Auction items at Eternal Twilight

showmasters

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Will the money from the auctions be going to a designated charity/charities, or will they be going to the agents of the guests to pay their fees? ;):D

Thats what I would like to know.

We've already bought our tickets, the tshirts, the twilight goodie bag. showmasters are making lots of money from the twilighters. i thought thered be more guests for the amount of money being made. im not spending more money in an auction if its going into the organisers pockets and we're not seeing guests for it.

The money should go to charity.

• Moderators

Question: Will the money from the auctions be going to a designated charity/charities, or will they be going to the agents of the guests to pay their fees? :P :P

We've already bought our tickets, the tshirts, the twilight goodie bag. showmasters are making lots of money from the twilighters. i thought thered be more guests for the amount of money being made. im not spending more money in an auction if its going into the organisers pockets and we're not seeing guests for it.

I'm not sure why you'd think there'd be more guests for the amount of money being made? I can only assume you have no idea how much it costs to get a guest to appear, flights, hotel fees etc. I think it's a bit harsh making them out to be some kinda money grabbers when no one has any idea of the money that goes into running a show like this :D

As far as I know, the auctions are to raise money to put back into running future events, not charity ones. If some people have an issue with that, then fair enough, don't buy anything. But I personally don't have an issue with it - after all, they're a business, and often make losses on events. They're certainly not the HUGE profit makers some would believe.

Question: Will the money from the auctions be going to a designated charity/charities, or will they be going to the agents of the guests to pay their fees? :P :P

I'm not sure why you'd think there'd be more guests for the amount of money being made? I can only assume you have no idea how much it costs to get a guest to appear, flights, hotel fees etc. I think it's a bit harsh making them out to be some kinda money grabbers when no one has any idea of the money that goes into running a show like this :D

As far as I know, the auctions are to raise money to put back into running future events, not charity ones. If some people have an issue with that, then fair enough, don't buy anything. But I personally don't have an issue with it - after all, they're a business, and often make losses on events. They're certainly not the HUGE profit makers some would believe.

I actually wondered if ME make any money, or whether they do it for the love of it... I used to run exhibitions for an old company and it was silly money running events like that! x

• Moderators

Oh it's a mixture of the two - I mean obviously as a business they realistically need to make money somewhere, but a good amount of shows run on losses. They're all fans themselves, and enjoy the same things as the attendees, so there are often guests they want to meet as much as we do lol

We can only imagine what it costs to get Twilight actors/actresses to a con at this point in time .. I mean, it's not like getting someone that was in a TV show years ago. This is practically the height of the Twilight success, so nothing's gonna be cheap I doubt :D

I can see why some people want the money or at least some of the money to charity :WINCE:

But then again the money will make up for the guest cost as said which must have been a LOT of money so what ever money is made it will hopefully go towards ET2 so i am not going to be complaining :YAHOO:

• Moderators

If there is more added, I can't imagine it'll be much more. There's certainly always a limited amount of stuff that gets auctioned off. They'd be there the whole weekend if they had enough for everyone :WINCE:

If there is more added, I can't imagine it'll be much more. There's certainly always a limited amount of stuff that gets auctioned off. They'd be there the whole weekend if they had enough for everyone :dance:

lol yeah you're right, but how bout the dealers room? will there be lots of items there or is it limited to? :YAHOO: