• Murray Gold ... composer: theme music
    • Andy Goddard 6 episodes
    • Ashley Way 6 episodes
    • Chris Chibnall Series Writer 8 episodes

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As others have said, watching Gareth and John together is the absolute best thing at these events, so I voted for Gareth. (In the other sections, I voted for Tom Price and Chris Chibnall, as Tom was just a brilliant guest and Chibnall wrote several of my favourite episodes.)

I must also add my plea for Matt Rippy, as he truly was a lovely surprise, and it would be fabulous to have the option of a skit with the two Captains Jack and Ianto. The idea suggested earlier in the thread of having all five of the main cast there at once to discuss CoE after the fact would be unutterably brilliant, of course, even if it is a pipe dream.

As for new blood, I'd love to see James Moran and/or Catherine Tregenna there. They're brilliant writers with a great feel for plot and character, and I'd love to hear and converse with them.

Much as I'd love to see James Marsters, I worry that the convention would turn into a madhouse with him there (sort of like Orlando Bloom showing up to a Lord of the Rings convention), and I'd love to avoid that problem and its attendant security nightmares. Of course, I wasn't at [that convention in London a year or so ago], so I could be totally wrong about this. ^_^

Much as I'd love to see James Marsters, I worry that the convention would turn into a madhouse with him there (sort of like Orlando Bloom showing up to a Lord of the Rings convention), and I'd love to avoid that problem and its attendant security nightmares. Of course, I wasn't at [that convention in London a year or so ago], so I could be totally wrong about this. ^_^

I worry too, that his fans who follow him everywhere would attend. No disrespect to them, but to have so many of the attendees having no interest in half of what is going on wouldn't exactly be fun...

Of course, I wasn't at [that convention in London a year or so ago], so I could be totally wrong about this. ;)

Probably the most hasslefree event I've been to, once we got in.

That's wonderful to know, and I'm now even more jealous of those who were able to go. *curses work obligations* ;)

I simply refuse to vote!

*pouts*

And the reason is that I cannot think rationally from the first group.

There are 2 people I haven't met before (RTD and Freema) but there's also someone else in this group that interests me very, very much...

I worry too, that his fans who follow him everywhere would attend. No disrespect to them, but to have so many of the attendees having no interest in half of what is going on wouldn't exactly be fun...

Are we :P James :lol: fans so bad?

I know that there've been at least a couple of dozen of us :P James :wub: fans in both of the previous Hub's...

You know what, at Hub2 I overheard someone (I guess she was a Burn fan) say that she missed Eve on Saturday, but that it didn't bother her one bit. So, there are always people who will place one guest above anyone else.

-MtS.Tyra, the one who bought the Gold ticket regardless of :wub: James :wub: ' attendance, 'cause she's a Torchwood fanatic as well

ITA.

(no offense to the fans also) but i have to agree with turkfox, i would REALLY LOVE to meet him again!! but if all his followers came along too, it could get a bit annoying..... :P

I simply refuse to vote!

*pouts*

And the reason is that I cannot think rationally from the first group.

There are 2 people I haven't met before (RTD and Freema) but there's also someone else in this group that interests me very, very much...

Are we :P James :lol: fans so bad?

I know that there've been at least a couple of dozen of us :P James :wub: fans in both of the previous Hub's...

You know what, at Hub2 I overheard someone (I guess she was a Burn fan) say that she missed Eve on Saturday, but that it didn't bother her one bit. So, there are always people who will place one guest above anyone else.

-MtS.Tyra, the one who bought the Gold ticket regardless of :wub: James :wub: ' attendance, 'cause she's a Torchwood fanatic as well

But that person - the one who didn't want Eve's autograph - was still a Torchwood fan. I think JM would attract too many non-TW fans.

Of course, I wasn't at [that convention in London a year or so ago], so I could be totally wrong about this. :wub:

Probably the most hasslefree event I've been to, once we got in.

That's wonderful to know, and I'm now even more jealous of those who were able to go. *curses work obligations* :D

[deleted] I think it was hassle free because there was no party for James to hang out at and he didn't spend time hanging out with fans unlike at The Hub where you could hassle guests at parties and at the bars.

Can I suggest Caroline? Not sure what her surname is she played Lisa.

OWL POST 1992 please read the forum rules before posting. You cannot name other events. I suggest you read the rules carefully as they explain to what extent you can even mention other events.

Edited by slaycandy

What about Louise Delamere ? The girl from the past with who Owen fell in love in season 1. I think she was planned to attend The first Hub, right ?

As main cast, I'd love to see Naoko as I did not have the chance yet. Freema would of course be fantastic but probably more difficult to have.

But that person - the one who didn't want Eve's autograph - was still a Torchwood fan. I think JM would attract too many non-TW fans.

So basically what you are saying is that there needs to be a TW fan test before a ticket is sold...?

I might be completely wrong, but how many JB fans will be at Hub3 just because he is there.

He had a career before TW and he still keeps on doing other things as well...

*gasp* those people might not be real TW fans after all

I know for a fact that without JM I wouldn't be a TW fan. Does that make me a bad person?

I'm not sure, but it might... according to your logic.

BTW here's a cold hard fact: if ME would announce :wub: James :D as a guest, the tickets would be sold out waaaaaay before the event.

