More Buffy, Firefly and Angel Guests!?

Buffy_Angel

Yeah i know i may be in the minority here but i would and did pay £300 to see buffy guests and would again for some of the top ones or a good mixed event. The event in question (no i wont name it SM) which was here 3 years ago sold out within a day and yes people did pay that money and they sold 800 tickets and i think you'll find for a good con people would again. I wont even start on prices abroad for cons or cruises etc with guests loads more than here we are lucky.

Anyway of you add up what you would spend at a LFCC or Collectormania or other event work out how much you spend on autos and photos and you see how it all adds up even if you say you wouldnt spend that much on guests. Its scary how it all adds up. I think if you start collecting and getting into something you have to be prepared to spend a lot of money.

i know we all like different things and shows come and go, just lucky i like one with staying power unlike many which will come and go, the beauty of liking cult shows. Sure all Dr Who and Star Trek fans would agree as well.

Edited by buffy2k

I understand all the opinions :wub: , but ...don't forget that a lots of people are coming to the Showmasters Events to see the few Buffy/Angel actors who are there... and they discover new TV shows because they want to meet Buffy/Angel actors and they discover actors of others TV shoms during the events... (i'm the

Absotively! If it wasn't for Buffy I wouldn't have discovered Angel, Firefly and the great Joss Whedon or moved on to all the other lovely lovely sci fi's with lovely lovely people to meet at these conventions.

absolutely, and with this fandom i have found its so much more its the forums and meeting new friends who are incredibly loyal to both the shows and each other travelling thousands of miles for a con and to see each other. I have a lot of friends who have discovered an interest in other shows from coming to buffy/angel events too - always nice to come to see "our lot" as we call the buffy/angel cast and throw in a few other guests as well. Its been great fun.

hi Daniel

This is of course true i was just making a point that buffy fans are devoted and would and have paid whatever to see the guests so the fandom is alive and well. Unfortunately if you ever go abroad all the cons are extremely expensive yet always sell out. (r we all mad or what!)

Yes i know you go to the other events as well as i do, and yes i always love seeing any of the guests too from minor to main cast and i would happily to go anything with our guests showing up such as LFCC where i am only going to see Andy Hallett.

Maybe see you at LFCC if your going.

Nicky

Edited by buffy2k

I don't see why a Buffy con need be £300 (that con was stupidly overpriced). The Heroes con is £78 and most of the Buffy events I go to cost around that amount and they have still had great line-ups.

Perhaps the one who said £300 thought to a Buffy event in octobre 2004 with (near) all the greatest stars of Buffy :poki: ... but we will not tell the name of the event on this forum :D

Of course £300 is overpriced ;);)

I mentioned this event in 2004, you obviously know the one i mean (no names mentioned)and it was a once in a lifetime chance to be with my two fave men for a couple of days, - may not be everyones idea of good value but for my photos with my two faves it was well worth it, so glad i went to this though and all my buffy cons.

i think i paid well over this amount at C11 in May probably 4 figures in total for the week leading up to and including this event.

If the right guests were there i'd pay it again, call me mad if you will. My life is ruled by all things Buffy related has opened up a whole new world for me with new friends, forums, events, fancy dress parties etc.

just have to do extra work to keep paying for it all, thats not the fun part!

nicky

Edited by buffy2k