Help needed

abi1000

right folks i need your creativity -well within reason!!

i really want to come to this, but registration friday is the last day of one of my teaching placements, so i need to think of a reason why i can't go to it, and why i then get on a train at 9am to be in northampton for about 5!!

so anyone creative enough to make it look normal??

plus i need to think of a plausible reason soon so i can book hotel rooms etc

Oh yeah, I am also skipping school Thursday (my flights at 1), Friday and Monday :D I'm not giving an excuse, just bringing in an absent note. Of cousre I'm telling my friends where I'm going, but not like the teachers. In fact, I don't think they'd care much.

I'm skipping school on friday and monday for this con, too ;)

I'm just telling my school I'm sick and try to get my doctor to write me a note :D

That's all right so long as nobody sees you. There was somebody at my company who called in sick to her boss one Friday. Three hours later, as she was getting off the train and walking up the platform in another city a couple of hundred miles away, she bumped into her boss's boss.

She doesn't work for us any more...

I'm skipping school on friday and monday for this con, too ;)

I'm just telling my school I'm sick and try to get my doctor to write me a note :D

That's all right so long as nobody sees you. There was somebody at my company who called in sick to her boss one Friday. Three hours later, as she was getting off the train and walking up the platform in another city a couple of hundred miles away, she bumped into her boss's boss.

She doesn't work for us any more...

That's so unlucky, thats why I don't like to lie when I take time off! I always worry that I'll get caught :D

I'd agree with what someone else said is keep it as close to the truth as possible so if you are seen somewhere people can't question. I think your best bet is to say you have a wedding Friday evening in Northampton, it's a reason to go during the day to be somewhere by 5 and if you get caught in transit your headed to Northampton and going to a hotel. Your only problem will be if they turn up to the convention too, but then they will probably keep your secret :)

I absolutely agree with everyone who says keep it as close to the truth as possible. Luckily I don't have to lie because I'll be out of work and driving there in the afternoon.

I'd be inclined not to say a wedding because someone might ask to see photos. But if you say it's an importany family birthday....like great auntie Mabels 100th birthday you might be better. Then you can show random pics of US....by the way, I will not stand in as G-A Mabel :dance:

The easiest way to go is to say it's a family appointment. Don't say anything more. But look like a little puppy with sad eyes, they gonna imagine the worse : D

Definitely the best option. The more detail you give the more likely you are to mess it up or get lots of questions. If it's a male teacher you have to talk to, then the trump card is always something mumbled about a "female health issue" - they won't ask for details. Thinking about the level of estrogen that's going to be bubbling at the sight of the Twilight boys, I wouldn't even class that as a lie :D

Edited by timpe