vince mcmahon

monkeyking

we have all witnessed the death of the wwe chairman due to an alleged car bomb in vinces limo at the very end of the wwe draft on raw on june 11th. with deep sympathy to the mcmahon family we hope the chairman rests in peice and bring hope to the wwe wrestlers in the future :(

sorry to the people who have read this and thought how much of a mong this guy is for posting something thats is clearlly fake and how very gulible this guy is. i only posted this because i wanted to see the reaction and the replys people could give to this subject. i can't help it if i'm a HUGE fan of WWE/TNA/ECW/CZW or THE WRESTLING CHANNEL for that matter. i would know and you would know yourselves deep down you would have done the same ^_^:rolleyes::lol:

Edited by monkeyking

yeah you say that but have you seen the amount of tributes left at Stamford Head Quarters? They have had hundreds of phonecalls too aparantly

Not everyone is aware that this and other story lines are infact that, stories.

I do admit I feel they are taking this too far now though. The bell tolls and the tributes with all the roster standing on stage, all just seems a little bizarre as they did this for Owen and Eddie and to do it for a storyline is a bit out of order I think!

I think the whole story line is so disrespectful, and if someone can explain it to me please do as i dont understand why the wwe are doing it its mad, im getting a little bored with it aT the mo.

I think i just watch to see what happens next :dance:

BRING TRIPS BACK AND QUICK I MISS HIM LOADS having withdrawels which is never good me thinks :wub::P:wub:

I think the whole story line is so disrespectful, and if someone can explain it to me please do as i dont understand why the wwe are doing it its mad, im getting a little bored with it aT the mo.

I think i just watch to see what happens next :dance:

BRING TRIPS BACK AND QUICK I MISS HIM LOADS having withdrawels which is never good me thinks :wub::P:wub:

It was 'MacMahon Appreciation night' as I recall, so the story will be that Vince set it up, so that people would appreciate him more, once he was gone. Not sure how long it will run for, but expect a 'miracle' at an upcoming PPV.

I don't have any objection to the story, except the timing has pretty much sucked, given the untimely demise of Sherri.

I think that they have taken the story way too far, Ive heard that radio stations in the US have put the story into the news bulletins, it's a shame that Sherri's untimely death has been over shadowed by this story line, I think that Vince will be back very soon and say oh it was all a joke.

I can remember people saying that Eddie Guerreros death was a publicity stunt so when the locker rooms paid their respect by holding silence etc you could see it was genuine so for Vince to do the same thing just to get extra ratings (which is all it is about) is sick.

It was 'MacMahon Appreciation night' as I recall, so the story will be that Vince set it up, so that people would appreciate him more, once he was gone.

Y'know, I was thinking the exact same thing, coz he knew no-one was gonna say anything nice about him while he's alive, so if he orchestrates his own "death", people will HAVE to say nice things about him

• Moderators

A few points:

1. It hasn't 'overshadowed' Sherri's death - her death has got the same amount of attention as any other ex-WWE talent that has died in recent years: a graphic on screen during the show, and then interviews etc on WWE.com. This has been no different, and would be the same whether they were doing the Vince angle or not.

2. I don't see it as disrespectful whatsoever. No moreso than any funeral in any storyline in any other programme. We've had movies about 9/11, the Holocaust, whatever else. Nothing is untouchable, and I genuinely don't see a problem with it.

Sorry but if there are people thick enough to believe in it, then that's their problem.

It doesn't take away from any of the genuine sentiment illustrated in past events such as those related to Owen Hart or Eddie Guerrero. Not one bit. I, along with many others, are fully capable of distinguishing between fiction and reality, and that's why they can do storylines like this.

As for Vince doing anything for ratings - well shame on him for being a businessman. Isn't that the point of every single television show?

A few points:

1. It hasn't 'overshadowed' Sherri's death - her death has got the same amount of attention as any other ex-WWE talent that has died in recent years: a graphic on screen during the show, and then interviews etc on WWE.com. This has been no different, and would be the same whether they were doing the Vince angle or not.

2. I don't see it as disrespectful whatsoever. No moreso than any funeral in any storyline in any other programme. We've had movies about 9/11, the Holocaust, whatever else. Nothing is untouchable, and I genuinely don't see a problem with it.

Sorry but if there are people thick enough to believe in it, then that's their problem.

It doesn't take away from any of the genuine sentiment illustrated in past events such as those related to Owen Hart or Eddie Guerrero. Not one bit. I, along with many others, are fully capable of distinguishing between fiction and reality, and that's why they can do storylines like this.