And I mean the tickets of the Standard variety, as even the Silver will probably be all gone before that hypothetical announcement.

-MtS.Tyra, the one who hates the bad rep all :P James ;) fans seem to have

So basically what you are saying is that there needs to be a TW fan test before a ticket is sold...?

I might be completely wrong, but how many JB fans will be at Hub3 just because he is there.

I know for a fact that without JM I wouldn't be a TW fan. Does that make me a bad person?

BTW here's a cold hard fact: if ME would announce :wub: James :D as a guest, the tickets would be sold out waaaaaay before the event.

And I mean the tickets of the Standard variety, as even the Silver will probably be all gone before that hypothetical announcement.

-MtS.Tyra, the one who hates the bad rep all :P James ;) fans seem to have

I think she means that fans from Halloowedom (sp?) might hijack this event as well and turn it away from TW which is what we are celebrating.

Heck if there was a test it ought to be name the 5 leads, not everyone's memorised all of S2 yet let alone S3.

They'll be plenty of John fans at the next event who have booked purely to see John - just as there were at the first event.

And that's fine.

The danger comes when you have a group of fans who are ONLY interested in one person attending. At the first Hub there were plenty of John fans who didn't subsequently attend The Hub 2 but they all listened to the non-John talks and obtained autographs and had photos with all the other guests.

On the flip side I did attend an event which James Marsters did with Gareth David Lloyd some time ago and a good 95% of the attendees were there to see James not Gareth and it was awkward and slightly embarassing to see the line for James snaking out the door with practically every attendee completely by-passing Gareth as they just had no interest in him. And yes it's a generalisation, of course it is, but the general view is that James fans like James and aren't necessarily as interested in the other actors in shows that he has appeared in, plus they do have a rep for being deeply devoted and, well, there are horror stories...

All in all whilst I like James very much I do think it would be awful to have a large group of fans there for him who wouldn't be interested in the other guests as it makes for a very uneven event.

They'll be plenty of John fans at the next event who have booked purely to see John - just as there were at the first event.

And that's fine.

The danger comes when you have a group of fans who are ONLY interested in one person attending. At the first Hub there were plenty of John fans who didn't subsequently attend The Hub 2 but they all listened to the non-John talks and obtained autographs and had photos with all the other guests.

On the flip side I did attend an event which James Marsters did with Gareth David Lloyd some time ago and a good 95% of the attendees were there to see James not Gareth and it was awkward and slightly embarassing to see the line for James snaking out the door with practically every attendee completely by-passing Gareth as they just had no interest in him. And yes it's a generalisation, of course it is, but the general view is that James fans like James and aren't necessarily as interested in the other actors in shows that he has appeared in, plus they do have a rep for being deeply devoted and, well, there are horror stories...

All in all whilst I like James very much I do think it would be awful to have a large group of fans there for him who wouldn't be interested in the other guests as it makes for a very uneven event.

Exactly.

I went purely for Gareth but ended up loving everyone there and going for drinks with Kai. I would hate for The Hub to turn into one person's own con but it happened first Hub with John, his line for everything went out the door :headscratch:

Anyway, back to topic. I would love it if Andy was back, he was so much fun best £5 I spent all weekend :(

OWL POST 1992 please read the forum rules before posting. You cannot name other events. I suggest you read the rules carefully as they explain to what extent you can even mention other events.

Edited by slaycandy

On the flip side I did attend an event which James Marsters did with Gareth David Lloyd some time ago and a good 95% of the attendees were there to see James not Gareth and it was awkward and slightly embarassing to see the line for James snaking out the door with practically every attendee completely by-passing Gareth as they just had no interest in him.

I don't think it's just that, if you've already met a guest (and I've lost count how many times I've met Gareth!) then the one you haven't met is going to take priority.

You missed Danny Hargreaves off the production team!

That is exactly what I was going to say!!

This will be my first con *Hides face in shame* so I want everyone there!!

It would be nice to have a mix or Series 3 and the older series.

GDL, Tom Price, Matt Rippy, Kai, Burn, RTD, James Masters and John would make it a scorching hot con that would go down in history! Shame we can't have them all!!

Yay! I'm not the only one for Danny! :band: If he went I'd probably spend the weekend begging him to let me join the special effects team.

It'd be great if they could get a lot of the main cast for this one! It would certainly convince the fans to get their tickets! (that haven't already of course!)

Edited by ElectroxGirl

BTW here's a cold hard fact: if ME would announce :YAHOO: James :smile: as a guest, the tickets would be sold out waaaaaay before the event.

-MtS.Tyra, the one who hates the bad rep all :wub: James :wub: fans seem to have

I think she means that fans from Halloowedom (sp?) might hijack this event as well and turn it away from TW which is what we are celebrating.

Heck if there was a test it ought to be name the 5 leads, not everyone's memorised all of S2 yet let alone S3.

Thank you, owl post 1992, that is what I meant.

I think, if JB's groups and forums are anything to go by, the majority of his fans are also regular TW watchers. I've found a lot of JM fans aren't TW at all.

And, MTS Tyra, I never said there should be a test or OMG DON'T LET JM FANS IN THE DOOR!!! It's just my opinion and what this thread is here for.