Guinness Book of Records record breaking attempt at LFCC

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Just to let you know, that there are a couple of pictures from the Record attempt on the front page of the London Film and Comic Con Website. There is also links to high res versions so you can print them off if you want!

Davey :crying:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

news? ........ anybody?..........

surely guiness don't take this long to let people know??????

I would hope not, I was hoping we had got into next years book, which comes out on 17th September, it'd be nice to know, it's only been 4 weeks now.

• 2 weeks later...

over a month now......

so what's the news????????

I guess we don't get any. just turn up in costume when asked and that's it.

cheers SM for keeping us informed! I guess you might have trouble if you ever ask for people to turn up in costume again.

over a month now......

so what's the news????????

I guess we don't get any. just turn up in costume when asked and that's it.

cheers SM for keeping us informed! I guess you might have trouble if you ever ask for people to turn up in costume again.

I've tried everyway possiple ato get an answer from SM, I've E-mailed them 4 times with no reply which is just ignorance on SMs behalf. I've tried ringing at all times of the day and it is always, always engaged. I'm fed up asking but for one more time:

WHAT WAS THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT SET THE RECORD?

:wub::chair::WINCE::P:P:dance:

Is that too hard?

No it BLOODY isn't!

Why thank you for the kind welcome :thumbup:

I've been keeping an eye on this topic as i am keen to know the result as I took part too but You guys had pretty much said it all so far so i didn't want to interupt your work lol

Fingers crossed we find out something soon now that Glasgow is over with :D

I very much doubt it, Showmasters have far too much work to do for CM14 consdering they've announced a total of 13 guests and the event is only in 3/4 weeks and they've already had the big "A-list" guest cancel on them. Well Showmasters could you please tie up the loose ends with your con from 6 weeks ago before starting on the next one, I think that they're are at least 1 of us who is so fed up with you that we will definitely be not attending to the next colletormania.

I think that they're are at least 1 of us who is so fed up with you that we will definitely be not attending to the next colletormania.

That seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Why not come to Collectormania and speak to the people on the info desk? They may be able to tell you what you want to know, or put you in touch with someone who has the information.

the main reasons I'm not going to CM14 is that there are no guests that I want to meet yet and that I am still flat out broke from LFCC although if they were to announce someone from heroes or Carrie Fisher then I might change my mind.

Edited by Quinny83

• Moderators

I've left a note with the relevant people to try and get you an answer. Can't say when it'll be done though.

In the mean time I'd suggest calming down a bit, as it's really not worth all the aggro. This section is very rarely looked at now, as it's a past event and right down the bottom.

So I'm doing my best to try and get you an answer. That's all I can do.

• 3 weeks later...

I went out and brought the new edition of the Guinness world records today and guess what?

We're not in it, not a mention let alone a picture! :P

I don't know if that means we didn't break the record or if it just didn't get processed in time for this years book.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I imagine the record wasnt broken.

If you read the previous posts, such as http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....t&p=1214750

you'll find that there wasn't an existing record to break, and since there were officialls from Guinness World Records or whatever they're called, so long as they're satisfied, then a record should be set.

. But an offical statement would only be fair to those people who took part.

Yup, but clearing up loose ends isn't SM's strongest suit. And when even DB can't get an answer after over 2 months, you know you haven't an earthly's...