Why do you answer Nicky's polls ?

dufresne

Choose from :  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Choose from :

• It's important scientific research
    • It helps me plan for LFACC (2008)
    • It's not my kind of poll, but I like to see polls because they are better than threads
    • Something about MILFS
    • Blah blah .... I hate Joss Wheadon blah
    • Directors are brilliant !

You missed his mantra:

"Big screen good, small screen bad"

as inspired by Orwell's "Animal Farm", although I think a certain somebody might be more inclined to say "as adapted from Animal Farm (1954) and Animal Farm (1999)" :D

"Scientific research" was the closest - it could help SM decide what pics they should have at the guest' desk by seeing which are the most popluar things to get signed. Also it lets us know how common each fan of the particular film is, in dufresne's case: The Golden Child (1986) - didnt think there'd be many fans of that one.

And it's another thread seperate from the guest's announcment thread where we can talk about their work and where to get things for them to sign.

Edited by nicky

Dufresne, I'm not sure why you felt compelled to start this thread or how I'm supposed take it but it seems like a conveniently safe invitation for people to take advantage and swing a cheap unprovoked and surpressed shot at me (who wouldnt normally without someone else getting the ball rolling first).

I remember once a good while back someone else started a similar thread about your keeness on starting polls too but you've since withdrawn and moved onto "IF you could only get THREE autos" threads. Anyway, and I'm being polite about this - why do you answer my polls and do they (or any of the things listed here) bother you?

Edited by nicky

Nothing bothers me at all Nicky - and if it bothers you, I apologise unreservedly. It was just a bit tongue in cheek with a like minded user - as per the emote in my opening post. It just made me smile that "Why are you meeting <name> ?" kept popping up for your "type" of guest. I was maybe being a smart ar$e, but I wasn't having a go.

You have very obvious and staunch tastes - and that's a very good thing. Personally, I don't get this thing about liking a movie guest because they are a movie guest, even if they are one you won't want to meet. I see why you say this, and I will defend your right to say it, but I just can't get my head round feeling that way, but it's cool.

I suppose like me, you are a long serving board user, from whom people know what to expect. You're a clued up guy who is into his movies and has certain opinions, and speaks on here in a very deliberate and individual style - to be completely honest I often wish more people on here were like you !

And you were right about a similar poll featuring me (Steviefull started it IIRC :P ) and I took that in the good humour with which it was meant, because I did start lots of polls back then. I'm just not as bothered now, and anything I do want opinions on, I ask elsewhere, where I have more in common with people (no disrespect to others on here).

If the poll upsets you, I will gladly lock delete it. But it has attracted some interest (including from the powers that be themselves) and was only ever meant in jest, honestly.

And to answer your question - I answer your polls because I am also interested in how busy the guests will be and which of their projects will be attracting most interest ;)

It just made me smile that "Why are you meeting <name> ?" kept popping up for your "type" of guest.

Personally, I don't get this thing about liking a movie guest because they are a movie guest, even if they are one you won't want to meet.

No worries, I knew it was just a laugh but I was expecting any minute for someone to push it as far as they dared and add to the list of options. I am after all likened to the 1st guy in my sig. :P I dunno what that exagerrated votes are for though.

Yes, I did realise I was doing the "Why are you meeting...?" polls alot, that's just cos I'm interested like you said about what is popular and to see if I'm the only Coming To America fan here. I only ever do those polls for guests I plan on meeting just to see what fellow-fans like.

I applaud movie guests that SM get, even those I dont wanna meet, cos I have at least heard of them (actor or famous role) eg. the famous Indy swordsman, the grisly Saw victim or the Bond baddie. And you know, I just prefer film over TV and to me - it seemed film guests have given way to many guests from the Lost and Hereos trend heavily too so it was nice to see good film guests that I recognised. ;)

Edited by nicky