• Showmasters Admin

LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT Sadie Eden

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope Reegesk/rat face

reegesk_sm.jpgranat04.jpg

An American Werewolf in London

Willow - Stunt Double

Nightbreed - Stunts

The World Is Not Enough - Stunts

LOL. Nice one. Hey I love, love , love star wars but the number of Star wars guests at this event is starting to get just a little silly ;-) I think the other guys get the message about who know how to organise a star wars show - they suck, showmasters rule :-) Still, ill be meeting all of them and getting a few autos. Just wish i hadn't spent £50+ on tickets for a certain another london show.

• Moderators

i have read on a couple of other websites that she also played garindan can anyone verify/quash this?thanks

I have spoken to Sadie a number of times over the years, and she has never claimed to be anything but the Rat in the Cantina. I also have several letters from her stating that this was the only character she ever played, and I know that she has sent similar letters to people who have sent her Garindan pictures. The fact that she has signed these pictures is merely a matter of courtesy, and should not be taken as any sort of indication that she played the part.

I hope that lays this one to rest finally.

:whistling:

Graham

thanks very much graham your help with guests and questions is much appreciated i also read that peter diamond was an atat driver but you also confirmed he didn't do that.There is so much information and a lot differs i read anthony forest was djas puhr but when i asked him he said no.I do have 2 questions that have bugged me for a while the first is regarding rusty goffe as kabe i have always belived him to be this character but i have some pretty strong evidence that maybe not or he was switched at the last minute or something.i have a call sheet for the cantina rusty is listed as a jawa and gilda cohen as the bat i also have a letter from john mollo listing the actors next to little drawings of them rusty is not listed at all (although he has left jawas,stormtroopers and the band)but the actor he has listed on the bat is barry gnome!(and gilda cohen as little aunt beru)and the second question i have is do you know which leia in rotj mrs allen stood in for i did ask her at collectormania but she said it was so long ago she couldn't remember it wasn't really the specific scene but more which outfit/stage of the film it was at any ideas? sorry to be a pest but its great to finally answer some questions that have been bugging me for a while

I have never heard of rusty goffe playing kabe.

thanks very much graham your help with guests and questions is much appreciated i also read that peter diamond was an atat driver but you also confirmed he didn't do that.There is so much information and a lot differs i read anthony forest was djas puhr but when i asked him he said no.I do have 2 questions that have bugged me for a while the first is regarding rusty goffe as kabe i have always belived him to be this character but i have some pretty strong evidence that maybe not or he was switched at the last minute or something.i have a call sheet for the cantina rusty is listed as a jawa and gilda cohen as the bat i also have a letter from john mollo listing the actors next to little drawings of them rusty is not listed at all (although he has left jawas,stormtroopers and the band)but the actor he has listed on the bat is barry gnome!(and gilda cohen as little aunt beru)and the second question i have is do you know which leia in rotj mrs allen stood in for i did ask her at collectormania but she said it was so long ago she couldn't remember it wasn't really the specific scene but more which outfit/stage of the film it was at any ideas? sorry to be a pest but its great to finally answer some questions that have been bugging me for a while

Rusty Goffe signed a Kabe trading card for me at an event last year and had 8' x 10's of the character, as well as the Gonk droid and a jawa he played. It would be strange for him to have pictures of a character he didn't play.

yep i know just wanted some sort of confirmation if possible.Saying that he did have a picture of the gonk that gets tortured in jabbas palace in jedi although he said that wasn't him(he wasn't even in jedi)they still had him signing it

Other actors have said "that wasn't me" when presented with pictures of characters they were thought to have played. I assume he would have done the same. In any case, he was advertised as having played Kabe and is listed as such on IMDB (assuming their info is correct!).

imdb is not the most reliable they had mike edmonds as in rots when it came out i asked him as i thought it weird he wasn't and very soon after that it was changed still hopefully graham can shed some light of course call sheets are wrote and costumes made before being shot so anything could change

• Moderators

Ok, firstly, Rusty Goffe as Kabe. As far as I know the first time Rusty was listed as Kabe was at Celebration 2. Before this he had claimed to be 'other aliens and robots' in the films but nobody had ever taken the time to work out which one. Since being identified, he has consistently claimed it was him and tells a few stories about being on the set. However, many people get confused because of the John Mollo information (originally taken from his costume designs) which states that Barry Gnome played Kabe. It is highly likely that Barry Gnome was originally cast to play Kabe in the Cantina. However, during the production Stuart Freeborn (Creature Designer and Make-Up artist) fell ill before all the cantina creatures had been finished. The scenes were subsequently delayed, and many of the artists had to move on to other projects they were already signed up for. So by the time it came to shooting the scenes, many of the actors who the costumes had been designed for were no longer on the production. Other actors were brought in, the costumes/masks adjusted, and the scenes were shot. That deals with the Mollo problem. The call sheet is far more interesting, as that would have been produced very close to the day of shooting. I had never heard of Gilda Cohen playing Kabe before, but a bit of digging around on the internet indicates that she played Kabe for one day of the shoot. No decent source on that though, so I guess the mystery continues a little... Try asking Jason. In the meantime I will do some more digging.

As far as which scenes Mrs. Allen stood in for Carrie, I have no idea, and without call sheets or any detailed memories from her it's impossible to say for sure, but we can make an educated guess. Stand ins are there to sit on the set for hours on end while the lighting people get everything set up, so the star can just pop accross from his/her trailer, shoot the scene and run back. Now, we know Mrs. Allen never flew to the states to film, so you can discout most of the exteriors on endor and all the sail barge exteriors. That just leaves interiors of Jabbas Palace, the rebel briefing room, ewok village and bunker interiors. As we know Mrs. Allen was on set during the filming of the first two, and Yoxgit is only in one of Leia's Jabba Palace scenes, those two would be my guess.

Hope that is of some use, sorry I couldn't be more precise.

Graham

tee-hee,i love it when you guys use the word 'played' to describe the performance of a background extra,done up in a costume where their face is obscured,and where in most cases the performance amounts to little more than standing and catching the light.

i'll definitely be getting a few of these autos,though...

good work,SM!

:P

Edited by jamie1138

• Moderators

tee-hee,i love it when you guys use the word 'played' to describe the performance of a background extra,done up in a costume where their face is obscured,and where in most cases the performance amounts to little more than standing and catching the light.

i'll definitely be getting a few of these autos,though...

good work,SM!

;)

What word would you use?