Chris Masters Released by WWE

AJ Jones

From WWE.com:

WWE has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Chris Masters. We wish Chris the best in all his future endeavors.

Having just started a 60 day suspension, it is no surprise that the WWE has done this. It is technically his third disciplinary issue, but the first one he wasn't suspended but sent to rehab. Personally, I think he was as wasted as Lex Luger was in the Narcissus gimmick - one they obviously copied with Marsters.

I am glad he has gone as he is reputed to be rather egotistical. During the recent UK tour he ignored the match run through and didn't sell a battered arm after the Taker worked on it. The Taker was yelling at him for ages before working him with stiff punches that bust his nose up. He then sold the arm injury!!

he had nothing else left to prove so it's better off him being released, he was only famous for his masterlock challange til someone broke it........then what now its broken what's the point, sure he could have won some championships, but i wouldn't like to see him as a champion (in my opinion)

all i can say is HAHA

i had heard he was a really nice guy, if u see him outside a show he will sign for anyone for ages

The egotistical part was in the ring and in the back. Some word coming down the pipe is that he loved his muscles just a little too much.

Monkey King...the problem with the rather old and bulls*it Masterlock Challenge is that it has been used numerous times before in the WWE/WWF. Masters is a one trick pony with his size. Maybe someone who can perform in the ring will get the spot that Masters was given.

he had nothing else left to prove so it's better off him being released, he was only famous for his masterlock challange til someone broke it........then what now its broken what's the point, sure he could have won some championships, but i wouldn't like to see him as a champion (in my opinion)

all i can say is HAHA

The main point for someone gettting a belt around their waist is to build up their character. He coudl have held every title simultaneously and made no improvement in his ring character. He could have been better used than the Masterpiece persona.

Edited by AJ Jones

• Moderators

They won't go to one brand - having the ECW/Smackdown talent co-op isn't really a big deal as there's not that many people on the ECW roster anyway, and it's just the usual Survivor Series 'everyone can appear everywhere' deal with the elimination match, so it's not happening any time soon.

They won't go to one brand - having the ECW/Smackdown talent co-op isn't really a big deal as there's not that many people on the ECW roster anyway, and it's just the usual Survivor Series 'everyone can appear everywhere' deal with the elimination match, so it's not happening any time soon.

David, I am only going on interviews and indications from people within the WWE. I have been fortunate enough to get the full transcripts of public conference calls, and the head of USA - Bonnie Hammer - has been pressurising Vince McMahon to up his game. Especially as Spike TV have gone public with their desire to put TNA Impact head to head with Raw.

Jim Ross has indicated in his blogs for some time that the one brand is being worked to in the future as the depth of talent does not warrent the 3 brands we have now. He said that the only downside is that opportunities for people to get into the company will be limited when it goes to a single brand. The ECW/Smackdwon talent exchange, s I have mentioned elsewhere as well, was done because of the lack of ECW talent. The WWE is in a bad position at the moment, probably it's weakest for some years, with both sponsers and the networks alike. It's product is predictable and poor compared to several years ago.

The Single Brand is not something that will happen over night. I am fully aware of the usual Survivor Series invasions of brands as I have followed wrestling for nigh on 20 years and am currently working on a project for a business course I am starting that studies the business workings of the WWE as a company rather than an entertainment brand. The ECW/Smackdown exchange was spoken about for many months before it happened as it was part of the talks for the renewal of the TV contract.

From a business point of view, with all of the scandals that have rocked the WWE in the last few years, the movement towards a single brand in one form or another is vital. You have many prospective headliners retiring in the coming 12 to 18 months, or going down to a part time schedule. A lot of the younger talent cannot carry a world title at the moment and that is a huge problem for the future of the WWE. So, having 3 main titles, two tag titles and two further titles is something that they cannot sustain for much longer. If you look at TNA, it is able to bring new teams/singles into title contention without a problem. And, at anytime they can slot a main eventer back into the mix without any bother.

Edited by AJ Jones

David, I am only going on interviews and indications from people within the WWE. I have been fortunate enough to get the full transcripts of public conference calls, and the head of USA - Bonnie Hammer - has been pressurising Vince McMahon to up his game. Especially as Spike TV have gone public with their desire to put TNA Impact head to head with Raw.

Jim Ross has indicated in his blogs for some time that the one brand is being worked to in the future as the depth of talent does not warrent the 3 brands we have now. He said that the only downside is that opportunities for people to get into the company will be limited when it goes to a single brand. The ECW/Smackdwon talent exchange, s I have mentioned elsewhere as well, was done because of the lack of ECW talent. The WWE is in a bad position at the moment, probably it's weakest for some years, with both sponsers and the networks alike. It's product is predictable and poor compared to several years ago.

The Single Brand is not something that will happen over night. I am fully aware of the usual Survivor Series invasions of brands as I have followed wrestling for nigh on 20 years and am currently working on a project for a business course I am starting that studies the business workings of the WWE as a company rather than an entertainment brand. The ECW/Smackdown exchange was spoken about for many months before it happened as it was part of the talks for the renewal of the TV contract.

From a business point of view, with all of the scandals that have rocked the WWE in the last few years, the movement towards a single brand in one form or another is vital. You have many prospective headliners retiring in the coming 12 to 18 months, or going down to a part time schedule. A lot of the younger talent cannot carry a world title at the moment and that is a huge problem for the future of the WWE. So, having 3 main titles, two tag titles and two further titles is something that they cannot sustain for much longer. If you look at TNA, it is able to bring new teams/singles into title contention without a problem. And, at anytime they can slot a main eventer back into the mix without any bother.

:dance::band::eek::eek::eek::unsure::blink: whao thats a big post