PARTY THEMES ANNOUNCED

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

We are delighted to announce that the party themes for Chevron 7.2 will be :

Friday Night - FIRST NIGHT ON ABYDOS

We're going back to the very first trip through the Gate to the sand covered planet of Abydos. Dress as a local, SG member or maybe we might even spot the odd Mastadge or 2!!!!!! :P

Saturday Night - CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN MILITARY BASE BALL

We all know how good those formal uniforms look, so dust them off and show your stuff! :P Of course, if your uniform happens to be at the dry cleaners, then just dress to impress!!! :P

Sunday Night - CHILL OUT PARTY

As the title says. Come, chill and be merry! :D

I hope they all look fun. Each party will have the room decorated accordingly so when you add yourselves in it will be just like the real thing! :P Any questions, post them here and I will get back to ya! :D

Mark :YAHOO:

Hi everyone,

We are delighted to announce that the party themes for Chevron 7.2 will be :

Friday Night - FIRST NIGHT ON ABYDOS

We're going back to the very first trip through the Gate to the sand covered planet of Abydos. Dress as a local, SG member or maybe we might even spot the odd Mastadge or 2!!!!!! :chair:

Saturday Night - CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN MILITARY BASE BALL

We all know how good those formal uniforms look, so dust them off and show your stuff! :chair: Of course, if your uniform happens to be at the dry cleaners, then just dress to impress!!! :chair:

Sunday Night - CHILL OUT PARTY

As the title says. Come, chill and be merry! :chair:

I hope they all look fun. Each party will have the room decorated accordingly so when you add yourselves in it will be just like the real thing! :P Any questions, post them here and I will get back to ya! :chair:

Mark :thumbup:

I was wondering if i could ask a favour of Showmasters and change the Friday party from first night on Abydos to Last night on Abydos so that the costume I've made for my friend could be used, i'm very proud of it and would love for her to have her photo taken in it as she's a bit camera shy.

It would be pretty much the same, just a couple of different characters available.

Please?

I would be ever so greatful. *begs*

Edited by Nixster

• Showmasters Admin

Hi Nixster,

Don't worry! Everyone is welcome on Abydos, no matter what you are wearing! :chair:

Seriously, it's cool to wear anything. The themes are just a guide, and as much as anything are an indication as to how we will dress the party. People can dress up anyway they want, and many people won't even dress up. That's cool too. :chair:

I, for one, look forward to seeing the costume you have made for your friend, and it will fit in just fine! :chair:

Anyone for a party? ! :thumbup:

Mark :chair:

Hi Nixster,

Don't worry! Everyone is welcome on Abydos, no matter what you are wearing! :chair:

Seriously, it's cool to wear anything. The themes are just a guide, and as much as anything are an indication as to how we will dress the party. People can dress up anyway they want, and many people won't even dress up. That's cool too. :chair:

I, for one, look forward to seeing the costume you have made for your friend, and it will fit in just fine! :chair:

Anyone for a party? ! :chair:

Mark :chair:

Thanks! but I think I'll leave my Ori costume at home this time and get the sewing kit out again, but I'll make sure she wears hers. :thumbup:

Hi guys, I'm a newbie to this forum, and also a newbie to conventions (but a HUGE SG and SGA fan nonetheless).

I intend to go to Chevron 7.2, so it will be my first event. However, me and my partner won't have outfits for the themed parties, and I wondered if this would be a problem, or be seen as 'improper'. Does everyone wear outfits, or is there a mix?

Thanks guys :D

I'd say usually half dress up and half don't roughly! So there's definitely always a mix, and you certainly won't feel out of place either way.

It's just a bit of fun for those who want to :D

Great! :P

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to dress up and really get into theme, but this will be my first convention, so no experience - yet!

I'd say usually half dress up and half don't roughly! So there's definitely always a mix, and you certainly won't feel out of place either way.

It's just a bit of fun for those who want to :YAHOO:

Great! :YAHOO:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to dress up and really get into theme, but this will be my first convention, so no experience - yet!

i won't be dressing up for the parties, but i fully intend to show my face at them this time around, so you won't be alone in not dressing up! :)

Wondered if anyone knew where i could get a small airforce style uniform? Can locate a skirt and a blue airforce shirt but the jacket is proving difficult. Dont really have time to make one but if i can get a small one i can alter it.

Its for a tall 9 year old who always dresses up so any help would me greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

The themes are only there as a guide really. People wear what they want, even if it doesn't fit exactly with it.

Indeed, no theme is stopping me wearing my wraith costume!

Well I now have my full wraith costume but the mask is incredibly hot so I suspect i will be wearing it for one hour at most before going back to my room to get changed. Any longer and I may pass out!

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first time that i'll be dressing up for a convention and just wanted to ask a question about the rules. Are you aloud to bring guns as part of your costume, i.e. as an sgc member? I saw some one last year dancing around with a P90 and just wanted to know if it is alright to bring a gun as part of my costume.