Filming in Italy

jjthedq

Montepulciano has a wine festival in May - it could be that they are waiting to confirm the dates for this first so they know when the city can be closed for shooting.

I wish they would take a detour with take Kristen to San Gimignano to film in the piazza there, as it has a fountain. I guess they'll just build one, or skip that part altogether.

Edited by timpe

we haven't booked anything yet so we're alright for now! i might even be going out to italy beforehand for a month so i'll come across as a proper local! i can totally blag my way on set haha. so i'll be in the country, and run off whenever filming is confirmed! (the getting there early would be to stay with family, btw, i'm not just hanging around in case they happen to be there.)

anywho we'd be touring italy a bit, pisa, florence, volterra, montepulciano, rome, and going for about 2 weeks.

To be honest, the filming is just a good excuse for me to go to Italy. I've never been before, and this gives me a timeframe to work with. I know the earliest I can leave and the latest I can get back, and it's a perfect two weeks. It just happens to be in May when they're filming New Moon. We do know for sure that it's two weeks in May; that much has been confirmed. As for which two weeks, well, who knows. We'll just keep an eye out on the Montepulciano Municipality to confirm something. I've read that they wrap production in Vancouver at the beginning of May though. So the time frame we're looking at personally works quite well, I think. Besides, we aren't just doing Montepulciano. We're seeing Pisa, floren And, of course, any photos we deem worthy/relevant will be posted.

Jen, I CANNOT believe you didn't tell me how much you had organised this. AND IT'S OVER MY BIRTHDAY!

I don't think I can afford it. And I don't think you'll be able to get that close anyway...they're closing the town or something, so the actors aren't overwhelmed. GAH. I really want to go but I am completely broke.

I totally texted you a few weeks ago about it! I never heard back from you. ;) See if you can find a way to get the cash? It'd be SO ace!!!!!

ya see, if the filming in italy is before i go away... and the trip isnt that expencive... i could so totally go (given a slight dose of insanity and bankruptsy) but i could. i go to usa on the 19th may... so providing the filming is before then... i may well consider it lol as hugh grant sings in 'music and lyrics' "don't write me off just yet!" lol hahhahahha

Edited by Edwardsbackupgirl

When are they filming??

I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY want to go to Italy but it's my Final Major Production (Hoping to get main part) untill June so I'll be rehearing nearly everyday untill the performance and my tutor's will KILL me if I skipped college to go all the way to Itlay.

I totally texted you a few weeks ago about it! I never heard back from you. :( See if you can find a way to get the cash? It'd be SO ace!!!!!

yesssss

last ones standing reunion! - 3

so not really

gahh italia wont know what's hit them

they'll be astounded by our awesomeness!

Well blates they'll be astounded! We are pretty awesome!

When are they filming??

I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY want to go to Italy but it's my Final Major Production (Hoping to get main part) untill June so I'll be rehearing nearly everyday untill the performance and my tutor's will KILL me if I skipped college to go all the way to Itlay.

haha, I remember my theatre days well. I wouldn't recommend skipping out on rehearsals. My directors would have killed me. ESPECIALLY if you get the lead! Good luck! Which play is it?

• 3 weeks later...

I thought they would be filming in Italy in the last week of May??

I better becareful with booking anything then...

I'm still looking for a roommate, anyone wants to share something? Otherwise it will be far too expensive for me.

sounds like this weekend... and tbh we can't trust anything anyone says until it's confirmed anyway. all these "sources" contradict each other, it's so annoying! and remember, they may have finished filming the cullens' scenes but kristens still got to finish hers before she finishes and goes to italy, and she's likely to have a small break, right?

also, when jamie was confirmed as caius he said he was going to be there at the beginning of june? i hope that's not true, but still...

anyway me and jen have booked our plane tickets and hotels already but there's a fan meet up on the 30th, i can't remember where i found it now but i think it might've been the lexicon. aside from volterra and montepulciano we're planning to visit venice, pisa, rome and pompei, i can't wait! :D so who else is thinking they can definitely go?

http://www.newmoonmovie.org/

Copy and past the linked document into a translator if you can't speak Italian, but filming dates have been as good as confirmed for those who want to go. They are also having open casting calls for walk on's (pointless much, local acting groups etc). This is where the translator I used got somewhat confusing as to whether or not you had to be Italian, but I presume you would have to be ora t least living and working their, since it would count as employment.

ooh i saw that!! i would so go to italy for auditions if i could spare the cash!! i don't have an italian/european passport but my dad does, that counts, right?!! or at least i should have a claim to working there... haha anyway i'm so glad dates have been confirmed it means i definitely get in a few days of set stalking yay!

katie, i would say you could come with me and jen but we've got loads of day trips to different places planned and we're staying with some members of my family, but if you do make it over we should try and meet up =] what days are you thinking of going & who are you going with?

hey

i can travel on saturday 23 May and can stay til 30 May (or anything inbetween these dates). i dont have anyone to go with. i dont mind travelling from UK and back by myself if i have to but would really like to meet up with someone once i'm there. is it just you and jen or is there a big group of people? has everyone already got flights/accommodation booked?

i have wanted to go to italy for ages but havent had the chance. i obviously want to stalk the set.. but would like to see some more of italy aswell if i could.

we've already booked our flights and accomodation, we're going to venice first but we arrive in monte on the 27th. jen's never been to italy before but i've been millions of times, i love it there so much! i might be meeting up with someone else there but it's not definite. have you got FB/msn? it might be easier to chat on there.

Nightwish - do you already have accommodation booked? or still in planning stage?

i can definitely come. i have booked the time off work already..just need to book everything!

i can get a flight to Perugia on the 24 may and can stay til either 29 or 31 may, depending on which flight i decide. someone mentioned a fan meet up on the 30? 'marystat' is definitely going too so a room for 3? can get an appartment for 3 for £821 from 24 -31 may. what do you think? or if hotel can always do what lots of people did at ET and have 3 people in a 2 person room? hmm

let me know asap so i can book everything.

Jen / Ellie / All

can you all email me at email address in my last post , thanks!

Edited by katie101