FANFIC COMPETITION ENTRY.

LeahBlack.

Her life might aswell be over.

She's found him, but he loves her. What's left for her now?

Misery. Pain. Heartache.

The thought of him made her tingle inside. She knew he was the one. Or rather he had been. A tear slid down her cheek as she tried to think of her purpose in life, she had none. She was worthless.

Had her hints to reveal her love to him not been enough? Anyway, it didn't matter anymore. Not now that he had her. She had the sudden urge to run; she wanted to get away from all of this.

She changed out of her clothes and phased quickly, feeling a burning sensation prickle her skin and a sudden adrenaline rush wash through her. But he was waiting for her, waiting for her to phase, waiting to hear her every thought.

Leah.

Leave me alone.

Please. Tell me what's wrong! Maybe I can help.

*silence*

She had phased back, not before he had seen where she was though. He also changed back to his human form and raced to talk to her.

She carefully wrote out a note. Her hands shaking the whole time. She knew he would find it. She would have to be quick or he would try to talk her out of it. She held a handful of pills in one hand and a bottle of alcohol in the other, swallowing them down without hesitation. He was the last thing she thought of. His perfect face appeared in her mind as she drifted in and out of consciousness before settling down into a deep and peaceful sleep in which she would never be woken from.

His breath caught in his throat as he hesitantly made his way over to the still girl lying in the sand.

"Leah!" He called out.

Nothing. He was too late.

When he finally got to her he looked down at her perfect face, pushed a strand of hair from her eyes and wiped away the single teardrop that lay on her cheek. That was when he broke down. She looked so peaceful, so beautiful. He pushed his lips firmly against hers.

He realised he had been in love with her. All this time and he never knew. Only now....now that it was too late. He picked up the lifeless girl and held her in his strong arms, pressing her to his bare chest.

Then, he spotted a crumpled piece of paper; it had her delicate handwriting on it. He picked it up and read the eight words that would stay with him for the rest of his life.

I loved you Jacob Black. But love hurts.

Name: Leah Tait

Edited by LeahBlack.

At first I thought it was New Moon, but it's Breaking Dawn! Like you (I think), I suspect Leah liked Jacob just a bit more than she let on. I'm majorly against Jacob/Renestard because it just...gah, I won't go into the rant.

Anyway, loved this because to me, it's partly how it should have turned out. A mix of truth (he loved her, she loved him) with the consequences of reality (she was alone, and she finally gave up trying to be ok with it). Really beautiful writing, and I liked how you laid it out. Leah seemed a bit more romantic than I've always thought of her, but I'm a hopeless romantic, so that suited me just fine as a reader! Great job!

Ohhh I have tingles. That was very moving in a haunting sort of way. Poor Leah - she just doesn't seem to have any luck when it comes to boys, does she?

In breaking dawn I kinda thought Stephenie Meyer was building up to a Leah/Jacob match, but that just made the Renesmee thing even more surprising... (Okay, it wasn't that much of a surprise. I could see the imprintation happening as soon as Bella 'died' in Breaking Dawn!)

Great story. well done.

Thanks for your positive comments :)

I live for lovely feedback :o

Thankyouu, all of you :D

xxx

haha i love good feedback too.... your piece was really good. romantic but sad at the same time. a little like romeo and juliet... except they dont get to express their feelings.

:o okay maybe thats just my view haha

Awhhhhh, thankyouu sooo much :)

Yours is amazing too!

I loved it! :D

Made me giggle :D

xxx