Questions for Guest Talks...

slaycandy

• Showmasters Admin

Guest Talks Questions!

If you have a particular question that you would like asked at the guest talks, we now have a new way of submitting these to Massive Events prior to the convention! On each of the Massive Events' websites there is now a Guest Talks Questions submission form that you can fill out - all we need is your question, and the name of the guest you want it asked to.

These questions will all be read and checked prior to being used at the weekend. The best (and most varied) questions will be selected and used during the guest talks each day of the event.

For those of you that have been to a Massive Events convention in the past and seen the system of filling out a small paper form and leaving it in a box, this is basically the same procedure, but it helps us to get more organised prior to the event so that you get the best range of questions on the day!

Please do not post your questions on the forums as they won't be checked, if you do have a question please fill out the form.

We look forward to reading the questions that you come up with and hope that this makes the guest talks run more smoothly in the future!

To submit a question for The Hub 3: CLICK HERE!

SJ

x

PS. Please note, only submit questions to guests that are currently confirmed to be attending an event, not guests that you hope will be there. Or alternatively, submit questions that can be asked to any and all guests. Thanks!

Also, a few people complained about the questions at The Hub 2, but they were picked from the ones that are submitted, so if you want to improve the quality of the questions, then submit ones to make sure we know what it is that you want! If you don't submit a question because you assume others will, this may be the case for everyone, so some of the best questions may go unasked because we don't realise they are ones you want used! So, ask away!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone sent in any questions yet? I keep on meaning to but then forget to send them in. I suppose it's quite important that there's good questions at the talks as they are ultimately what make them up, so I'm going to try my best to think of some really good questions now. Has anyone sent in any good questions that could help inspire others? :D

Edited by Doctor Who

I've sent in about 3 which I've forgotten so I'll never know if they're asked.

Did you not put your name in the form or did you ask the questions under anonymous? That's good that some questions have been asked by the way, I can't wait for the talks. Are there any questions that shouldn't be asked? I don't want to send one in that's asked every time and quite cheesy, embarassing or rather boring. Thanks in advance lol. :D:P

Edited by Doctor Who

I've sent in about 3 which I've forgotten so I'll never know if they're asked.

Did you not put your name in the form or did you ask the questions under anonymous? That's good that some questions have been asked by the way, I can't wait for the talks. Are there any questions that shouldn't be asked? I don't want to send one in that's asked every time and quite cheesy, embarassing or rather boring. Thanks in advance lol. :D:P

I might have...I'm not sure

Er...there are a few questions that are asked everytime but my memory isn't doing well at the moment so hopefully someone else can remember!

I might have...I'm not sure. Er...there are a few questions that are asked everytime but my memory isn't doing well at the moment so hopefully someone else can remember!

Ah ok. If I'm right and you put your name down on the form, I think your name will be read out with the question anyway. If yours is asked in one of the talks then you might be able to recognise it then. :D:P

Edited by Doctor Who

I've just submitted to any or all guests who will be doing a talk; 'If you had a time machine and could travel anywhere in time and space, where and when would you go?'. I'll think of some more questions later. :D:P

Edited by Doctor Who

would it be possible to get all qs asked from my email to be removed?

they probs won't be asked anyway but I don't want any of them to.

not even anonymously.

is email stored with qs or would I have to try and remember each question I asked.

• Showmasters Admin

would it be possible to get all qs asked from my email to be removed?

they probs won't be asked anyway but I don't want any of them to.

not even anonymously.

is email stored with qs or would I have to try and remember each question I asked.

All questions are checked and if we think they are likely to cause offence either removed completely or if we are unsure, on occasion we will check with guests before they are on stage they are comfortable with the subject matter, particularly if the guests are new to this.

As I hope most people know the content of the stage talks at The Hub is amongst the most broad minded and adult out of all of the shows we do, but even then there are still questions that are inappropriate to ask regardless of the Barrowman line.

The way we operate the questions is to avoid embarrassment for guests and attendees. We don't have the resources to remove questions once they have been submitted but if we thought in anyway they would cause embarrassment to a guest or attendee they will not get asked, which I hope puts your mind at rest.

Thanks and everybody please keep them coming - particularly for the new guests.

Thanks

Paul J

(The MC)

Are we allowed to ask questions to guests about their roles in other shows and movies too? For example, I could ask Rik Makarem about Emmerdale, Liz May Brice about Bad Girls and Dead Set etc. Obviously, I wouldn't send hundreds of non-Torchwood related questions in as it's a Torchwood convention, just maybe a few. Would they be ok? :D

Edited by Doctor Who

Yeah at the last hub a few people were asked about other projects and such. I remember Matt Rippy being asked about the reduced shakespear company at one point. Although he may have just gone off on a tangent and mentioned it lol

Ah ok, thanks for the help and haha, some guests may well do that. I know when I met Colin Baker (who was hilarious and absolutely lovely), he often went off topic and talked about unrelated things. That's one reason why his talks were so entertaining. I'll think of some questions tonight and tomorrow morning then as I have tomorrow afternoon off college. I can send in quite a lot of questions tomorrow as well as finish an assignment I have to do for English Language. :D:P

Edited by Doctor Who