Andy Serkis! Elijah Wood!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww! Personally i prefer Orli, but Elijah has a special place in my heart too!

I have to be honest and say that I'm not the biggest Orlando Bloom fan myself, but I can certainly see why you like him and for your sake (and of course all the other Orli fans out there), I hope that they'll get him for C5 along with Elijah Wood!! :P

ukelijahlover?? isn't ur pic. of u and Lij on the always and forever site??  :D

Yes

thought it was! I saw it too!

Always and Forever site ...?

~fadagaski~

http://always.ejwsites.net

EXCELLENT Elijah site!

Ahhh. Thank you.

I discovered something about myself the other day. I'm not really a fan of Elijah. Shock horror!

~fadagaski~

NOT AN ELIJAH FAN?!? But you still like him right? I think he's just one unique guy... His Mama did a good job bringing him up!

He's a good actor, but the recent movies he's chosen don't seem to be particularly to my taste. Not his fault, of course! So yeah, I like what we see of him on the silver screen, but not a fan. I'm Sean Bean's fan, I think.

I don't know. What do you define as a fan? I mean, I like Forrest Gump, The Sixth Sense and A.I. Does that mean I'm a fan of Haley Joel Osment? Is that even allowed? The kid is ... 2 years younger than me (according to IMDB). I also don't own any film merchandise whatsoever, and I'm not crazy over anyone.

There's a question for you all to answer. What defines an actor/film fanatic?

~fadagaski~

That's a very interesting question. And I wonder what makes us want to be a fan. What is our motivation? Ok we like the person we are a fan of but what about them? Is it admiration for their work? Do we fancy them? We don't know these people personally so what is the attraction?

I was trying to work out why I paid £20 for a guy to scribble his name on a picture & travelled all the way to MK for the priviledge. Couldn't really work it out. I must be mad.

Any thoughts?

Answering my own question is probably not the healthiest thing, but what the hell!

Partly, I think I actually queued up for those 4 precious autographs because these were Famous People in Milton Keynes. It's a big thing for a small town gal (not originally from here).

Partly I think it was something to do with thousands of people squashed into such a small space being so excited about it all. We're pack animals by nature, we have the ability (somewhat muted now) to sense what others are thinking and feeling. This is how we end up with mass-hysteria, mass-paranoia. What a large group feels is likely to affect those around.

Partly, I think the Famous Person deal is a modern phenomena that has yet to be studied in detailed. Before, when the world was restricted to the confines of your parish boundary, everyone knew everyone else. Now that the world is grown so much bigger, those few faces we all recognise tie us together so that we are not so alone in our expanding race.

Partly, I think it's something from our past. The chief warrior in the tribe was known by all, and was most desirable. Or like a King or high noble, who tossed out copper coins to his subjects.

Partly, I think that, with that thought in mind, it is almost religious. Holy Relics, from the Shroud of Turin to the Holy Prepuce, are all sacred because of their connections to someone so much better than ourselves.

Partly, I think I shouldn't have dropped Psychology - I would have made for an interesting coursework project.

~fadagaski~

Well by not going into so much detail as Fadagaski, I have no clue whatsoever why we are fans. Seriously, I was a big fan of Star Wars (still am but I was only a massive fan for a short period so I didn't find out too much about it). Then I became a huge Harry Potter fan (had my own Harry Potter Halloween party and all). Then my best mate introduced me to the world of Middle Earth and I haven't looked back since. The world that Tolkien made completely took my breath away and it was emphasized by Peter Jackson brilliant insite (Btw Happy Birthday PJ!). I've been a fan of Tolkiens and Jackson's work now for the past 3 years. But why am I?!?! I don't think my admiration for Star Wars and Harry Potter could ever compete with my love for LotR!

I just think I love fantasy films in general - but come on LotR Rules!!!

I have to agree with that. My LOTR ... obsession, for lack of a better word, has far surpassed my love of BTVS or HP. Which is strange, because I don't write fanfic for LOTR, I haven't bought any of the merchandise (I, personally, don't own the films or the books, much to my shame!), but I think about it more than the other two. Maybe because it is so much bigger?

~fadagaski~

I'd like Elijah back coz i didnt get a pic with him :rolleyes:

but if i may add 1 more very importnt person, Billy .B , i didnt get to see him , sig' from him not even Q for him ..i wasn't at c-4 :P

Andy is a sweet hart so if you can get him just do it <heheh> and this time when he tells me he remmbers me from some place , he realy will :-)

Edited by Nili

I have to agree with that. My LOTR ... obsession, for lack of a better word, has far surpassed my love of BTVS or HP. Which is strange, because I don't write fanfic for LOTR, I haven't bought any of the merchandise (I, personally, don't own the films or the books, much to my shame!), but I think about it more than the other two. Maybe because it is so much bigger?

~fadagaski~

dont worry it's only the begining <bahahahaha> ;-)

I started the same , when i 1st read the book ( i was 12 years old) and i thught that's all i need .but then came Bakshe movei ...and then came this ...

but you knew what every one who nkew me ( incloding perents) say 1 thing , that i'm lucky to have this wounderfull world to escap to from time to time:-)

Why am I fan? Because I owe it to everyone who helped on the movies!

I hadn't read LotR until I saw the films - I'd read the Hobbit but I got LotR out the library once but the font was so small and I'm a little long-sighted so I couldn't read it! Didn't even occur to me to try and find another book!

But then I saw the film... and more importantly... the EE DVD and I just was in so much awe! These guys had put so much into the movie. Whether it was designing, building, acting, writing, directing, or whatever! Everyone put so much into it - I felt compelled to become a fan! So I did... started reading the books... became more obsessed! Starting buying posters... and now I come out with all these LotR quotes all the time and Hobbit quotes... But Its so fun! I dont think I'll ever not like it!

why are we fans and why do we collect..interesting questions :

collecting : I think for most of us it gives the sense that we , in a smole way, are part of ..what ever we collect -lotr ,SW ,ST doesn't mater ,

but then what of ppl who collect napkins or dolls ?

collecting in it's self is interesting, why do we do that ,we can't keep it forever , so way bather ?

perhaps looking at it in another way will help - as collators , what do we feel when looking at our collection ? das it distract us , even for 1 minuet from our daily rutin ? das it make us happy when sad ? das it help to bust our ego infront of friens ?

Ask your selves thows qustions ,and see what the answes are:-)

Btw : why do we take photos ? it's to remmber and keep a momnet we treshur , dasn't mater if it's our child , cat , a wounderfull land scape ,it's to have that moment a littel bit more ..we'r just not so good at letting go :-)

and some collect cos of what it'll be worth 1 day.

what makes a person a fan : that is a hard question:

I have read tolkiens works (not just LOTR ) since I was 12 , I knew enaf to have a good conversation , argue ( when needed-and win ;-0) writ an essay , even give a lecture

so way is that different from a person who can solve math problems or give a lecture about quantum physics ? why don't we call that person a math fan ?

just some qustions :-0 that might help us understand a it more

But the most importent thing is the fact that we injoy it , it dasn't harm any one ,and we feeil it gives a littel more colore to our lifes ..no mater how wounderfull and amzing thay alredy are :-)

Edited by Nili