Party Themes

slaycandy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the suggestion for Hayden to sing has been mentioned, but what about Grega and his band playing also, me thinks a great idea!

What is a good theme we could decide on so that if hayden comes she can wear something similar to the fancy dress she had on in Munich!

mmmmmm Yummy

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this on the LJ community, but it was suggested I post it here as well. PIdeas for party themes (other than heroes/villains and jocks/cheerleaders):

- Maybe something with Powers?

- Or a Hiro theme where we can dress up from different periods in time? (past, present, future).

I love the japanese theme too!

I mean, there are some people (like us...) who are kind of...much older... :D

And really, i can't even think of myself in a Cheerleader suit you see...So it would be nice to have one party out of 3 that is more ...open... to all ages..thx to think about that :(

Edited by leana

• Showmasters Admin

I love the japanese theme too!

I mean, there are some people (like us...) who are kind of...much older... :stretcher:

And really, i can't even think of myself in a Cheerleader suit you see...So it would be nice to have one party out of 3 that is more ...open... to all ages..thx to think about that :whistling:

That was why it was suggested that the 'Jocks & Cheerleaders' party be 'Homecoming' so that you can choose to come as anything to do with Homecoming, whether it is a Jock a Cheerleader, or formal-wear...... I had a friend who said she was going to come as Carrie if it was done as 'Homecoming'.

The poll about the J&C party was to see whether people wanted it to ne the narrower idea of JUST Jocks & Cheerleaders or, of they wanted it to be more open. I personally won't be running around in a cheerleader uniform, and so will most likely be wearing my prom dress to this evening instead (if it becomes Homecoming).

But other more open themes would be a good idea. The idea of 'Past, Present & Future' I think is certainly open ot interpretation and could allow for those who may not normally dress up, to do so. It basically incoporates all your recent era's like 50's, 60's and 70's that are popular party themes, as well as allowing for more diverse costumes from older periods such as victorian clothing, etc.

The Japanese theme sounds quite interesting too as can also be done in a number of ways, I'm just not sure what costumeI'd do for it! Must start thinking in case this one is voted in, :BRUISED:

SJ

xox

I like the Japanese and the ninjas/pirates one--but then again, I love any excuse to wear my karate uniform outside of the dojo. =D Of course, I wouldn't be able to wear my rank as I would probably be demoted for doing so faster than you can say "fukyugata ichi," but I'm sure I could procure a white belt for the event. ;D We could also do, similar to the cheerleader/jock thing (since I rather abhor football and all the Claires in the world could not change my mind on cheerleading), a general sports thing. Because, hey, Claire now plays badminton (which is totally hard-core, by the way) and Lyle is in Tae Kwon Do. Can't ignore Lyle and season-two-Claire.

I am also in support of the "let's pretend we work at a dubiously five-star dinner theatre" idea, as I do a mean impression of a buskid. XD

You can never go wrong with zombie. Zombie helps with shy people like me because it negates all necessity of conversation--it is perfectly acceptable to stand around and go "Nnnnnnn" all night, which I'm sure is what most people hear when I talk, anyways. >>

Instead of doing Rocky Horror Show, we could always just do plain old crossdressing. I had a crossdressing party and even though I was the only person with a painted-on mustache, it was still fun to see what people came in, even if they only threw on a suit-coat and left it at that.

...and now the stupid questions from abroad :headscratch:

Just went to my new dictionary and at last found out what meant 'Homecoming'...Until now,for me, it meant going -back -home- at -night- after- having- worked- all- day -long...

I just understood it was one of those strange american habits of regressing to a teenager age when you are an adult :poki: nah: only joking :YAHOO:

So i take that those grown-ups must wear something special for that occasion as you propose it for a party? What kind of stuff? A kind of uniform? or maybe like the people in the ball one can see on movies like Carrie?

Or is it the same party: the ball at the end of the year and Homecoming stuff?

:thumbup: Every occasion to have fun right? :dance:

And the last but not least stupid question: What is a jock? like in jocks/cheerleaders?

I thought it was a card (the jocker: a useful one!..) but obviously it's like a male cheerleader? Must be fun: I'd love to see that :P

Sorry about our lacks in american 'culture' , we're trying to catch up!!!;)

Leana:

"Homecoming" is indeed a party in highschool (it's the party Claire wants to go to in the "Homecoming" episode where she would've been crowned Homecoming queen). Girls are dressed up nicely (dresses), boys in suits.

A jock is someone playing sports. So like a football player :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I only just joined the forums now, or I would have backed the Japanese themed idea earlier. There are many Japanese fans over the world, so maybe a theme set in Japan in the time of Kensei would be good. With traditional kimonos and such.

Probably too late to make suggestions now anyway. :whistling:

I only just joined the forums now, or I would have backed the Japanese themed idea earlier. There are many Japanese fans over the world, so maybe a theme set in Japan in the time of Kensei would be good. With traditional kimonos and such.

Probably too late to make suggestions now anyway. :D

I'd so be in for that <3 I'm off to Japan on the 30th so I could buy something to wear and be all prepared XD

I'm not so hot for the cheerleading idea... it's quite... well... quite centred. There isn't a broad range of dressup ideas for it really now, is there? There's really only one look to a cheerleader and only one real look for a jock. At least with the Japanese theme there are heaps of different ways to dress - but I think I'm slightly biased so maybe I should just hush ^^ Homecoming would be better - or just School Time Dramas and leave it open to interpretation or something. That way you could dress as anything...

I just think we need broader themes suggested so everyone can find something they're comfortable with to wear ^^

I like the Superheroes vs Supervillians idea as that's got heaps to choose from.

Or a simple masqurade party is always fun. A little hard though, but fun.

Supernatural vs... Science? lol I don't know, what's something that can vs the supernatural?

Maybe just TV Shows in general for one?

It's haaaaard to come up with more suggestions ^^;

I like the Past vs Present idea though...