Final schedule...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the official site, on the programme admissions page, under the 'silver programme':

""1 photo shoot with each guest (taking part in a photo session)""

This means that if the guest isn't down for a photo session neither gold or silver ticket holders will get a solo photo with them... am I right?

Showmasters have just confirmed in a post above:

Silver pass holders get 1 free photo session with each of the guests

As the Gold Ticket holders get all that the Silver Ticket holders get (and more), it stands to reason that Gold Ticket holders will also get a photo session with each of the guests.

In all honesty, I think you have misunderstood... it clearly states we get photoshoots only with guests taking part in a photo sessions, not all guests (unless its the group one for the gold ticket holders). I might be wrong though, I'm just going to wait til Showmasters clears this up :)

I've asked this question many a time - I understand that silver ticket holders get one photo shoot with each guest therefore 10 photos in all. Can someone confirm?

I was wondering this as well. All the guests, including the surprise guests are taking part in a photo shoot, so even if one of those sessions is a group, I thought I would be getting a photo with each guest. The website states that you will get a photo with each guest taking part in a photo session and all guests are in the group, so silver and gold ticket holders should get an individual photo with all guests (and gold obviously get the group as well).

Can someone just confirm if this is correct?

Nope you get one photo session free with each guest that is actually taking part in an individual photo session.

So there may be people in the group shoot who aren't taking part in individual photo sessions and you aren't therefore entitled to have a photo individually with them.

But my inner lawyer concedes that Showmasters terms and conditions could do with a little work - these questions tend to pop up a lot at the events - the terms need to be absolutely crystal clear with no room for interpretation - protects you and us that way!

Nope you get one photo session free with each guest that is actually taking part in an individual photo session.

So there may be people in the group shoot who aren't taking part in individual photo sessions and you aren't therefore entitled to have a photo individually with them.

But my inner lawyer concedes that Showmasters terms and conditions could do with a little work - these questions tend to pop up a lot at the events - the terms need to be absolutely crystal clear with no room for interpretation - protects you and us that way!

I agree - it does need clearing up a little and probably should be done for the next event. This event however does state that silver ticket holders are entitled to one photo with each guest taking part in a photo session and all guests are taking part in a photo session and it does not state anywhere that these photo sessions have to be individual.

I assumed that I would be getting a photo with each guest as they are all taking part in a photo session, and that's what I paid for when I booked my silver ticket - if I thought I was not getting a photo with each guest I would have got a standard ticket instead - I do hope I will be getting what I paid for when I attend this event as its not the ticket holders fault if the terms and conditions are not worded correctly.

I agree - it does need clearing up a little and probably should be done for the next event. This event however does state that silver ticket holders are entitled to one photo with each guest taking part in a photo session and all guests are taking part in a photo session and it does not state anywhere that these photo sessions have to be individual.

I assumed that I would be getting a photo with each guest as they are all taking part in a photo session, and that's what I paid for when I booked my silver ticket - if I thought I was not getting a photo with each guest I would have got a standard ticket instead - I do hope I will be getting what I paid for when I attend this event as its not the ticket holders fault if the terms and conditions are not worded correctly.

I am under the same impression which is why I didnt pay for separate photoshoots!

If a guest is not down to do an individual shoot then I am not sure why anyone would expect one.

The group photo is completely different .

I am sure SM will clarify matters but the schedule has the list of those taking part in photo shoots.

I am under the same impression which is why I didnt pay for separate photoshoots!

But as a silver or gold ticket holder you will be getting all the individual shoots that are on offer. It is only the gold group shot which the silver ticket holders will not get.

So there are no separate photo shoots for you to purchase that don't come with your gold or silver ticket.

But as a silver or gold ticket holder you will be getting all the individual shoots that are on offer. It is only the gold group shot which the silver ticket holders will not get.

So there are no separate photo shoots for you to purchase that don't come with your gold or silver ticket.

Thats how it seems to me too

If a guest is not down to do an individual shoot then I am not sure why anyone would expect one.

The group photo is completely different .

I am sure SM will clarify matters but the schedule has the list of those taking part in photo shoots.

The website doesn't say they have to be down to do a individual photo shoot, it just says they have to be doing a photo shoot - and al guests are doing the group. The group is a photo shoot and as such, under the terms on the website, means silver and gold ticket holders should get photos with all guests who will be in that group photo....

I just think if they aint down for an individual photo session, how could they do one?

I think everyone is trying to get round the wording , which in one way I can understand but on the other hand, if a guest isnt doing a single shoot then how can anyone expect it?

I am sure Jason will clarify matters but i just hope people will accept his answer .

The website doesn't say they have to be down to do a individual photo shoot, it just says they have to be doing a photo shoot - and al guests are doing the group. The group is a photo shoot and as such, under the terms on the website, means silver and gold ticket holders should get photos with all guests who will be in that group photo....

Where there is a degree of ambiguity you tend to look at the intent of the sections concerned -and it is clear that the group photo shoot is for the gold ticket holders only. That is expressly stated and there is no ambiguity as to whether it also applies to the silver ticket holders - it doesn't.

