No Red & Now No Gold

Zippy1701

"we will be bringing as many the cast to LFCC now and we will be offering the people that booked and supported us on this a free photo shoot. More to come as soon as it is agreed with the cast"

Hey SM,

Now that all the gold tickets are gone and I can not get one, will you be announcing any RD guests as quoted above?

what's the relation between gold passes selling out, and getting Red Dwarf guests?

I think he was just trying to be clever and point out the significance of the two colours for the sake of having a witty thread title. The thing is though there's still plenty of time for RD guests to be announced.

Edited by nicky

what's the relation between gold passes selling out, and getting Red Dwarf guests?

I think he was just trying to be clever and point out the significance of the two colours for the sake of having a witty thread title. The thing is though there's still plenty of time for RD guests to be announced.

There is plenty of time for RD guests, but now if there any announced, I can not get a gold ticket for the event. Some people were actually annoyed by the last minute cancellation of BTL and the total lack of communications from SM. So if it is ok with you, I am trying to get something from the people that run this site.

I think the link is a monetary one.

Other than that he feels let down because, even though the gold passes have been on sale for about 4 months, he is now suprised to find they have sold out before he bought one. Due to this snail like responce, he feels that SM should supply him with RD guests to hopefully calm the savage beast!

I think the link is a monetary one.

Other than that he feels let down because, even though the gold passes have been on sale for about 4 months, he is now suprised to find they have sold out before he bought one. Due to this snail like responce, he feels that SM should supply him with RD guests to hopefully calm the savage beast!

No, I did not buy a ticket because I do not have faith in the organisers and thir ability to supply the guests that I want. Now that the gold tickets are no longer available, I am still annoyed that 2 weeks after we were told that RD guests would be LFCC, no announcement has been made and if any are forthcoming, I have lost the ability to get a gold tickets.

I hope this is now clear enough for everyone. If not I can put it in words of one syllable.

I hope this is now clear enough for everyone. If not I can put it in words of one syllable.

That would be interesting to see. Ug-ug-ug-ug? :WAVE:

But seriously though, it's the same with any guests - you run the risk of waiting for ones you do like to be announced only for the Gold Passes to sell out before that happens. The RD guests might have been ones you didnt wanna meet so then you wouldnt have bought a Gold Pass anwyay.

Edited by nicky

That would be interesting to see. Ug-ug-ug-ug? :WAVE:

But seriously though, it's the same with any guests - you run the risk of waiting for ones you do like to be announced only for the Gold Passes to sell out before that happens.

Very true, but as you can see from my first post, RD fans were told 2 weeks ago that guests would be announced and as usual, NOTHING???????????????????????????

My thought is why the hell does he even want a gold pass, if he just wants it for the RD cast, as he must not like the other guest on the line up.

The RD will not be busy enough to need a gold pass, John Hurt yes equals gold pass, Patrick Stewart = Gold Pass not RD cast sorry but they all do LOTS of signings so are not very rare.

Sounds like a night with Sly Stallone!

Anyway, there is no reason why you would need a gold pass to see RD guests what so ever. That is unless Chloe Annett is appearing naked!

As for you not getting a gold pass, that really is tough sh**. Thats your own problem and no one elses on here. The organizers are not at your beck and call to bring guests that you want so you will by a gold pass. You are begining to sound like Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka!

Anyway, I bought mine a couple of months ago!

My thought is why the hell does he even want a gold pass, if he just wants it for the RD cast, as he must not like the other guest on the line up.

The RD will not be busy enough to need a gold pass, John Hurt yes equals gold pass, Patrick Stewart = Gold Pass not RD cast sorry but they all do LOTS of signings so are not very rare.

Completley agree - I have met all the Red Dwarf guests SM's have ever had and there has never been made queues - certainly not worth buying a Gold Pass for

Ug-ug-ug-ug-ug-ug!!!

Translation: The RD guests waiting to be announced might not have been ones you wanted to meet anyway so then you wouldnt have to buy a Gold Pass .

Edited by nicky

Depends what shows you like as to whether you get a gold pass or not. All I am trying to do is make the point that if by some amazing miracle, sm decide to do what they said they would do and bring in some RD guests, I have lost the oppurtunity to get a gold pass which I probably would have done. I am a huge fan of the show but have only just got into this side of it. Sorry if you have a superiority complex or if I seem uneducated in all this cr@p but I probably would have got the gold. Yes.

No, I did not buy a ticket because I do not have faith in the organisers and thir ability to supply the guests that I want. Now that the gold tickets are no longer available, I am still annoyed that 2 weeks after we were told that RD guests would be LFCC, no announcement has been made and if any are forthcoming, I have lost the ability to get a gold tickets.

Don't be a gimboid. So if the cast of Red Dwarf (or a part thereof) were announced, you'd buy a gold pass?? Why exactly? So you could slip into the front of a non-existent queue? Do you really think they will have anything other than an open queue?

Your point is perfectly clear. It's just complete nonsense.

Don't be a gimboid. So if the cast of Red Dwarf (or a part thereof) were announced, you'd buy a gold pass?? Why exactly? So you could slip into the front of a non-existent queue? Do you really think they will have anything other than an open queue?

Your point is perfectly clear. It's just complete nonsense.

My point is not nonsence. It is lack of experience and a willingness to see the people that I want. To say that it is nonsence just shows how arrogant you are towards people that have not been involved in cons and fairs all there adult life.

If I need to apologize for my inexperience so be it BUT WHY THE HELL SHOULD I. IF I BUY A GOLD TICKET FOR RD GUESTS OR NOT, IT IS MY CHOICE.

Unless he is hoping for the cast of Red Dwarf USA, as we all know how good that show was and I am sure as it was such a big hit they would all have massive queues.

red_dwarf_usa_10.jpg

Jane Leeves would have a massive Queue - but not for RD, I'll grant you that!

Red Dwarf USA, we all know how good that show was and I am sure as it was such a big hit they would all have massive queues.

Really?????!!!! :blink:

Bring them on.

Right now it would be a miracle worth sainthood if SM "actually" (:poki:) did as promised and bring some RD guests.

It is lack of experience and a willingness to see the people that I want. To say that it is nonsence just shows how arrogant you are towards people that have not been involved in cons and fairs all there adult life. If I need to apologize for my inexperience so be it

But you said "as usual" or something? If you've been around long enough to know that SM aren't worth having any faith in then surly you'd have at least been to a con before....or do you mean to say that you only read posts and never attend cons? You even called them "SM" so you must be familair to some degree as opposed to calling them "the organisers"?

Quote:

RD fans were told 2 weeks ago that guests would be announced and as usual, NOTHING???????????????????????????
Edited by nicky

It is lack of experience and a willingness to see the people that I want. To say that it is nonsence just shows how arrogant you are towards people that have not been involved in cons and fairs all there adult life. If I need to apologize for my inexperience so be it

But you said "as usual sm didnt bother" or something? If you've been around long enough to know that they're not worth having any faith in then surly you'd have at least been to a con before....or do you mean to say that you only read posts and never attend cons?

Quote:

RD fans were told 2 weeks ago that guests would be announced and as usual, NOTHING???????????????????????????

I have only mamanged to attend a few collectormania's before. BTL was to be my very first con ever. What a "CON" it turned out to be. :blink: