if theres a hub 4

torchwoodangel93

well, what time did most people start queueing on the Sunday morning for the hub 3 tickets at the hub 2?

cos if theres a hub 4 i want to try and get gold or silver (save all my money) but i really want to try and be withing the first 50 at least ;)

so it wud be helpful if i could know what time im gunna have to drag my self out of bed......

or did most of you just stay up all night? ;)

thanx!!

x

Edited by torchwoodangel93

• Moderators

I didn't get into the queue until 7.45ish, and was one of the first people to buy silver, so I think it's only if you wanted a very low number gold that people got up ridiculously early (or didn't go to bed)

I didn't get into the queue until 7.45ish, and was one of the first people to buy silver, so I think it's only if you wanted a very low number gold that people got up ridiculously early (or didn't go to bed)

yeah, some people on the other topic said they weren't there till about 7ish and still got quite low. i know i wouldn't be allowed to stay up all night or be up ridiculously early (im only 15 so i have to go with an adult :D)

also, i think depending on what guests are announced, they might not sell out so fast (although i hope john goes to the hub 4 if there is one)

I wanted to get a good ticket and i did when i got in line at half 7 however I was quite pleased that i was going to get about an hours extra sleep but had to get up early which ment i was a lot tireder(didnt help i had a chest infection) for the party and thoughout the day, I want to be able to go to the next one but it affected my enjoyment of the one I was at to get up early for a ticket.

it makes a difference to what number ticket you get, the lower your number, the closer you can get to the stage in the guest talks :thumbup:

Right, I see. I actually made sure I sat at the back whenever I could at the weekend, as there was more legroom and a really good view!

• Showmasters Admin

it makes a difference to what number ticket you get, the lower your number, the closer you can get to the stage in the guest talks :thumbup:

Right, I see. I actually made sure I sat at the back whenever I could at the weekend, as there was more legroom and a really good view!

Hi, glad to see you made it on.

Yea i sat at the back for all the bits on stage in fact i worry in case there are no seats left at the back! Suppose its not as good if you are taking pictures tho.

I am really hopign to get gold tickets if there is a hub 4 which i hope there is, though im not going to the hub 3 as i cant afford it, and i dont really want a standard so saving up for the hub 4, i just hope that there are some gold tickets left when they come online. My friend who lives in guernsey wants to come to the hub 4 as well, it will be her first con so want her to have the best time ever as well.

If it isnt gold then we will have to go for silver, but i can pray and hope

I am really hopign to get gold tickets if there is a hub 4 which i hope there is, though im not going to the hub 3 as i cant afford it, and i dont really want a standard so saving up for the hub 4, i just hope that there are some gold tickets left when they come online. My friend who lives in guernsey wants to come to the hub 4 as well, it will be her first con so want her to have the best time ever as well.

If it isnt gold then we will have to go for silver, but i can pray and hope

That's me! hehe!

I was looking forward to being able to come to the hub 3, but I sure don't want a standard, it would be either gold or silver for sure. So, hopefully there is a hub 4 so I can come, though it's gonna be hard getting it since I gotta wait till they come online. Fingers crossed that me and steff can get a gold(or silver)

Bit of an obvious statement but I think whether you get there early or late you are looking at at least an hours wait because you are either waiting at the front for it to open or you are nearer the back and waiting for the queue to go down, guess it depends how much you love sleep but as I had promised to take my daughter swimming on the sunday it actually suited me better to get up early and be done buying my ticket as early as possible to fit it all in. (plus, bonus of early number).

I think its good that people like to sit at the back though cos it would be a nightmare if we all wanted to sit in the same place :P

I guess this is probably going to be something very unpopular. But still, I have to say it.

I'll rather have the last Standard ticket than camp in a queue all night.

I've always found very disturbing the all-night queues. I don't care what its for, I value myself a lot more than that.

I guess this is probably going to be something very unpopular. But still, I have to say it.

I've always found very disturbing the all-night queues. I don't care what its for, I value myself a lot more than that.

dont worry, i can understand why you would say that. my mums the same, so are alkot of my friends, :lol: lol, but yeah, i'd like to get in the queue early though, but opinions differ. :WINCE:

I agree that camping out is a bit extreme but apart from one man who did camp all night the earliest person was about 5.45. I got there at 6.15 which I dont really think is that early and I'm an early riser anyway.