As for Vince doing anything for ratings - well shame on him for being a businessman. Isn't that the point of every single television show?

I can tell the difference between fact and fiction thank you, i dont mind the storyline to much what i think is wrong is having the wrestlers out going on about him and having them stand at the beginning of the show what the point in doing it for wrestlers who have died then doing as a storyline they could have played it a little differentley thats all :thumbup:

A few points:

TV shows like Coronation Street etc are not real. They are not presented as 'reality TV'. Wrestling is. Yes, people on this forum know it's fake, but it's PRESENTED as real. Comparing this to 9/11 etc is very poor taste as those things actually happened. Films/documentaries about them help people come to terms with what happened and express their feelings on the subject matters.

It does diminish the sentiment when there are sad events like the deaths of Owen and Eddie, because the wrestlers are forced to go through the same emotions. If they act like that for someone they know is fine, then how can you take them seriously at other times?

Yes, every TV show is out for ratings and yes, TV producers will go to increasing lengths for those ratings, but there is a moral line as to how far they can go. As an (extreme) example, would you say it would be ok for Vince to execute live kittens on stage if it increased ratings? So where is the line?

The storyline of the culprit is due to run up to the Great American Bash at the least, [possibly even Summerslam.

Triple H is out injured and due back for Summerslam

It is a storyline, and quite tame by WWE's standards. Everyone knows he is alive, and everyone knows that the 10 bell toll is for the story. To drag the sad departures of Eddie and Owen is not nice.

• Moderators

TV shows like Coronation Street etc are not real. They are not presented as 'reality TV'. Wrestling is. Yes, people on this forum know it's fake, but it's PRESENTED as real. Comparing this to 9/11 etc is very poor taste as those things actually happened. Films/documentaries about them help people come to terms with what happened and express their feelings on the subject matters.

It's not though. It's Sports Entertainment, not 'reality tv' at all. There's a huge difference, and it's not 'presented' as real. Do you think they'd sell 'I DID IT!' tshirts in relation to the Vince storyline if it were? It's a storyline, and quite obviously so, and if anyone says any different then they're just not understanding how it's done. If it's fine to make 'entertainment' about real things, I see no reason why this can't be done instead. Owen and Eddie didn't die in limo explosions, and just because they died while still in the business, it doesn't give an automatic link to why this is or isn't offensive. It's just an easy thing for people to fall back on when they want to moan about something. If Vince had dressed up as the Blue Blazer and jumped off the rafters to his death, that would be offensive obviously.

It does diminish the sentiment when there are sad events like the deaths of Owen and Eddie, because the wrestlers are forced to go through the same emotions. If they act like that for someone they know is fine, then how can you take them seriously at other times?

Because it's what they do - they act. In the ring, out of the ring, it's all an act. Therefore, it's quite easy to take them seriously when they're actually being serious. I have no problem with separating the two, and most others don't either. I'd not doubt ANYONE'S true sentiments just because they've acted out something similar, and there's no reason to. I highly doubt if there's another Owen/Eddie-like situation and programme, the majority of people will sit there and think 'oh they're all faking it cuz they did with Vince!' .. and if people do think that, they're stupid.

Yes, every TV show is out for ratings and yes, TV producers will go to increasing lengths for those ratings, but there is a moral line as to how far they can go. As an (extreme) example, would you say it would be ok for Vince to execute live kittens on stage if it increased ratings? So where is the line?

How do you go from a storyline 'death' of Mr McMahon to killing a living thing? Granted you said extreme example, but I don't see the link whatsoever. Torrie Wilson's dad 'Al' died during a storyline didn't he? No-one cared there. And Mr McMahon is still only 'presumed' dead anyway I believe. Kane's been burnt, Undertaker's tried to sacrifice people, HHH tried to have sex with a dead person. It's all absolutely fake, and even in this day and age some people just can't get their heads round that. Yes, there's an element of playing on 'reality' with the business, but it doesn't make it REAL.

This whole thing was just to get Vince off tv for a while.

While i think it is a bit much it is bringing in publicity and ratings which is what every businessman wants.

i hope they dont waste revealing the culprit on free tv tho, if they build it properly they could get a shed load of ppv buys off of this which is what they would rather have.

i hope it was Warrior and Savage.... maybe not

The storyline, which is more than likely being binned due to the passing of Chris Benoit, was forced by the heads of the Network to increase viewing figures. Vince has gone on record as sayign he wants a more UFC style definite finish, rather than the screw job finishes.