What are u wearing to the cocktail party?

So Bella

Seriously? I just got in from a day of shopping. I tried on lot's of pretty things - but I don't know what to buy!!!!:WINCE:

Give me ideas, especially the ladies. Are you wearing a dress, skirt, slacks and cute top??

I don't want to be the only one wearing a dress.. ladies, you know what it feels like when you're the only one *over* or *under* dressed. I just want to blend in, if that's at all possible.

:wub: B

So Bella, I still don't know. I'm working in a huge clothes complex so I am observing what I could wear but I can't make my mind on what to buy! :P

A nice dress would be great for the cocktail, though I'm not sure I'll be at ease. I like wearing femine stuff but I'm not used wearing dresses except for summer when I'm relaxed lol. So I still don't know and I'm not sure I have been a big help, sorry! lol

So Bella, I still don't know. I'm working in a huge clothes complex so I am observing what I could wear but I can't make my mind on what to buy! :YAHOO:

A nice dress would be great for the cocktail, though I'm not sure I'll be at ease. I like wearing femine stuff but I'm not used wearing dresses except for summer when I'm relaxed lol. So I still don't know and I'm not sure I have been a big help, sorry! lol

I tried on a great black dress with a pair of heels, and it looked great. Thing is, I feel like I'll be overdressed and I don't want to stand out... not that I would... but I don't want to go in a dress if people will be dressed down. My sister says I should wear a pair of dark jeans (I have black and really dark blue) with a cute halter top and heels. I might do just that. The black dress was $100 - I think that's close to 200 british pounds.. but it's something I could keep forever (really good quality) and it's simple & elegant.

Don't know.. maybe I'll take a peek over at the eclipse picture thread. Thanks for all your help. This clothing business is just crazy...

xoB

I'm wearing a cocktail dress, something pretty and classy. Not too OTT. I still haven't bought anything yet though :P

Yes, this is exactly what I tried on today... I don't know. I didn't buy it, but I'm thinking about it. Thanks.

At the Eclipse cocktail party most people dressed up, there were even some guys in black tie who looked amazing. There were some nice dresses, I wore black trousers and a dressy top (I'm not really a dress person). There were a few people in jeans and tshirts though and they really stood out.

It probably doesn't make a difference, but $100 is about 50 British pounds. Which is pretty reasonable price for a dress imho :)

Thanks for that! It does make a difference bcause I was under the impression that exchange rate was different. Still sucks for me dollar wise when I visit - but yes, the dress price is very reasonable. And it looked so good...

bella, wear whatever you feel comfortable in hun x

I know! I feel comfortable in both, so now it's just time to make the decision!! :D

I think the jeans and a nice top is the best idea. That's probably what I will be wearing. I would love to wear heels with the jeans, but I'm a small girl and I am not used at wearing these kind of shoes unfortunately. My way to walk would look like I'm drunk LMAO.

I don't know, for instance, watch Evi, she is not always wearing dresses at Cocktail but she is gorgeous:

normal_ABC_Winter_Press_Tour_evangeline_Lilly.jpg

normal_hq039.jpg

I think Evi always wear dress at Cocktail events, well she does at the Golden Globes etc and events where you dress up.

I went to find some dresses today and OMG it was so stressful, It was in the posh boutique and they kept asking me what the dress was for so I said my birthday, but I think they were too expensive for a con so I literally ran out of the shop and my mum had to chase me lol

I think Evi always wear dress at Cocktail events, well she does at the Golden Globes etc and events where you dress up.

I went to find some dresses today and OMG it was so stressful, It was in the posh boutique and they kept asking me what the dress was for so I said my birthday, but I think they were too expensive for a con so I literally ran out of the shop and my mum had to chase me lol

There are a few stores here that make great flowy/bohemian evening out style tops that match well with dark jeans... and they're so cheap. they look good but the material is the kind that when you wash it once, it shrinks or rips. Very cheap in price.

I spent 3 hours at the mall yesterday. I went to BCBG.. and found a fabulously cute top - for $170 USdollars. O my gawd. Never... So, I might hit one of the cheapie shops today :D

My husband would take my credit card away if I ever bought a simple top for that kind of money. Ridiculous!!

xoB

I've not decided..I may just wear black dressy trousers and a dressy top though. I don't feel comfortable wearing a coctail dress LOL. I got one but it needs to be fitted to me so that's extra money and time I do not have hehe.

But I'm not worried...my worry is mostly that i'll be going away for a work seminar two days before I'm off to the con and how I'll manage to get enough time to PACK!! LOL arrrghhh ...planning ahead for packing..so NOT my thing lol