Taxi prices

daohn

I was wondering if someone here know the taxi prices in London. Is it expensive?

Im traveling from the docklands, and how much would i pay to go to earls court?

taxi prices are very expensive....the docklands to Earls Court is quite a distance and would set you back maybe twenty quid or more in a black cab....you'd be better off taking the docklands light railway then the underground!

I'm not sure about the actual taxi prices, but knowing London traffic a standard taxi would cost you quite some money.

Are you arriving at London City Airport? Maybe you could check the web for a pre-booked car or limousine service from the airport to Earls Court. That's still going to be expensive, but definitely cheaper than getting a taxi at the airport.

I was wondering if someone here know the taxi prices in London. Is it expensive?

taxi prices are very expensive....the docklands to Earls Court is quite a distance and would set you back maybe twenty quid or more in a black cab....you'd be better off taking the docklands light railway then the underground!

I would think significantly more than twenty quid.

There's a rough guide here (http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/taxisandminicabs/taxis/1140.aspx), and the detailed tariff here (http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/taxisandminicabs/taxis/taxifares/4870.aspx)

According to google maps, the distance between London City Airport, which is in Docklands, and EC1 is about 13.1 miles or about 21.1 km.

Assuming that you're making your journey on Saturday or Sunday. That puts you on tariff 2

Tariff 2

For any hiring either during Monday to Friday between 20:00 and 22:00 or during Saturday or Sunday between 06:00 and 22:00, other than on a public holiday:

* For the first 252 metres or 54.2 seconds (whichever is reached first) there is a minimum charge of £2.20

* For each additional 126.0 metres or 27.1 seconds (whichever is reached first), or part thereof, if the fare is less than £17.20 there is a charge of 20p

* Once the fare is £17.20 or greater then there is a charge of 20p for each additional 108.8 metres or 23.4 seconds (whichever is reached first), or part thereof

£2.20 gets you the first 252 metres.

75 lots of twenty pence, is 15 quid, which takes you up to £17.20. That's moved you along 75 lots of 126 metres, or 9450 metres in total.

So, that leaves you 21,100 meters minus that first 252, minus another 9450, so that's another 11,398 metres to go. At 20 pence for each 108.8 meters (or a pound per 544 metres).

Since there are approximately 21 lots of 544 metres in that remaining 11.398 km, that's another twenty-one quid, on top of your £17.20.

So basically, if you get a straight drive all the way and never get caught in traffic once, it'll cost you about £38. More realistically, given the traffic in London on a Saturday or Sunday, we're talking somewhere between forty and fifty quid.

I would think significantly more than twenty quid.

There's a rough guide here (http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/taxisandminicabs/taxis/1140.aspx), and the detailed tariff here (http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/taxisandminicabs/taxis/taxifares/4870.aspx)

According to google maps, the distance between London City Airport, which is in Docklands, and EC1 is about 13.1 miles or about 21.1 km.

Assuming that you're making your journey on Saturday or Sunday. That puts you on tariff 2

Tariff 2

For any hiring either during Monday to Friday between 20:00 and 22:00 or during Saturday or Sunday between 06:00 and 22:00, other than on a public holiday:

* For the first 252 metres or 54.2 seconds (whichever is reached first) there is a minimum charge of £2.20

* For each additional 126.0 metres or 27.1 seconds (whichever is reached first), or part thereof, if the fare is less than £17.20 there is a charge of 20p

* Once the fare is £17.20 or greater then there is a charge of 20p for each additional 108.8 metres or 23.4 seconds (whichever is reached first), or part thereof

£2.20 gets you the first 252 metres.

75 lots of twenty pence, is 15 quid, which takes you up to £17.20. That's moved you along 75 lots of 126 metres, or 9450 metres in total.

So, that leaves you 21,100 meters minus that first 252, minus another 9450, so that's another 11,398 metres to go. At 20 pence for each 108.8 meters (or a pound per 544 metres).

Since there are approximately 21 lots of 544 metres in that remaining 11.398 km, that's another twenty-one quid, on top of your £17.20.

So basically, if you get a straight drive all the way and never get caught in traffic once, it'll cost you about £38. More realistically, given the traffic in London on a Saturday or Sunday, we're talking somewhere between forty and fifty quid.

thats why i said twenty quid or more....twenty quid being a starting price....