Fantasy Sci-fi Authors

Would there ever be any chance of getting fantasy or sci-fi authors at the Glasgow event or any UK event. I was reading about a event in Canada that have quite a few authors attending like Kelly Armstrong who I would love to meet. I know these events are usualy for Actors and TV show writers but would any one else ever like to see authors at events?

Would there ever be any chance of getting fantasy or sci-fi authors at the Glasgow event or any UK event. I was reading about a event in Canada that have quite a few authors attending like Kelly Armstrong who I would love to meet. I know these events are usualy for Actors and TV show writers but would any one else ever like to see authors at events?

That could be cool. I don't read a lot of sci-fi myself but I'm up for any and all guest announcements!

I myself would love to meet Laurel K Hamilton. And she does great talks too, I've seen a couple of clips on YouTube and she is totally my favourite author, read 2 of her books in one night, went out the following day and bought 5 more, she is soooo adictive. Highly recommended. (lent them to a lass at work and she's on book 13 now and that's only after 2 and a half weeks! They're also getting really big!)

Yes!!!!! Kelley Armstrong and Kim Harrison are 2 of my favourite authors. Neither of them have done any signings in the UK yet although they have both expressed a desire to. And Tanya Huff, MaryJanice Davidson and Tom Holt are awesome too. Would travel to meet any of these.

if your interested, i'm working with the SGW the now to get a few little sci-fi writers presentations & talks up and going, this is of existing well known and upcoming authors

if so i'll post details when the events are sorted

Edited by Stephen

if your interested, i'm working with the SGW the now to get a few little sci-fi writers presentations & talks up and going, this is of existing well known and upcoming authors

if so i'll post details when the events are sorted

Oh Im very interested but also don't know what SGW is.

I used to help organise a writer's convention when I was a student at Exeter University. There are a number of authors who would probably be up for attending events, for example Jasper Fforde. (Though we never actually persuaded J.K. Rowling to return to her alma mater!)

I asked for authors ages ago. I'd love to meet Robert Jordan. And Anne Mccaffrey.

Ummm, you might have a problem with Robert Jordan :(

But agreeing with the topic - authors would be great.

Please enlighten me?

My sister and I love his books. I had stopped reading them a couple of years ago because I wanted to wait until the series was finished before reading through them. The books are so involved and there was a long gap between publications so it was very hard to remember what had happenend. It was going to be easier to wait untill completion than re read or only vaguely remember.

It's such a shame that he's gone, I'll miss his work. I'm glad his family intend to finish the books though.

• 3 weeks later...