Any chance of a One Tree Hill con?

luvyourlife

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! Thankyou Becky!

Ive become an internet stalker, finding UK OTH fans on youtube etc and telling them about the petition. The numbers are going up so hopefully we'll get there in the end.

Im gonna add this onto every post on here until I get an answer:

Showmasters, are you even reading this thread/keeping an eye on our petition? Would be good to know where we stand.

Edited by ryano

OTH fans are the most dedicated people out there. LOL. Season 5 and 6 aren't as good as old school OTH, lets face it, but the majority of us have stuck to it and still love it. Most of us can't imagine giving up OTH, even next season with the two departures...

Most people couldn't imagine giving up Heroes or Lost, but it happened once the quality went on the slide. The danger for SM/ME here is that they could come into a series just as the popularity starts to nosedive. When even the rabid fans say that it's not as good as it used to be and concede that some people have abandoned watching it, they're not good signs, IMHO.

SM could combine OTH with GG. That would be sort of completely legendary. My two favourite teen dramas.

Except as somebody else mentioned, that's already been tried/attempted, and failed. Not a promising sign, is it? And the thing with teen dramas is that they're primarily aimed at teens - who aren't perhaps the most affluent section of society. There may be loads of them who want to come, but whether they can afford to, and will be allowed to is another matter. Plus there's the whole issue regarding unaccompanied non-adults staying at hotels.

Sorry to get back on topic, but i know ALOT of people who would be intrested in One Tree Hill guests. Perhaps SM should test the water with this one, bring a couple of people to a signing event and see how they go down.

Now that is a good idea. Not a cast-iron test, but it could be a good indicator.

Showmasters, are you even reading this thread/keeping an eye on our petition?

There's always one thread or another wanting something, whether it be a OTH con, a crime con, a horror con, an event in Wales, or Liverpool, something for the Potter/Buffy/Trek fans, guests from wrestling franchises etc. I'm sure SM have very little time to keep an eye on them all, let alone external petitions as well. And let's get some context here; you have a petition that's been running seven and a half weeks and has got 121 sigs. And that's a petition, which is merely an expression of desire - no commitment involved and open to things like

I made some of my friends sign it yesterday in school

(my use of bold), so a petition is hardly scientific and is of questionable validity.

121 sigs in seven and a half weeks.

ET2 sold out in three and a half weeks. That's 800 people, not just signing up for something but slapping down cash on the barrelhead.

OK, that's an extremely successful event and not the "minimum qualifying standard", but it's some of what you're up against.

It'll happen, I'm emailing everyone about it, a lot of people from my class have signed! :P

Yes, but all it says that they want SM to run a convention for this, there's not even a commitment or intent for them to go. Heck, for all we know everybody in your class signed because they did it to make you happy (or stop you nagging them :firedevil: ) Honestly, of all those people that signed, how many of them would have the money and the permission and the actual desire to sign up, buy a convention ticket, pay for a hotel, pay for travel to and from the event etc.?

YAY for the 100 signatures.

I know we need 700 more, but still well done us for getting that many :chair:

To be honest, I think you need way more. When you filter out all the people that have just signed because somebody has asked them to and have no intention of coming, and when you filter out all the people who can't afford it, or wouldn't be allowed to come by their parents, and then the people who would find that the date would clash with something else they couldn't get out of... 800 signatures doesn't translate to anything like 800 ticket sales.

I'm not meaning to rubbish anybody's ideas here, just suggesting that it might not be as easy as some people here might think. Just trying to be a bit of a reality check.

Thankyou for replying :) and you do make some very valid points.

As I have said before, the combining OTH/Gossip girl idea never really did happen. It was just announced it would, then no guests were announced, no tickets went on sale, then it was cancelled before it had even really had a chance, so while I understand that its still a bad indicator, I dont think you can use that precise example as something to compare to.

I know the petition is only moving slowly, but it is going up. Again, I understand why you dont see it as the most reliable indicator though. Its just trying to get the word out.

I think for now, if a full on One Tree Hill convention isnt going to happen, then I do really like the idea of getting OTH guests for other signing events. Like someone said it would be a good way to test the water.

But to be honest, I dont think any of us think itll be easy. We know its going to be difficult, the point is, we arent going to give up :)