Kristen Stewart...That Interview!

jess8619

Ah, I loved the film that was shown before the talks on Saturday, I thought all the stars really knew what they were talking about and really felt passionate about being in the film and their characters.

Apart from Kristen, her interview made me laugh and cringe. It looked like she hated being there, had no idea what Twilight was about or who Bella even was and she seemed really uncomfortable and nervous.

Oh, and she never smiled. :dance:

Anyone else agree?

I dunno, I mean sometimes she looks uncomfortable but maybe she just doesnt like being questioned?

not everyone can be witty or come out with smart answers (unlike peter, kellan and christian!)

I think she was really good as Bella, and I know it sounds stupid for an actress but maybe she doesnt like a camera stuck in her face 24/7?

Yeah she did look really uncomfortable, then again so does Rob Pattinson.

They're probably a little overwhelmed with everything I can't imagine the pressure they feel to look cool and say something witty. It's a really brave thing just to face that camera down.

She's an amazing actress, and I think she has this serious, serene persona that people don't associate with young actresses and that's why people are so negative.

I mean, put a script in my hand a plop a camera in front of me and i'll be who the script wants me to be, but when you stop questioning my character and start questioning me, I'm like...uh...what?

I just think she gets embarassed and nervous with all the attention and such.

Love her as Bella xD

If it weren't for her...deep voice.

thats y i think it would kinda be a shame for them to come because i just think about the reaction that peter and kellan got and i cant see the two of them living through the weekend, or even staying longer than the opening ceremony!!!

Hmmm, I think Kristen is great, I think she was a little more serious in the film than how Bella comes across in the book, but she is a good actress and so what if she isn't funny in interviews, she says herself that she is very awkward in those situations.

I think Rob and Kristen are now well used to the hysteria surrounding Twilight, therefore if they did come, they would know what they were letting themselves in for.

Also ME handled the guests well, in some instances the bodyguards were more over cautious than the guests themselves, especially the guy looking after Peter, he looked very angry and had mad staring eyes, guess they make him look after the most lusted after guest ha ha!

We missed the clips of Kristen but from other interviews she seems to understand Bella's character and the appeal of the Twilight story - she's just very measured and thoughtful when she's interviewed. I personally like that she's serious and a little awkward - she's an actress, not a celebrity. She just doesn't buy into the whole hysteria thing and I think the screaming fans bemuse her. I kind of hate this assumption that because she's playing Bella she should be fawning gratefully to the fanbase - she's just an actress playing a role. I don't care whether she likes Bella or the books or whatever, just that she does a good job or bringing Bella to life.

I was really disappointed that some people were booing when they showed a photo of Kristen on screen at the opening ceremony - that was so disgusting and I really hope the guests didn't hear that while they were waiting to be introduced.

I don't agree. I really like Kristen, and I feel sorry for her. She is a year younger than me, and I think she just isn't used to the sudden fame. Plus, I feel as though people automatically dislike her because she is Bella.

Can you blame her for feeling awkward? They weren't expecting half the attention that they got filming the film!

Ah poor Kristen! I met her and she was lovely! She was especially great with my two friends.

:WINCE:

I get the feeling she's very nice to fans, but nervous with the press. Many actors are like that.

Edited by Gandalfia

Ah Kristen Stewart just makes me lol in interviews. You can totally tell she doesn't want to be there. And she always seems kinda depressed.

Ha in the film she makes me laugh when Edward is sucking the venom out of her arm and she goes cross-eyed and looks like an alien!

This topic always comes up, and it drives me crazy.

Kristen is seriously just the really shy type. Loads of you are probably pretty shy in real life, and to have a camera put in front of your face...you'd be hesitant to say anything as well! Look back at her other interviews. She talks a bit more, but you can still tell that she's nervous, bless her. It's a lot harder to be yourself in front of a camera than it is to take on another role. Believe me.

Besides, she knows that every sentence, every word she speaks will be picked apart to the ends of the earth by Twilight fans and haters alike. Things she says in interviews will be misconstrued, they'll be used to the advantage of the people putting on the interview, and in the end people will just criticise her for being shy anyway.

Bear in mind that actors are normal people. They weren't born special. They're just people who get up in front of cameras and pretend to be people they're not for our entertainment. I know many of you probably couldn't do that because you're too shy. I'm a journalist, and trying to get people to talk to me on camera is like pulling teeth. People refuse to speak the second you point the camera in their direction. Kristen, and all these other actors out there, are brave for doing what they do. They put themselves out there to be criticised, bashed, hated...all in the hopes that it will change someone's life, make somebody happy, further a cause, something.

So just put yourself in her place and imagine how you would feel, with all the pressure to be something, say something, act in some way. You really cannot criticise her for being shy and for trying to think about how she answers questions.

Plus, I feel as though people automatically dislike her because she is Bella.

I get that feeling too. There are definitely some "fans" who hate the idea of anyone but themselves as Bella, and who hate her for getting closer to Rob than they're likely to. The booing at the weekend was a real embarrassment - it made me ashamed to be a part of the fandom.

Plus, I feel as though people automatically dislike her because she is Bella.

The booing at the weekend was a real embarrassment - it made me ashamed to be a part of the fandom.

I second that. There were several things that made me embarrassed to be a part of this fandom this weekend. Seriously, give the guests some breathing room! They looked scared! It was embarrassing.

And stop following them around everywhere. Like seriously, a stream of people left the dance room when Peter went back to the bar area. It was like watching sad, love struck puppies to be honest, and I was embarrassed.

And all the screaming, even after we'd been told that they were having a difficult time being on stage from it? Guys, have some respect for them! An 8 hour time change is not easy. I've done it several times going to and coming from home in Washington State. The very last thing you want after a 10 hour flight and a bunch of travel time is to be on stage with hundreds of cameras flashing at you, fangirls shrieking, and no way to stop it. Then to walk around and have a crowd of people three deep gawking at you.

They were getting paid to be here, but that doesn't mean that we have the right to crowd them and embarrass ourselves in front of them.

Hopefully ET2 will be better for guests.

Whoa, this has got a bit heated. It was supposed to be a bit light hearted, didn't realise I'd upset so many people. :/

I'd like to point out that I'm not jealous of her, for one thing, because I don't like Edward/Rob Pattinson.

Yeah, I get that it's not nice having a camera in your face but it was for an interview, therefore she should have had some time to prepare. She's an actress, so should know what she was letting herself in for when she first got an agent.

I was just saying I didn't think she looked like she connected about Bella, I didn't feel it coming from her heart like when I saw Cam,Jackson and Taylor's (No, I'm not being biased) interviews.

And I definately know what it's like to be shy and unconfident, so there's no point using that as an arguement, I wasn't criticising her I was just expressing an opinion that I didn't think her interview was as professional as some of the others.

I'm sorry I offended you guys

Edited by jess8619