Which RARE Star Trek main cast would you like?

Skylover

Patrick Stewart replacement  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like

• William Shatner
    • Leonard Nimoy
    • Colm Meaney
    • Wil Wheaton
    • Terry Farrell
    • Jeri Ryan
    • Scott Bakula
    • Majel Barrett
    • Obi-Wan Kenobi
    • I prefere someone from X-men or Dune, etc

I chatted to the Star Trek guests agent on Saturday at one of the dealer tables. He mentioned he was hopefully getting Avery Brooks back over soon & was working on getting Terry Farrell.

Jeri Ryan is sooooooo gorgeous! And I'm a girl saying that hehe. Her and Nana are my fave ST ladies- and Nana was AMAZING to meet, well well worth it- as I'm sure Jeri would be :dance:

Out of main cast (I mean main as in their names on the credits, sot including really regular guests though I've met most of them to) I haven't met:

Terry Farrell

Cirroc Lofton (Though he went to a LFCC, I just missed him- literally, he ran past me to leave! But a friend got me a personalised auto in Germany)

Tim Russ (again, been to UK about 5 years ago, but driver had flu so I missed him)

Jeri Ryan

Jennifer Lien (Same as Tim)

Scott Bakula.

... so thats not many I'm missing! But then I bring up the list of those missing main cast from my group pics I wana see again (In other words they've not been to a show in a few years) and the list is a LOT longer...

The Shatner; Leonard Nimoy; Nichelle Nichols

Jon Frakes; LeVar Burton; Michael Dorn; Gates McFadden;

Nicole DeBoer; Colm Meaney; Alexander Siddig

Kate Mulgrew; Robert Beltran; Rob McNeill; Roxann Dawson; Garret Wang

Jolene Blalock; Linda Park; John Billingsley.

..... then theres the regulars, the movie stars, the guest stars...... my list is endless!

Those I'd REALLY like are:

Whoopi Goldberg; Wil Wheaton; Tom Hardy; Majel Barrett (Met, would like to see again); Marc Aliamo; Max Grodenchick; Frank Langella; Mark Allen Sheppard; John DeLancie (met would like to see again); The Borg Kids; Scarlett Pomers; Susannah Tompson; Vaughn Armstrong; Gary Graham................. thats just off the top of my head!

I'm torn between Leonard Nimoy and Scott Bakula (for QL rather than STE), but I know there's zero chance of getting SB, so I voted for Nimoy. In any case, much as I want SB's autograph, I'd still rather meet LN... I mean, he's Spock for chrissake!!

It's only logical. :blush:

I hope in all honest truth that people at Showmaster really do take notice of there loyal customer base on this forums page. While I know there has been some seriously bad luck with guest appearances just lately we the forms users would never won’t Showmaster to stop organising these events!

“Here Endith the lesson!â€

As for my vote Scott Bakula would be a fantastic guest but the chances of getting him there are as likely as Jerri Ryan coming round to my house and doing unspeakable things to me (not that I obsess about such things!). Scott I think has only ever done one convention in the States anyway.

Let’s be more realistic! Let get some guests that maybe repeat guests but at least they haven’t been around in a while like:

Jonathan Frakes, Gates McFadden, LeVar Burton, Linda Park, Jolene Blalock, Anthony Montgomery, Bill Shatner (almost Impossible), Leonard Nimoy,

Or even

Carrie Fisher, Denis Lawson, Liam Neeson , Ewan McGregor ( I wish ) , Anthony Daniels, Natalie Portman, Jake Lloyd, Pernilla August, Frank Oz, Ian McDiarmid, Ray Park, and Terence Stamp!

Do any of the NON-CAST directors do cons like Robert Wise, Nicholas Meyer or even Stuart Baird? Actually I think Wise is dead.

Yes, I know the majority here are only interested in JJ Abrams cos of Lost and he's the hot-right-now director of the new film but I meant the older films that we all know and love.

Edited by nicky

Was just wanting to where some some people are getting the impression that Scott Bakula charges huge amounts of money to attend conventions, in my personal experience that is far from the truth in fact he's attending the Quantum Leap convention next year totally free of charge and I know of several other events in the past where he has charged little or no fee.

I'd like tpo see Scott, but the prices he charges for convention appearances are so high that it probably won't happen.

I know someone else has already noticed this point but can I ask where exactly you came by this info that Scott charges ridiculous amounts to attend cons? I am also aware of many conventions where if he has charged at all it's only been a small amount. That's only conventions of course he's made many more appearances, attended and been part of numerous charity events - often giving several hours of his own time up afterwards for his many fans to do meet & greets, photo sessions etc (with no charge btw)

Strange that these very opposing pictures are of the apparently of the same man, unless one opinion is either based on heresay or very little information

Scott I think has only ever done one convention in the States anyway.

Eh? Which 'one' was this - I know of 6 'conventions' just wondering which of those you're not counting? I could be missing some too but he has certainly attended that many & I know of others where he's not been able to attend but has done a recorded interview or has called through. Admittedly occasionally it may have been a flying visit but he still 'attended' which is what we're talking about here, right.

I've listened pretty quietly for years strange stories about Scott that are based on very little fact & not participated a lot but I've gotta say it's nowstarting to irk a little. I was even told at a collectomania event last year by one of the store holders that Scott's autograph was more expensive because he was a virtual recluse - that is obviously one of the most outragious & is about as fair from the truth as I think you could possibly get but what is it with all these little fables that seem to keep coming up about him?

Scott Bakula attended the Star Trek Vegas con in 2006 and the company running the con charged around $180.00 per autograph. Who knows how much he got and how much they got from that, either way its pretty steep.

And you just hit the nail on the head - 'the company running the con charged'

Scott Bakula attended the Star Trek Vegas con in 2006 and the company running the con charged around $180.00 per autograph. Who knows how much he got and how much they got from that, either way its pretty steep.

But thats one convention, I do actually know what he charged for that appearance but as creation were charging so much for the autographs I see it's only far that Scott see's some of the money for the work that he has put in over the years, rather than it going in there pockets.

Scott gets criticised for never doing any of the large money making conventions so he did one and now that seems to be held up as the only example. The fact that he has done one of these but several for little or no fee I think that speaks for itself.

Scott had NOTHING to do with the prices set for autographs and photos, and that has been confirmed by Scott's publicist. The prices were set by the organiser to reflect the 'rarity' of Scott's public appearances (though with at least four theatre runs and several charitable appearances in the last two years, it's not like Scott isn't available to fans). Yes, I'm sure Scott got a cut of the money charged, but the fans didn't have to pay it.

I've been fortunate enough to meet Scott several times over the past decade, and he is always gracious, charming, and willing to stay until the wee small hours to ensure that everybody (including the many dealers that invariably show up) gets an autograph and a photo - for free. He is generous with his time, and often will arrange with a theatre for a special meet and greet with fans post show to save people standing outside in the cold.

EDITED by QS: Sorry, you're not allowed to talk about other events here. I've edited your post to a more neutral wording. Please feel free to change or add something if you want. :D

Edited by Queen_Sindel