LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT François Chau

showmasters

Changed my mind a bit, thought bout it bit more and id actually put Francois as the B guest, can't argue he hasn't played a big role in the mythology and when we first saw him in season 2 in the Orientation video it was one of the coolest thing ever on Lost. Ignore my previous comment lol well done SM. Still need a female guest tho

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad guest, interesting enough character but with 3 kinda C guests it is getting harder to be really enthusiastic. Hope i don't sound too pessimistic here cause im not, still cant wait for the event and one good, main, preferably female cast member would really finish the job.

Agreed, this is not a bad guest. In fact out of the last 3 announcements, this is the only one I would really have ever wanted to meet at some point. But I do think it extremely sad that I was able to predict this announcement a week ago, purely on the basis of the recent guests being minor league characters who have been in around 8 episodes (allowing for arguments to be made "They have been in 8 episodes, so not a minor character"). In the context of a Collectormania I would be happy enough to meet these people, but for a LOST convention, it has been disappointing seeing these guests being announced. I will eat my words IF a regular actor from the show is announced as the final guest, but I am predicting now the last announcement will be more of the same.

• Moderators

In the context of a Collectormania I would be happy enough to meet these people, but for a LOST convention, it has been disappointing seeing these guests being announced.

I was discussing this with someone last night, and while I do understand what you're saying, I still think it makes a lot more sense to have guests like these at a Lost convention rather than a normal signing event - especially if they don't have big roles in anything else.

I actually think it's quite unlikely that we would've got a couple of these guests at a signing event. Plus there are always guests that don't particularly want to even do signing events, but prefer conventions :smile:

I guess we'll never know!

I probably would feel a lot happier if these people were announced a year or two down the line, at Lockdown 2 or 3. I just think that with the expectations, the excitement surrounding the 1st ever LOST even in the UK, it should have started bigger then this, and got hold of the smaller guest stars once the even has proved popular. I imagined at least 2 or 3 main stars with photo sessions in which every attendee lines up for (making Showmasters plenty of money back), but as it is, I can't imagine any of these guests having a too busy photo shoot.

• Moderators

It's nice in theory, but I guess it doesn't work that nicely in the real world unfortunately.

Plus if you did get a lineup of that standard for the first event, you'd get people complaining if the standard declined at later events soooo you can't win lol

I probably would feel a lot happier if these people were announced a year or two down the line, at Lockdown 2 or 3. I just think that with the expectations, the excitement surrounding the 1st ever LOST even in the UK, it should have started bigger then this, and got hold of the smaller guest stars once the even has proved popular. I imagined at least 2 or 3 main stars with photo sessions in which every attendee lines up for (making Showmasters plenty of money back), but as it is, I can't imagine any of these guests having a too busy photo shoot.

I would love a Lockdown 2/3 2 with any guests! What do you guys reckon the odds on a Lockdown 2 are? I know things haven't gone great for this one so far (I'm more than happy with all our guests, I can't wait to meet them all and although obviously main guests would have been better I'm not disappointed and hope none of the guests get offended if they read the posts). But maybe a second one unaffected by the strike, maybe at a different time of year will attract more of the main cast. I don't really know what the point of my post is, I'm just rambling in hopes of future Lockdowns!

Edited by Lambourne

Great guest, SM. Looking forward to meet him. But now I really hope for a main cast member... It's not that I don't like the guests, really. But I spent sooo much money on the gold ticket and the flight and everything just to come to Lockdown.

So yeah... I mean it's just the way the cookie crumbles or how do you say ^^..? But I really hope the last guest will be a main cast member and it's all perfect :D.

you need someone at least on the 'penny' level who id say is a B charicter, shes a regular, plus plays a big part to the story of the show.

i no were all hoping for a regular and thats probably not gonna happen, theyres plenty of lost guests that do cons and dont have a heavy work scedule [like maggie or ian S,sonya, william mapother someone like that] so why arnt we getting these guests? it would be cool to be updated on what guests we can or cant get and maybe we could do a poll or something.

i hope this doesnt sound rude but im kinda in a bad mood [not about this so ill add a few of these :dance::YAHOO::D:thumbup: ]

Im happy with this announcement, having been disapointed with the last 2 guests.

Im hoping im not reading too much into the fact that Adetokumboh(VERY minor character) was announced, and then Fredric(minor character) and now Francois(more to do with the overall story)

Im hoping that this means theyre building up to the big last guest, and id be very disapointed if it was anyone less than a main cast member(that's NOT done an SM event before)

The last guest could tip the scales in my opinion either way, and I hope that it goes in a good direction.

you need someone at least on the 'penny' level who id say is a B charicter, shes a regular, plus plays a big part to the story of the show.

i no were all hoping for a regular and thats probably not gonna happen, theyres plenty of lost guests that do cons and dont have a heavy work scedule [like maggie or ian S,sonya, william mapother someone like that] so why arnt we getting these guests? it would be cool to be updated on what guests we can or cant get and maybe we could do a poll or something.

i hope this doesnt sound rude but im kinda in a bad mood [not about this so ill add a few of these :dance::YAHOO::D:thumbup: ]

Unfortunately it isn't as simple as the fact that because they aren't on Lost anymore they are free for Lockdown, most have moved on to other shows/films.

