Christopher Lee is NOT in ROTK!!!!!!!!

vamps!

Christopher Lee was on This Morning today, he announced as has already been announced on the internet that he nor Bard Dourif will be in ROTK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neither will he be attending the premiere for ROTK. Due to signing a confidentiallity contract, he cannot say why he was cut out of the film, despite having filmed some scenes. He said that he was disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!

I too am VERY disappointed, how can they not have him in that film!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what do you guys think?

Vamps

xXx

Christopher Lee was on This Morning today, he announced as has already been announced on the internet that he nor Bard Dourif will be in ROTK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neither will he be attending the premiere for ROTK.  Due to signing a confidentiallity contract, he cannot say why he was cut out of the film, despite having filmed some scenes.  He said that he was disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!

I too am VERY disappointed, how can they not have him in that film!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what do you guys think?

Vamps

xXx

I managed to rouse myself from my sick bed (I still have the rotten stinking flu!!!! I blame those nasty hobbitses with their sore throats!!!) to see Sir Christopher on This Morning.

I was stunned by what he said, as I think both presenters were. He seemed awkward and somewhat agitated throughout the interview, and that is not surprising because he must have known the ROTK non-appearance would be raised.

It must be said Saruman appears only briefly in TTT, although hopefully we shall see a little more of him and Grima in the extended edition in a few days' time.

However, I am quite upset by the prospect of no Saruman or Wormtongue in ROTK. I think Brad Dourif is superb and his performance in TTT is brilliant.

As Sir Christopher said, both he and Brad filmed scenes for ROTK. Those who do not know the story well may overlook these two missing characters.

The cinema edition of FOTR fails to explain the significance of the Elven cloaks and daggers, and Sam's rope too - something only made clear in the 4-disc DVD release.

We Saruman and Wormtongue fans can only hope that a similar thing happens when the extended edition of ROTK is released.

It will be interesting to see what excuses or reasons are trotted out about this in the coming weeks.

It goes without saying that ROTK is going to be a wonderful and very moving experience, but it is sad that two significant characters will be missing on the big screen.

Hmm... :rolleyes:

Edited by Hobbit_of_Dorsetshire

Found this on Dark Horizons website :

LOTR: Return of the King: Peter Jackson gave an in-depth update on the progress of the third "Lord of the Rings" film this weekend over at Aint it Cool News, mostly talk surrounding word that the characters of Saruman (Christopher Lee) and Grima Wormtounge (Brad Dourif) would not be returning even though a lengthy seven-minute scene involving the two and wrapping up events at Isengard was shot. In Jackson's own words: "When we viewed various ROTK cuts over the last few weeks, it feels like the first scenes are wrapping last year's movie, instead of starting the new one since Saruman plays no role in the events of ROTK. We reluctantly made the decision to save this sequence for the DVD. The choice was made on the basis that most people will assume that Saruman was vanquished by the Helm's Deep events, and Ent attack. We can now crack straight into setting up the narrative tension of ROTK, which features Sauron as the villian...The Saruman sequence will definately be a highlight of the Extended ROTK DVD". The article also would seem to indicate that "Return of the King" will clock in at almost three-and-a-quarter hours long, down from the early rough cut of over four hours (much of that will no doubt turn up on the Extended ROTK DVD). Meanwhile there's an exclusive 'first listen' to parts of the soundtrack for the third movie now online over at Soundtrack.Net. Thanks to 'Dan' & 'JHBlade'.

:rolleyes:

First of all I gotta say that I didn't 100%ly like any of the cinematrical versions neither of FOTR nor of TTT. Of course I thought they were brilliant, but there was always something missing to me. And these elements PJ gave me back through the extended version of FOTR and I'm sure he's gonna do the same with the extended version of TTT. It's just that the cinematrical versions kinda lack of depth. While (the cinematrical version of) FOTR still has some quieter, more character specified moments, TTT doesn't really. Clearly, TTT is the middle bock of the story...and quite honestly I didn't really like to read it as much as I liked to read FOTR and ROTK, but still I think there's more to it than the battle of helms deep. In my opinion PJ does a great job with the extended versions, because it gives the real fans back what they missed in the movies.

Well, what I want to say by this is, that to me only the extended versions are the real movies. So if Saruman and Wormtongue don't appear in the cinematrical version of ROTK it's definitely a shame...mostly for the brilliant acting of Christopher Lee and Brad Dourif, but to me it's just not the real deal. The extended version of ROTK is gonna be the real thing and as long as Saruman and Wormtongue are gonna be on that one I'm fine with the decision PJ made.

Still I think that it's a bit unfair for both the actors and the audience..'cause I'm pretty sure, that not everyone - which means the people who didn't read the books - will understand what happened to Saruman and Wormtongue immediately.

Well, all this is just my opinion, though! :)

Hugs,

Nyah

I am gutted... ROTK without Saruman and Wormtounge - thats just not right. :P I saw Christopher Lee on Richard & Judy the other week and he was saying about how he was only in this one scene in ROTK but how important the scene is to the film (which you'll know if you've read the book).

It's probably been cut to make room for the Arwen/Aragorn love story :D:P:D

I was gutted when I heard the news! & I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I don't think this will, but it'll make sense to people who've read the books, how the hell are they going to explain Pippin looking in the Palantir? How's he going to get it? At the end of the day, I have faith in Peter & I'm sure he'll make the story work well without Saruman & Wormtongue, but something that makes me very annoyed is that Christopher Lee is such a huge fan of the books, he really must be devastated, especially as he was always keen for the films to stay as closely to the books as possible. & if the film is already going to be 3 hours 15 mins long, in all honesty, what's another 7 mins?

Oh, & it's probably too late now, but I heard that there is a petition online somewhere to keep the guys in the film, does anyone have a link?

Edited by Merry Madam

well im dissappointed but i can see what peter is saying i suppose. still... if he had but the end of book 2 at the end of film 2 instaed of the beginning of film 3 maybe things would be different... hmm??? i dunno. im still looking forward to it though. infact i cant wait. the trailer is amazing!!! so sad though. if im welling up at that i hate to think what im going to do in the film.