Just bought my ticket....

dr_is_in

So excited! :unsure:

Coming from the US (NY to be exact)....anyone else coming from this side of the pond?

And I think I did the purchase thing right....I got a confirmation email, so....

Hey another US east coaster! I'm coming from Philadelphia, although I might actually be flying out of Newark instead.

So excited! ;)

Coming from the US (NY to be exact)....anyone else coming from this side of the pond?

And I think I did the purchase thing right....I got a confirmation email, so....

Hey another US east coaster! I'm coming from Philadelphia, although I might actually be flying out of Newark instead.

You're not kerryblaze over on LJ, are you? LOL

You're not kerryblaze over on LJ, are you? LOL

Nope, I'm pretty much mirnell all over, including lj.

I know she's on the east coast too, and flying out of Newark. I was going to fly out of NYC, but after figuring the cost of cab from the bus station to the airport down there, its the same price for me to spend the extra money and fly out Syracuse. That and I can get my mom or aunt to drive me up to Syracuse and not have to worry about taking a bus to NYC and getting across town to the airport.

My Big Sis *might* be getting herself an early birthday present and coming over from NY but won't know until Christmas time... if she is coming she'd be very happy to try and organise travelling with people as it'll take her mind off the flight (she hates flying!)

My Big Sis *might* be getting herself an early birthday present and coming over from NY but won't know until Christmas time... if she is coming she'd be very happy to try and organise travelling with people as it'll take her mind off the flight (she hates flying!)

I'd be happy to have a travel companion.....I've never flown before and am terrified of it.

I'd be happy to have a travel companion.....I've never flown before and am terrified of it.

When are you planning on flying out? I haven't actually booked my flight yet, I've been trying to decide whether I can afford a few extra days to play tourist! This will be my first time in England, and I can't justify being there, and not actually seeing anything. Even if flying together wouldn't work, I would love to meet up with people, if anyone else is going early.

When are you planning on flying out? I haven't actually booked my flight yet, I've been trying to decide whether I can afford a few extra days to play tourist! This will be my first time in England, and I can't justify being there, and not actually seeing anything. Even if flying together wouldn't work, I would love to meet up with people, if anyone else is going early.

Planning on flying out Wednesday night from Syracuse for the overnight flight (middle of the week and overnight is cheaper). Would get into London about 7am Thursday. Planned on taking the train or something from London to Northampton.

I am spending a few days past convention with a friend in East Sussex, which will include a day of sightseeing in London (and seeing Burn in Oliver! that night).

Planning on flying out Wednesday night from Syracuse for the overnight flight (middle of the week and overnight is cheaper).

I'd recommend the overnight flight - it tends to negate the jetlag effect a great deal as you leave at night and arrive in the morning so your bodyclock doesn't get disrupted too much. Even if you don't manage to sleep on the plane it tends to feel more like pulling an all-nighter rather than the feeling of not knowing which way is up that you sometimes get with major jetlag.

Edited by vamperstein

I just got my ticket for the hub. I'm flying out of Syracuse as well...well, when I finally get around to getting my plane tickets that is. At least if the weather isn't great I don't have a far drive to the airport...only about 20 mins away from where I am. :)

Where are you coming from? I am down near Binghamton...

Hey! Awesome! It'll be good to see you again.

I was the Jack in your Something Borrowed cosplay group at Dragon*Con.

:YAHOO: Hello! Will be great to see you again.....I may resurrect Nostrovite Brenda for The Hub....depending on the parties they throw.