Plus about this whole A, B, C guest thing. It isn't as simple as putting the guests into categories, people have different opinions of how good/main a guest is. For example, Sonya seems like she's be a big guest for you Nikstar, where as for me Marsha would be as good as an 'A' and I doubt you would rank Marsha anywhere near that high.

Apart from the fact that I think A, B and C thing has been analysed too much and I dont think it was meant as anything, the only people I would consider 'A' guests(and im putting aside personal taste) are people who have been regular enough to be in a cast photo of the show.

Apart from the fact that I think A, B and C thing has been analysed too much and I dont think it was meant as anything, the only people I would consider 'A' guests(and im putting aside personal taste) are people who have been regular enough to be in a cast photo of the show.

I agree, the A, B, C thing was never meant to mean anything and has been way over thought. I also agree that 'A' guests are main cast members who get there names in the opening of the episode, I just mean I'd get as excited about Marsha Thomason being announced as say, Yunjin Kim.

• Moderators

Even if it did mean something, things can change anyway :P

And I'm glad you said what you did about it not being that simple - it's never a case of 'oh, they're not working on ... so they must be available!' unfortunately.

There's so many different hurdles to jump over before you can get a guest, but I don't think a lot of people consider all the minute details that make things so tricky.

That's why I try to be as patient and understanding as possible - I know how tough it can be for an organiser, and it's just as frustrating for them if they can't get the biggest guests! It's not like they want to have a lineup of minor role guests.

But hey, I'm pretty sure no matter what happens, this event will be very enjoyable for all of us. I'm just looking forward to all the worrying stopping, and everyone just getting there and having a good time :WINCE:

Unfortunately it isn't as simple as the fact that because they aren't on Lost anymore they are free for Lockdown, most have moved on to other shows/films.

Plus about this whole A, B, C guest thing. It isn't as simple as putting the guests into categories, people have different opinions of how good/main a guest is. For example, Sonya seems like she's be a big guest for you Nikstar, where as for me Marsha would be as good as an 'A' and I doubt you would rank Marsha anywhere near that high.

i know but ive checked theyre imdb profiles thats why i suggested them if the actor is in any upcoming movies or tv shows its on there thats why i said it

i hate the fact that ive been nothing but supportive to showmasters until now where im getting sick and tired of people jumping down my throught every time i make a suggestion or state the fact that im not happy, sonya isnt a big guest for me josh is my ideal guest but pointless me saying anything ill keep my mouth shut in future.

ive been understanding for six months to be fair.

i know but ive checked theyre imdb profiles thats why i suggested them if the actor is in any upcoming movies or tv shows its on there thats why i said it

i hate the fact that ive been nothing but supportive to showmasters until now where im getting sick and tired of people jumping down my throught every time i make a suggestion or state the fact that im not happy, sonya isnt a big guest for me josh is my ideal guest but pointless me saying anything ill keep my mouth shut in future.

ive been understanding for six months to be fair.

No one's telling you to shut your mouth,I was just trying to make you feel better and help. Sorry for trying to be nice to you. Also, my post is the kind of post you've been giving other people who complained/state the fact they weren't happy until now so don't lash out because someone tried to help you.

Edited by Lambourne

i didnt say that you all said shut my mouth

im trying to get the point across that whatever i say people jump down my throught,

i said that to people a few months ago when the situation was different when we had only 2 guests when we was promiced some "great guests", i only said that to people who was complaining and had no intention of coming,

all im asking for is a little more feedback

and a freedom of speech which i belive is the purpose of forums isnt it?

Edited by nikstar1989

I meant I was trying to help you by saying that things weren't that bad and that SM's aren't not getting main cast on purpose, they have nothing to gain from doing so. I'm sorry if you thought I wasn't trying to help but my only intention was to help, but if I knew you were just going to snap at me I wouldn't have. Sorry again.

We're all in the same boat here.

im not asking for main cast just thought it would be cool if they could try and get some guests that we have never met before and would be awesome to meet, im sure these guests will be great id just like to think that we'd get people with just a little bit more of a part on the show thats all im saying.

i know with budgeting and scedules its hard and im not suggesting that SM dont care or arnt making an effort , maybe im just disspointed cause i got my hopes up for bigger guests as thats what was in the leaflet i got at LFACC

anyway

sorry.

no but some of them i particularly wouldnt wanna meet

i mean

if i go to a signing event

i wouldnt pay for them

like at lfacc i like ethans charicter but i wouldnt pay £15 for an auto from william

thats whats im trying to say

why does everyone have to be rude or sarcastic when im explaing what alot of people are afraid to say