A few questions

Poppy

Please please point my in the right direction if I just haven't seen where the answers to these questions are....many apologies if they have been answered before - I have browsed and cannot see the answers though, so will just ask away and if they have been answered somewhere else would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction :thumbup:

This is the first con I am ever planning to go too......so have no idea what to expect... I have been to many signing events (collectormania etc) and have never planned to go to a con unless it was Potter.....but Twilight has well and truly changed my mind.... :YAHOO::D

1) Regarding what can be signed, I have seen lots of Twilight photos with the Twilight logo in the corner, would these be okay to get signed? If you can't get these signed, what can you get signed? Is anything provided photograph wise?

2) Can you still buy photo shoots if you do not have a silver or gold ticket? If so, how much are they? How likely is it you will get to have one? Can you buy them in advance?

3) I have heard you are called by number to the signings - so if they are signing both days - is there a chance if you have a higher number that you may have to wait to meet the guest on the second day? (I am asking this as not sure I will be able to attend for the whole weekend, may just try and go one day...is that plausible?)

4) How many normal tickets are there? Will we be informed when they are running low?

Sure I will have more questions later, but thats it for now.....as I said many apologies if the answers are in a blatantly obvious place :D Thanks :D

1. If the actors are happy to sign it, it can be signed. When you buy your autograph ticket, this includes a photo of the actor the ticket is for so they can sign it, but if you want to provide something yourself, that's fine too.

2. The photoshoot tickets will be available to all those attending the con. They should be available in advance, but will also be available at the con. Not sure on the prices yet, but I am sure the admin team can tell you when they have an idea.

3. RE Higher numbers called on the 2nd day, Yes, that is possible.

4. I think the maximum for attendance is around 800-1000, but again, I am sure the admin will correct me if this is innaccurate.

Hello!

I can't really help you that well with all your questions (sorry), but I suggest that you search http://www.massiveevents.co.uk/twilight/faq.php?autos if you haven't already regarding what you can get signed :YAHOO:

Also, as far as I know, I don't think there is limited a number of normal tickets as they are not stated to be limited like the Gold and Silver programmes are (I'm sure someone else will post later to confirm whether I'm right or wrong on that though). I may be wrong, but I'd say that you're pretty safe on being able to get a standard ticket for the event, it's usually only Gold and Silver ones that people worry about.

Thanks guys, thats a really big help - I appreciate it.....I wasn't sure about how the official/ non official merchandise stood at this event, so pleased I can choose my pictures and bring them with me! Thanks for your help :YAHOO:

One last question - its regarding the auction - for people that have been to these kind of events before (cons) what kind of stuff is usually up for bid on the auctions? Thanks :YAHOO::YAHOO:

Edited by Poppy

Thanks guys, thats a really big help - I appreciate it.....I wasn't sure about how the official/ non official merchandise stood at this event, so pleased I can choose my pictures and bring them with me! Thanks for your help :thumbup:

Obviously standard tickets are limited (I mean, they couldn't sell 10,000 of them), but in reality that limit is rarely reached (I think one of the four or five ME conventions to date has sold out); in any case, Jola usually posts when Gold or Silver tickets are getting in short supply, and I guess that if this looks in danger of selling out completely she'll also warn of when the supply of Standard tickets is dropping low.

As for the photoshoots, I think they're usually £10, maybe £15 for any bigger guests?

One last question - its regarding the auction - for people that have been to these kind of events before (cons) what kind of stuff is usually up for bid on the auctions? Thanks :D:P

Here's a list of stuff that was to be auctioned at the first Eclipse (Heroes) convention

Eclipse Auction announcement post and here's a list from the recent Hub (Torchwood) convention Hub Auction announcement post

Perhaps folks who have been to other ME conventions will be able to say if these lists are generally representative, or if the content is more variable.

• Showmasters Admin

1) Regarding what can be signed, I have seen lots of Twilight photos with the Twilight logo in the corner, would these be okay to get signed? If you can't get these signed, what can you get signed? Is anything provided photograph wise?

We don't limit what can be signed. IF the guest is happy to sign it then we are too.

You will get one free picture of each guest attending to get signed should you not have someothing of your own.

2) Can you still buy photo shoots if you do not have a silver or gold ticket? If so, how much are they? How likely is it you will get to have one? Can you buy them in advance?

Yes you can buy photo shoots. They usualy go on sale in the online shop. We have not sold out for anyone yet. They will be either £10 or £15.

3) I have heard you are called by number to the signings - so if they are signing both days - is there a chance if you have a higher number that you may have to wait to meet the guest on the second day? (I am asking this as not sure I will be able to attend for the whole weekend, may just try and go one day...is that plausible?)

Everyone is split into groups of 30 and those groups are called in for autographs. They are not called in numerical ticket order. They are called in an order so that you should be called for half your autographs on Saturday and half on Sunday.

4) How many normal tickets are there? Will we be informed when they are running low?

There are normally 550 regular tickets. Jola will post if they are getting close to selling out.

• Showmasters Admin

I have a question: does the dealers room is an auction or is it two different things ? Thankies : D

2 different things.

The auction is an auction. i.e. It's on for about 30 minutes and various items are put up for peolple to bid on.

The dealer room is there the whole weekend and has dealers in it. They sell things from pictures to comics, from t-shirts to mugs.