What did you think of the talks?

nicky

I went to a few and enjoyed them mostly.

The Star Wars one was funny but was wondering if the two guys on either end were drunk? It was funny when the family got up and left shortly after the guy in pink was going on about his "boyfreind". :P But I kinda felt sorry for the Dutch fans when the panel started talking in Dutch accents to mimic them. Shame Kenny Baker wasn't there - I hear he doesnt like doing them?

Dirk's talk on Saturday was a bit disappointing - I thought it would be striaght Qs and As but he went on and just talked for ages and left the Qs for the last 5 mins. I think he said he didnt like Qs cos he didnt like surprises or the unknown. Was he like that on Sun too? Someone else asked the Q I wanted to ask anyway about his choices for the A Team movie.

Paul McGann talk was pretty good. No Withnail Qs though.

The Bond talk was quite nice but Tom So seemed to feel a bit left out it seemed being the only bloke. He seemed quite quiet and less boistrous than the 3 girls.

The Aliens talk was pretty good considering it was only 3 of them there and it was only 3 questions - they made them last! And Ian's story about Greg Strausse falling asleep in the chair when he was meant to be directing the movie was very intersting - I wanted to say, "God, no wonder the movie turned out such a let-down. The director was asleep!" Who was the crew member girl that gave me the mic? She seemed to know from the start that I'd ask something, just wondering how she knew that or who she was on the forum? It's always creepy when people you dont know, know who you are :wub:

Edited by nicky

I only caught Dirks talk Saturdy as I was manning the talk area for it. I found his talk very interesting, especially when he went on about the lack of link between cancer and second hand smoke and the REAL reason Melinda Culea was axed from the A-Team

the REAL reason Melinda Culea was axed from the A-Team

Yeah, I thought that was the best part of his talk. I dont think it was something exposed in Bring Back unlike the way Peppard used Dirk to "translate" when communicating with T.

Edited by nicky

The Aliens talk was pretty good considering it was only 3 of them there and it was only 3 questions - they made them last! Who was the crew member girl that gave me the mic? She seemed to know from the start that I'd ask something, just wondering how she knew that or who she was on the forum? It's always creepy when people you dont know, know who you are :wub:

From "Operating Manual For SM Crew Involved In Guest Talks (fourth edition)" : -

"When the Q & A session begins, immediately hand the microphone to Nicky for the first question. This is especially important if the guests giving the talk have any link with the "Aliens" franchise. Once Nicky has either a ) completed his question and the guest has responded, or b ) indicated that he has no questions at this time, the microphone can then be passed to the general public.

Please be certain that you can recognize Nicky before the talk begins. If in doubt, contact Stuart or any other crew member to view a gallery of 8 x 10s. For added security please upload a copy to your mobile phone."

The only problem for me was Dirk Benedicts microphone problems.

Yeah, that was annoying that it kept on packing-up, I think he was starting to get pissed off too about it. So were the PA anouncements but I guess they cant be helped.

Edited by nicky

Who was the crew member girl that gave me the mic? She seemed to know from the start that I'd ask something, just wondering how she knew that or who she was on the forum?

It was Christa AKA Big Pants... We all know that you, like a few others, will ask intelligent questions with will generally have a good response from the guests, and get the ball rolling. that's why she pounced on you!

Edited by Princess Hannah

The only problem for me was Dirk Benedicts microphone problems.

Yeah, that was annoying that it kept on packing-up. So were the PA anouncements but I guess they cant be helped.

I think you may have misunderstood my post

the bits where you could hear were the problem for myself

All i got was Dirk hates the smoking ban,Peppard was a **** and Dirk hates the smoking ban.

Is it true he lit a cigar in the arena ?

Judging by the pace of the talk methinks Dirk likes smoking more than just the old cigars.

Edited by vintageSW77

It was Christa AKA Big Pants...

Ah yes, I thought so but want sure as I cant think where she may have seen a pic of me or maybe we met before? I think she was at Ian Whyte's desk too.

Edited by nicky

I went to two talks on the Saturday and enjoyed them both, despite the problems that they had with the microphones cutting out.

Paul McGann introduced himself and was into Q & As almost immediately. He seemed comfortable and it was interesting to hear about his experiences when he worked with his brothers.

Dirk Benedict did talk for a while at the beginning but I got the impression that he was a little bit uncomfortable up there on his own and was not at all happy that Dwight had cancelled. He did say that he didn't like the Qs but I'm not sure how serious he was about that. I enjoyed the bit at the beginning more than the actual Q and As. However, that's probably because I never really watched The A-Team and only wanted to see him because I read his books.

That's my thoughts anyway.

I only caught Dirks talk Saturdy as I was manning the talk area for it. I found his talk very interesting, especially when he went on about the lack of link between cancer and second hand smoke

I thought it was really bad of him to say that, especially as some of those in the talk may have lost people close to them for that reason.

I only caught Dirks talk Saturdy as I was manning the talk area for it. I found his talk very interesting, especially when he went on about the lack of link between cancer and second hand smoke

I thought it was really bad of him to say that, especially as some of those in the talk may have lost people close to them for that reason.

But if that's his opinion, why shouldn't be allowed to say it? He clearly enjoys his cigars, he was posing in the photoshoot with one.

But if that's his opinion, why shouldn't be allowed to say it? He clearly enjoys his cigars, he was posing in the photoshoot with one.

Well thats my opinion.

It was Christa AKA Big Pants... We all know that you, like a few others, will ask intelligent questions with will generally have a good response from the guests, and get the ball rolling. that's why she pounced on you!

It wasnt just her though, even Valerie Colgan sitting on the stage pounced on me asking if I had more questions a couple of times. :D