Getting there?

Charmer

Hi, I'm planning on going to Collectormania Manchester next month and was just wondering if anyone can let me know how long a taxi would take to get there from Manchester Piccadilli and how much it might cost? Also, is there a place outside where I can catch a taxi when I leave or would I have to phone one up? Thanks, Charmer!

It would probably be cheaper to get a tram from the train station to the Gmex, they are about every 10 mins and only about a 10 min journey costing less than £2. You could get a black cab from outside the train station and you might be looking at about £5. Getting back, again you could the tram or just around the corner from the GMEX (outside the Midlands Hotel) is a black cab taxi rank.

Hope that helps :firedevil:

if you want to use a taxi then i would recommend that you book one in advance (couple of days) tell them what time your train arrives and no worries about trying to flag one down (if thats even possible nowadays)

it worked for me the last twice i have been to gmex. and the taxi cost me £5 one way (cheaper if you have a friend or 2 of course)

but might be looking into the tram (didn't know it was that it dropped off that close to gmex)

just in case you want to walk it, here are some walking directions

http://maps.yell.com/client/yell/?qs_1=pic...p;x=55&y=10

Edited by nlindenj