral for Undertaker’s undefeated WrestleMania streak; The Phenom emerged and received some Sweet Chin Music from HBK, Taker wins.........AGAIN!

Kane def. CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Christian, United States Champion MVP, Finlay, Mark Henry and Shelton Benjamin in an Eight-Man Over-the-Top Rope Battle Royal, Punk was last to be eliminated, PUNK WINS, PUNK WINS

HHH and Family attack legacy, no clear winner but it looked like HHH was getting the better of Orton, This and Jericho are the exceptions

but it happens before every PPV

he lost to big show on raw but that was the usual 5-7 ratio before the ppv

have you ever noticed that the raw before a ppv the guys that lose on raw or get a beating end up winning the ppv match

like last week

Tiffany won an 18-Diva Tag Team Match for her team; Santino Marella was attacked when he announced he still plans to compete in the 25-Diva Battle Royal, Santina wins at mania

Big Show def. John Cena, who was attacked by Edge after the match, Cena wins at Mania

Shawn Michaels holds a funeral for Undertaker’s undefeated WrestleMania streak; The Phenom emerged and received some Sweet Chin Music from HBK, Taker wins.........AGAIN!

Kane def. CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Christian, United States Champion MVP, Finlay, Mark Henry and Shelton Benjamin in an Eight-Man Over-the-Top Rope Battle Royal, Punk was last to be eliminated, PUNK WINS, PUNK WINS

HHH and Family attack legacy, no clear winner but it looked like HHH was getting the better of Orton, This and Jericho are the exceptions

but it happens before every PPV

I was thinking the same thing, but then I remembered that Rey beat JBL prior to Wrestlemania, then repeated the feat.

I forgot to mention.....how funny was it to see Austin drinking Sprite instead of Beer at the end of the hall of fame.

And then he passed the Sprite torch to Cena, very touching passing the limelight in such a kid friendly manner :whistling:

Austin has been on Lite Beer and Soft Drinks for some years now due to medication for injuries - especially his neck. He said in an interview a while back that beer is a rarity in his life now.

The usual route of losing or getting a beat down on the Raw or Smackdown prior to a PPV, and then going on to win is a long time tradition in wrestling including the WWE/WWF, WCW, ECW and TNA. Althoug, sometimes it is bucked.

In a tad of a shocker, whilst watching the entrance of Rey Mysterio at WrestleMania XXV you can hear The King asking Jim Ross whether Rey's outfit was a tribute to the late Heath Ledger and his imagining of The Joker....after a short pause you hear Jim Ross replying that "Rey's career is alive and well..."

All I can say is...OUCH...

All I wonder now is whether he was prompted to say this over the headset? The short pause indicates that this may be possible..

Edited by Will Jones

Austin has been on Lite Beer and Soft Drinks for some years now due to medication for injuries - especially his neck. He said in an interview a while back that beer is a rarity in his life now.

The usual route of losing or getting a beat down on the Raw or Smackdown prior to a PPV, and then going on to win is a long time tradition in wrestling including the WWE/WWF, WCW, ECW and TNA. Althoug, sometimes it is bucked.

i met Austin last year while he was over promoting the Condemned. He had a bottle of neat vodka that he was swigging like it was water...

i met Austin last year while he was over promoting the Condemned. He had a bottle of neat vodka that he was swigging like it was water...

Wel, I guess the interview about his drinking was a tad of a porky, or that day he truly bucked the trend. Neat Vodka is lethal if drunk that way...

I wouldnt be surprised thats the sort of thing that Vince would think was a good idea. Hes soooooo far off the pulse of modern society its scary

I guess it depends what part of society you mean as regards modern. There are some parts that would wholl endorse that type of comment made by JR if it was a direct attack on HL. So, in some regards, VKM has his finger on the pulse of at least one part of society... :D

• 2 weeks later...
Kid Rock -why?!? He's not exactly high profile right now. I'm not oppsoed to having musical acts, quite the opposite, but it needs to be someone more current and relevant

im no kid rock fan but he had a massive number 1 single earlier this year didn't he?

Despite the money that the WWE took itself, and how much the local businesses benefited, I think the feedback that Vince & Co have got may have sunk in. They are already laying the seeds for the next twelve months with certain talent being positioned for future feuds. I think the next 12 months will be interesting.