It depends on individual circumstances. For years I stayed well away for the front seating areas at events because of being embarrased by my disability, now I couldn't care less about what people think, and am making up for lost time by getting the best tickets I possibly can! Plus conventions are one of the few venues where it is physically possible for me to be able to sit at or near the front (if the tickets are available),at most places I have to sit elsewhere even if front row seats are available for purchase I would be able to use them! I can't myself actually queue all night, but luckily I have a partner who will do it for me just to see the happy smile on my face. Queuing all night may be extreme, but in some circumstances it is definitely worth it!

Edited by mjocovers

but in some circumstances it is definitely worth it!

That's the thing. I can't see how a convention or a concert or a signing event can EVER be worth it.

It's a matter of what are your values (it's not circumstances it's not disabilities, it's about how you value that front row and its cost).

It's a personal thing. And one of those wires that apparently I got badly connected in my brain because I just never heard a reason to believe it's worth it.

Edited by Minako

but in some circumstances it is definitely worth it!

That's the thing. I can't see how a convention or a concert or a signing event can EVER be worth it.

It's a matter of what are your values (it's not circumstances it's not disabilities, it's about how you value that front row and its cost).

It's a personal thing. And one of those wires that apparently I got badly connected in my brain because I just never heard a reason to believe it's worth it.

It depends upon how much s**t in your life you have to put up with and what your hobbies are to compensate I suppose!

Edited by mjocovers

I think what your saying is you would que all night to get a heart transplant that you despearatly needed but not que all night to get a ticket to sit 6 rows closer than one you could buy online after saving up.

I think that makes sense my brain is mush.

It depends upon how much s**t in your life you have to put up with and what your hobbies are to compensate I suppose!

Yep, I think that's probably an explanation. Somehow nothing requiring queuing ranks high enough as a hobby to make it worth to me.

I think what your saying is you would que all night to get a heart transplant that you despearatly needed but not que all night to get a ticket to sit 6 rows closer

For a heart transplant that could save someone, me or anyone dear to me, I would probably queue weeks if necessary. And not oly a death or life situaton. Imagine I've got a kid and the best school in my city gives every year a 5 year scholarship to the first people in a queue. Considering that a good education can make a world of difference to the entire future of my kid, that it may make a huge impact on what his/her life will be in 20 years... I would also queue weeks for that if necessary.

I don't know, a life-altering thing, something that can make a huge difference for the better for someone I care. THAT is worth much to me.

To sit or stand nearer someone I don't know (no matter how much I admire or lust after them)... I wouldn't queue more than 12 or 14 hours and never during my sleeping time.

I don't know, a life-altering thing, something that can make a huge difference for the better for someone I care. THAT is worth much to me.

To sit or stand nearer someone I don't know (no matter how much I admire or lust after them)... I wouldn't queue more than 12 or 14 hours and never during my sleeping time.

For some people, this kind if thing is life-altering. There are any number of reasons why queueing up/sitting near the front could change one's life. Imagine for instance, if you meet the love of your life there! Or perhaps you might be offered the job of a lifetime just because you were in the right place at the right time. Or you might make some really good for-life friends.

Queueing is not my thing either, and neither is being near the front of the hall, but for some people it's really important, and if it means taking a break from life's s**t for three days, then why not? I personally don't have any c**p in my life but it's taken me a long time to get to this stage, and every day I am thankful for having such a fantastic life; however, there have been times when I'd have given almost anything for a bit of escapism. Would I have stood in line for hours for it? Maybe - who knows who you I may have met along the way?!

TooTall; yes I did - thank you for your help, it's much appreciated, And yours too, Andrea.

:o

how did a thread about what time the queue usually starts turn into a conversation about heart transplants??

i think this may develop further into a possible arguement if it isn't stopped, so i'll stop it now.....

thnkyou everyone, i now have all the information i need for what time to queue (unless you haven't posted and want to tell me what time you started queueing)

thanks!! x