Collectormania Midlands 3 "NEW DATE" "NEW DATE

showmasters

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what happened to my earlier post but is this a good idea to have it the same weekend as the other major show at the NEC? WOn't it split the customers/ dealers?

Any information that you put on here that can be easily used to find a competitors event will be removed. Dates, locations and especially the name can all be typed into Google easily and can lead you to the competitors site. This forum is for Showmasters events. Anything that mentions competitors is in breach of the forum regulations set by Showmasters, so that's why your post would've disappeared.

I can understand that SM wont allow the competition to be discussed. That is fair enough on the SM forum but the original point of "WON'T IT ASPLIT THE CUSTOMERS/DEALERS" is a valid one.

I have spoken to several dealers recently who have said that they can not afford to be at the Hilton instead of the NEC.

I went to the place that cannot be named yesterday (sorry!). It was really busy. I also went to Collectormania Midlands, which wasn't. If dealers are going to have to make a choice they are, after these past two shows, not gonna pick CM3.

Something has to give and someone has to make a brave decision - either way.......

Something has to give and someone has to make a brave decision - either way.......

Since it's in a hotel the collectomania could be run like a Autographica, and not even try to compete on stands.

I have to admit I've always been along to this sort of event for the autographs rather than stands (rarely spend much on stands) but that might change after yesterday; it took ages to get around all of them and I bought a few bargains!

• Moderators

I'm not really sure there's any good place for the dealers to go - I mean realistically, if attendees are wanting autographs from more than one event, they might not have any money to spend on stalls wherever they may be.

I guess we can only wait and see.

Hi

We as dealers did great at the Midlands show, I know it all depends on what you sell, speaking to our dealer friends at the "other" show some say they didnt take hardly anything so I guess its swings and roundabouts.

Im all for healthy competition, like DavidB said we will just have to wait and see.

Lynn

• 1 month later...