Car Parking Question

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'd have a great time! He wouldn't have a clue what was going on but there's nothing new about that!

You know, when I did my Wii party shopping I did it online from Asda. I could have got you strawberry dilutey pop instead of the blackcurrant stuff that I actually still have a little bit of left in the fridge!

Soon! Mel's having a housewarming which is the next Echelon party and then it's my turn to host another Wii party, sometime before summer hopefully. Mel doesn't work weekends anymore so she and Mark should be able to make it, Ryan will bring Jaina (who will bring Hilary and Kat) and Alison. Tim can bring himself again. :P

oh must see if we can get to mel's that's gunna be fun lol

but yes a trip to york is needed i think :P i miss my york friends coming home from new zealand cause we're at eclipse, its odd i have seen then in 5 weeks when they get back and it'll be longer cause we're away

Mel claims she thought we'd all just turn up, shared brain and all. She didn't know she had to invite us.

Mark said "the number of times I've invited you all over through Melissa and she hasn't said anything! The week after we moved in, I said "Get them round!" but she didn't!"

And Mel was like "I thought they'd just appear!"

the parking prices are mental huge thanks to jenn i'm sharing with her at the park inn now otherwise i shudder to think, hotels should come with parking in northampton it's ridiculous. i'd be tempted to park at the park inn in the daytime but then you have to keep moving the car.

• 2 weeks later...

My god the parking facility is pricey o.O I'm staying at the Ibis Hotel. Is there any car park that's free in Northampton then? Doesn't look it... :lol:

Out of curiosity and from reading other threads here I saw a mention of the Grosvenor Shopping Centre and I was browsing the centre' website where it says parking overnight or evening is free on the Grosvenor multi-storey...or have I misread it completely?! *scratches head*

http://www.grosvenorshoppingcentre.co.uk/f...ing/default.asp

Edited by vash-chan

My god the parking facility is pricey o.O I'm staying at the Ibis Hotel. Is there any car park that's free in Northampton then? Doesn't look it... :(

Out of curiosity and from reading other threads here I saw a mention of the Grosvenor Shopping Centre and I was browsing the centre' website where it says parking overnight or evening is free on the Grosvenor multi-storey...or have I misread it completely?! *scratches head*

It's a bit mis-leading....N/A could mean that it is closed evenings and overnight....I've added £40 to my budget just to be sure :D

I'm reading that as the car park is closed "Not Available" during the evening and overnight.

I think I'm just going to have to suck up that parking price at the NCP.

3pm Friday until 6pm Sunday (we have to leave before the last party) makes our car parking £25.80 for the weekend... assuming that we don't move the car at all in that time. I think I'll be leaving a little note in the car telling them when I'll be back so they don't tow it away as an abandoned vehicle... course, that could also be taken as an open invitation to criminals... hmmm

I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere, but what about parking at teh station. There is a HUGE car park there, it's easily walkable to the hotel (either of them) and I suspect it's massivly cheaper than the NCP.

I've just checked, it's £5.50 per day and free on Sundays

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/NMP.html

Edited by chris_mk

I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere, but what about parking at teh station. There is a HUGE car park there, it's easily walkable to the hotel (either of them) and I suspect it's massivly cheaper than the NCP.

I've just checked, it's £5.50 per day and free on Sundays

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/NMP.html

From http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/NMP.html

Car Park Monday-Sunday 24 hours

Car Park - Note Car park is usually full by 10:00 Mon- Fri. There are 656 spaces. 15 Disabled spaces are provided and are located at the back of the station.

Manned 06-00 - 18-00 M-F.

Car Park - Primary Phone Number 01923 207 068

Number of Parking Spaces 656

Parking Charges £5.50 per Day.

£25.00 per Week.

£96.00 per Month.

£180.00 per Quarter.

£624.00 per Year

Car parking is free on Sundays and Bank holidays. Tickets to be bought from site office or pay and display machines. Parking is free for disabled customers parking in disabled spaces

Car Park Operator Vinci Parking

Might want to give it a ring and see if there would be any problems parking there for a whole weekend (beyond the fact that you'd probably need to go and get a new ticket and perhaps move it on the Saturday. Oh, and that the terms and conditions probably say it's for station customers only...).

Edited by TommyT

Might want to give it a ring and see if there would be any problems parking there for a whole weekend (beyond the fact that you'd probably need to go and get a new ticket and perhaps move it on the Saturday. Oh, and that the terms and conditions probably say it's for station customers only...).

So, you tell them you are going away by train for teh weekend :D

I'm sure you can just put in money to cover the whole period.

So, you tell them you are going away by train for teh weekend :D

LOL, wonder if that would work.

Yeah I'll probably have to check if parking at the station for the whole weekend is okay because I'm arriving around Friday afternoon and checking out on Monday morning or a little later.

So, you tell them you are going away by train for teh weekend ;)

LOL, wonder if that would work.

Yeah I'll probably have to check if parking at the station for the whole weekend is okay because I'm arriving around Friday afternoon and checking out on Monday morning or a little later.

I've been there on a Friday afternoon and although it says the car park is full early on, on weekdays, It starts to empty out about lunchtime.

Station carpark sounds like a money-saver!! I think we'll check that out. I'm hoping it'll be like the one at newcastle station, where you get a ticket and pay on departure; and can use a card, rather than needing small change.

Anyone know how the system works??

Im staying at the holiday inn 1 mile down the road. No parkling charge for people staying there and walkable distance. Only £36 per room per night :)

Just curious, which Holiday Inn are you staying at since there seems to be a few Holiday Inns in the Northampton area? I didn't think there was one close to the station or Park Inn Hotel o.o

Edited by vash-chan