Costume Progress

carnosoul

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm well on my way to finishing my Donna Noble Fires of Pompeii costume. Thought I'd finished, but there were a few details I'd missed. Not sure whether I'll be wearing it during the day on saturday- depends on changing facilities etc (as I'll be going straight there from the bus, and don't want to be travelling in it...). But will be wearing it at the party hopefully!

Hey guys ^^

This will be my first time at Collectormania in Glasgow. I had honestly no idea about it until recently (nerd fail? XD)

I'm a frequent attender at the big con down in London and cosplayer, though mostly I do anime characters.

Because this is more sort of game/comic book/sci-fiy I thought I would throw together a Scout cosplay from team Fortress 2, possibly a female version ^^ My freind is coming as a spy/ engineer as well

Anyways I'll put up progress when I have XD

Edited by Aranel

I had honestly no idea about it until recently (nerd fail? XD)

More a severe advertising fail. It seems SM put out a lot of money for advertising, though most hear about it by stumbling on this very site, or through word of mouth.

I was hoping to get some costumes made, despite them not being fully ready in time for CG. The sewing machine seems to be screwed. It was clogged up with green thread and refused to actually sew anything when I cleared it out.

I now have all the material cut and nothing to put them together with for another week.

I now have all the material cut and nothing to put them together with for another week.

Handsew it? I was rubbish at handsewing until I had no choice but to handsew most of a costume, I'm quite good at it now :smile:

I thought about that, but my handstiching on the costume I'm wering to CG was so abysmal I've retired from hand stitching for the rest of my life.

Plus it took far too long for someone as impatient as me ;)

Hmmm. Those look like pretty standard green combats the fake new Starbuck (thereisonlyoneandhisnameisdirk) is wearing. You could totally pick a pair of those suckers up at, like, Primark or somewhere. Cheap too. That said, the PVCs are epic hawtness.

Lookie lookie!

:thumbup:

Epic cylonage.

Raven is hot.

Must...not...think...impure...thoughts...

Hmmm. Those look like pretty standard green combats the fake new Starbuck (thereisonlyoneandhisnameisdirk) is wearing. You could totally pick a pair of those suckers up at, like, Primark or somewhere. Cheap too. That said, the PVCs are epic hawtness.

The place I get my BDU's ere out of stock for her size, Primark had them in the mens department but now they don't. I'm still looking on her behalf - I think I like costuming more than her.

...and I'm tempted to get us both in shot now.

Raven is hot.

Chebbathon?

Lookie lookie!

:cylon:

Epic cylonage.

Raven is hot.

We shall agree to disagree on the Starbuck topic on the account I like you :lol:

Although she's everything the original Starbuck was and she has chebs....this makes her better :thumbup:

I'm still looking on her behalf - I think I like costuming more than her.

...and I'm tempted to get us both in shot now.

You've had more practice at the costuming than me though :P

Right...

As Diane posted her pics up, I figured I may as well. This is the outfit so far.

cs3.jpgcsvulcan.jpg

As you can see I got bored and tried to emulate Spock's bizarre transporter pose. If you think thats bad, I also went a bit Hogan

The outfit was chosen so I could go to the undershirt if there was a Paisley-like stabbing incident (I've been slashed once, I don't want to try and convince them slashing my BAFTA award winning talent is illogical twice). I took a pic of the undershirt too (which is here).

Though I think it's safe to say...

csmanic.jpg

...no phasers for me...

You're legs look awesome in your pose.

And you have a far spankable pair of buttocks.

You are legs look awesome?

For shame, Cage.

You're good! I didn't even notice that usually I "would of" :thumbup:

Gonna compliment the legs get the grammar right :D

Edited by Ravenshayde