Rant about an online shop!

Lizzy

*long ranty post warning lol*

Ok, so years ago I went on ebay and ordered some clip in hair extensions. Before some of you moan about extensions a la Britney etc, I used to have bum length hair. Then it started to get too hard to handle as it was curly, and I had it cut shoulder length and straighten it. But I was missing it long, and because I straighten it (Scottish, irish and italian genes= auburn afro!) so much, it is sooo slow at growing, but if I leave it curly it goes too knotty. Catch 22!

So yea, I got the extensions to wear on special occasions. At that time, I had my hair layered with my natural hair colour the layered bit, and black underneath. So I got thick black extensions, and thin brown.

Aaanyway, My hair had just about grown the same length as the extensions so I hardly use them now- and I don't have the black any more. But I recently had a bit more than usual cut off so the layers aren't as obv. So I thought till it grows back I'd go online and get the thick ones but in brown for special occasions- like my 21st last week.

I knew they'd closed the ebay store, but had an online shop. I took a look, found what I wanted. I emailed to check they were the same people, and I got a reply back. All good so far, so I ordered with my preferred paypal and got 30% off- great! And this was mid June.

I emailed a few days later to ask when I'd get them, and the same guy (boss) said it'd take 14 days (Website said 10) But still, that'd get to me by my bday.

After 2 weeks, and a few days before my bday I emailed to say I hadn't heard back. Nothing.

On my bday, I got a "your order is in process", "you order has been invoiced" and "your order has been confirmed" emails. Fair enough, these things can take time. But nothing to say it had been dispatched.

End of last week I sent a 2nd email, then a 3rd, and then on monday (3 week mark) I said a 4th email saying "wtf" basically lol. Not too worried as I know paypal disputes work with refunds. But I'd rather like the extensions!

I then phoned the contact number today- doesn't exist. Then paypal number- doesn't exist. Then, through the magic of my internet skills, I found a side website of theirs and that number worked. So a girl on the phoned seemed to know the other numbers didn't work and said boss man wasn't in. I said they had the rest of today to call me back, or I'd contact paypal.

Funnily enough, I got an email 5 mins later to say my order was "closed". Huh?

Then a phone call.

Imagine in Family Guy, that bottom tooth posh guy and his kid. Imagine how they'd talk without the speech impediment. And thats how this guy sounded.

He insisted n calling me Isobel (?!?!) and I said, no, its ELIZABETH.... "well, thats not what it says on your account"... "Um, yes it is!" Great start...

He then tells me they were posted on the day I ordered them. I reminded him he personally emailed me a few days later to say he checked on my order and they hadn't been sent yet. I also said, why would I get that load of emails 2 weeks later if they'd already been sent? He tells me hes sending another lot and I'll get them in the next few days.

I told him if I don't, I will call back and deff be contacting paypal. So we'll see what happens! No comment to me saying the numbers don't work also..

Oh, and he never got my emails. But I got an auto response to say they were received. "Um...um..."

So he was obv lying his way out of that whole phone call. And if I don't hear anything in the next few days... Say by the weekend, I will be raising hell on Monday!

If I don't hear anything, I will post the name of the company on here, as I know google spiders like to stick SM threads at the top of searches lol. But for now I will wait incase they see this thread containing their name. We'll see on Monday I guess!! I will name and shame if I hear nothing :WINCE:

...Ok, I just needed to let that out and tell someone lol. I'm sure we've all had bad experiences, I've had many more! Anyone wana share?

Wow. :WINCE:

Just to warn you: you only have 45 days to file a Paypal dispute. That deadline seems to be getting awfully close here. And seeing how "cooperative" those guys are, I'd definitely contact Paypal. If the number they have registered with them doesn't work, that's (as far as I know) reason for account suspension.

Yea, its been 21 days (thats 3 weeks right?? lol) So I have a bit of time yet to open it- as I said, I'll wait till monday, which is 28 days... and I'll wait till Monday about the phone number too- see if they actually update it. I'd rather have my money/ or extensions before I do that lol... But I WILL contact paypal about the number anyway, incase this happens to someone else.

Edited by Lizzy

A word of warning - I opened a dispute with PayPal in similar circumstances (website disappeared, paypal account gone yada yada) and, because the PayPal seller's account had gone they would only refund me part of the value due to lack of funds in the account. I lost about £15 in all, which isn't funny when they send the wrong item in the first place! :P

So get this... I phoned today:

"I sent them personally friday"

"1st or 2nd class?"

"oh always 1st"

"So why haven't I got them yet??"

"Oh no I posted them recorded and have a tracking number, I'll just get it and call you back..."

An hour later, nothing of course. Could it be he has no tracking number as he hasn't posted them? So my Step dad get angry when I tell him the story, and phones up.

He gets the same response, with an added "the system is currently down".. but he noted that this guy didn't have the same posh voice, he seemed rather worried lol... my step dad is a strict buisnessman, no crossing him lol

Funnily enough, 10 mins later I get a paypal refund (not yet requested!) With a note saying "System is still down, will chase up the tracking number later today, here is a refund for the inconvenience"...

But no further call or email...

Bit of a bummer! Glad to get a refund (Yea, after the older man talks, funny that :WINCE: ) but I really wanted the extensions lol!! I may email him again tomorrow to follow up the "number" so we'll see how that goes.

No item by the end of the week and the shop name is getting stuck on here for google spiders to do their work!

The awful thing is, the woman who dealt with me on ebay years ago- I did an internet search and she is the founder of the company, and the linking modelling website... but paypal and the receptionist say he is the boss... so I'm not 100% on that. Unfortunately I can't find a personal email addy for her to let her know- if I email/ phone the general number I'll just get him again.

Edited by Lizzy

GODDESS HAIR UK (www.goddesshair.co.uk) / DIVINITY MODEL MANAGEMENT ... stay away!!!

Nope, no reply- me naming n shaming now lol. I feel sorry for anyone who unwittingly buys from them... or worse, turns up at one of the model castings and deals with him!! In my opinion its not safe at all, but what can I do now? I contacted paypal, but they totally didn't read my email properly n gave advice about a dispute- but I asked about the fake number lol...

Funnily enough, I contacted a random seller on ebay and they've got me the exact same extensions, only £1 more than I paid before which is cooool. BUT I've been told from Goddess hair that they designed them n only they sell them, which is highly odd- more lies on their part!! The ebayer had the exact item number that was on my original receipt so they can't make up that :S

So yea, I'm hoping google finds this n bumps it up so others can see this n be warned away. I don't want them to think they can get away with this...