annoyed i cant go

chrisrus

i wished i could go to this. Prob would have spent most my money.

i would of met

John Hurt

Patrick Stewart

Karen Allen

Jason Mewes

Carrie Henn

Sendhil Ramamurthy

David Anders

Malcolm Mcdowell

Would any of these guests come to milton keynes or manchester.

Jealous of everyone meeting these cool guests

• Moderators

Malcolm's already been to Manchester.

David/Sendhil are already repeat guests from Eclipse, so I wouldn't expect them elsewhere for a while.

Karen Allen has been before, so she probably won't appear again for a while either.

It's taken them years to get Jason Mewes, so I think it's a case of 'meet him while you can!' .. same with John Hurt I would imagine!

Patrick Stewart rarely does just 'signing appearances' .

And I believe Carrie was difficult to get too .. but I suppose it'll depend on what she thinks of the experience :YAHOO:

It's taken them years to get Jason Mewes, so I think it's a case of 'meet him while you can!' .. same with John Hurt I would imagine!

That's the golden rule everyone should follow in order to avoid disapointment and minimise the good old "Can we have xxx back, I missed him before" threads.

My advice is scrape the funds together, you got about 6 wks left. If you want to go badly enough, you will. Obviously if there's sometihng more important to you that's happening that wkend then it's your choice and you need to prioritise.

Edited by nicky

That's the golden rule everyone should follow in order to avoid disapointment and minimise the good old "Can we have xxx back, I missed him before" threads.

My advice is scrape the funds together, you got about 6 wks left. If you want to go badly enough, you will. Obviously if there's sometihng more important to you that's happening that wkend then it's your choice and you need to prioritise.

i'll have money for the guests. just not to stop anywhere. usually go to these cons with my mum who doesn't have much money since she split up with my step dad.

Not having anywhere to stop for the night shouldnt stop you from going? You could see all the guests in one day and then travel back home on train (and come back next day) or just stay at a cheap B&B or hostel - I'm doing that in Hammersmith (15 mins away) for £20 Sat night.

Like I said before, if you want to go badly enough, you will make the effort. You do want to go that badly, don't you?

Edited by nicky

i live about 5 hours away. But if i dont go i dont go. I was jusy saying i'd have liked to have gone but prob cant.

It'll take me about that long too - I'm leaving home by car to get dropped off at the bus stop to the airport. Then checking in and waiting for my flight from Dublin to Stanstead. Then getting the coach from there to the city where I'll take the tube or bus to Earls Court. I think that's well worth my trouble for the 9 guests I'm meeting so far and going alone.

i live about 5 hours away. But if i dont go i dont go. I was jusy saying i'd have liked to have gone but prob cant.

It'll take me about that long too - I'm leaving home by car to get dropped off at the bus stop to the airport. Then checking in and waiting for my flight from Dublin to Stanstead. Then getting the coach from there to the city where I'll take the tube or bus to Earls Court. I think that's well worth my trouble for the 9 guests I'm meeting so far and going alone.

Are you doing both days mate?

I understand the pain of not being able to go--at least you're in the right country for it! XD

yes but just think of november my dear and it'll get you through! you get 100% awsome for both eclipses! your awsom... and i will stalk admire sendhil for you!

I understand the pain of not being able to go--at least you're in the right country for it! XD

yes but just think of november my dear and it'll get you through! you get 100% awsome for both eclipses! your awsom... and i will stalk admire sendhil for you!

That's... That's the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me! =O You're awesome too! *hugs*

Have you considered couchsurfing? If you go to www couchsurfing dot com you may well be able to find someone who can put you up overnight. I did that one year for Collectormania so I could save money to spend at the event instead of on a hotel room.