The silver ticket allows you one photo session for each guest taking part in photo sessions - granted the word indiviual has been omitted but that doesn't mean that you can reasonably infer that this therefore includes the group photo session when that is stipulated to be exclusive to the gold ticket holders only.

• Moderators

Indeed - as a Silver Ticket holder for another convention, I purchased knowing I would get 1 of each single photo shoot that they put on, and no group one. I'm pretty sure most people see that.

This convention does have a lot more guests than most of the others, therefore I'm not surprised there's not a photo shoot with every guest. Of course that can change.

Where there is a degree of ambiguity you tend to look at the intent of the sections concerned -and it is clear that the group photo shoot is for the gold ticket holders only. That is expressly stated and there is no ambiguity as to whether it also applies to the silver ticket holders - it doesn't.

The silver ticket allows you one photo session for each guest taking part in photo sessions - granted the word indiviual has been omitted but that doesn't mean that you can reasonably infer that this therefore includes the group photo session when that is stipulated to be exclusive to the gold ticket holders only.

oooooo you word that well :YAHOO:

I do not think Faithsangel meant that Silver Ticket holders were entitled to have a group photo themselves.

I read their post to mean that Silver Ticker holders are entitled to an invididual photo with any guests who will ALSO be present in the group photo session. Tbis is because the website states that Silver Ticket holders will get one photo with each guest taking part in a photo sesion, and as all guests are in the group photo it means they will be taking part in some sort of photo session, therefore (under the terms on the website) qualifying Silver Ticket holders to have a photo with them.

Also, Showmasters did confirm at the beginning of this thread that Silver Ticket holders will get a free photo with all guests. They did not state that Richard, Ian and the surprise guests were exempt; they stated ALL guests.

My question is when will the photo shoots with Ian, Richard and the surprise guests be taking place?

I do not think Faithsangel meant that Silver Ticket holders were entitled to have a group photo themselves.

I read their post to mean that Silver Ticker holders are entitled to an invididual photo with any guests who will ALSO be present in the group photo session. Tbis is because the website states that Silver Ticket holders will get one photo with each guest taking part in a photo sesion, and as all guests are in the group photo it means they will be taking part in some sort of photo session, therefore (under the terms on the website) qualifying Silver Ticket holders to have a photo with them.

Also, Showmasters did confirm at the beginning of this thread that Silver Ticket holders will get a free photo with all guests. They did not state that Richard, Ian and the surprise guests were exempt; they stated ALL guests.

My question is when will the photo shoots with Ian, Richard and the surprise guests be taking place?

Unless the schedule is changed or SM say otherwise, I think its safe to assume not every guest is doing a single photoshoot, so no single shoot would mean noone gets one

• Moderators

Photo A and B are two separate photo areas, each with their own photographer.

As the sessions will be divided by number, it means they can run at the same time with different guests and different attendees.

It'll all be explained in full at the con itself.

• Showmasters Admin

not every guest is doing a single photo shoots

every silver ticket holders will get one photo shoot form every guest taking part in a single photo shoots

we have 6 single photo shoots so you will get 6 photo with 6 guests

i hope this clears this up

as to the gold pass ticket holders they will get 6 photos shoots with 6 guests and 1 group shot with the guests taking part in the group shot shoot

i hope this clears it up for every one

see you all there

jason :smile:

"shot shoot"what dose this all mean ? :dance: it will be all over soon :smile:

Why aren't all the guests taking part in individual photo sessions? It is possible to do with that number of guests, the schedule just has to take it into account.

I can imagine that some standard as well as silver ticket holders will want a photo with a someone who you currently don't have an individual session for.

I hope that it gets worked out peacefully before the weekend or it may prove to be a problem and spoil the convention for some people.

I think Jason has put it clearly on here and has answered about the group shot under that thread.

You are right he has answered the question, unfortunately it appears to be in contradiction of the terms of the silver ticket. Bad wording, but that's not the ticket holders fault and they shouldn't be feeling they aren't getting what they thought they were paying for.

not every guest is doing a single photo shoots

every silver ticket holders will get one photo shoot form every guest taking part in a single photo shoots

we have 6 single photo shoots so you will get 6 photo with 6 guests

i hope this clears this up

as to the gold pass ticket holders they will get 6 photos shoots with 6 guests and 1 group shot with the guests taking part in the group shot shoot

i hope this clears it up for every one

see you all there

jason :smile:

"shot shoot"what dose this all mean ? :dance: it will be all over soon :smile:

The website states that when you buy a silver ticket, you get a photo with each guest doing a photo shoot - but you are now saying that this is not the case and only applies to the guests doing single photo shoots.

Also - on the first page of this thread Showmasters posted that silver ticket holders would get a photo with all guests - once again no mention that this had to be in an individual shoot.

Don't you think this is a bit unfair to people who bought a silver ticket, under the impression they would get a photo with each guest doing a photo shoot as it wasn't mentioned anywhere that this had to be an individual shot?