Help getting to venue from Bus Station

graeme2020uk

I remember because of work I could only do the Earl's Court Saturday in 2006. So I flew down from glasgow at like 6.30am, then tube from heathrow direct to earl's court and back again at night. I think total cost with tube journey came to 70 quid that day.

You could split it, fly down for £35, train back like gebes said.

My passports not long out of date.I will get it renewed at some point.

You really don't want to do that until you need to; current renewal cost is £78.

But a word of warning; whilst internal UK flights require photo-ID, some airlines are happy to accept things like driving licences, whereas others insist on a UK passport. Best to check when you book (and make a note to take it with you to the airport).

• 2 weeks later...

There is nothing scary about using the tube. You can print off a tube map from the Transport for London site. They even have a journey planner on there for you to use. Tube stations are well signposted and there are maps on the walls everywhere.

I've been using the tube since before the Kings X fire - there's nothing to worry about.

Londoners are very friendly and will direct you if you get lost.

Being a scot and travelling to London for the last couple of years its not that bad. Add to the mix of travelling with an 8 year old, a disabled son or a daughter who hates travelling and gets sick travelling into town on the bus. We've been at LFCC the last two years and travelled on the tube with very little problems. We get the overnight train to Euston from Inverness and if you catch booking at the right time you can get to London from as little as £19, thats for a berth but if not a berth the seats are ok to sleep on.