Lost Season 3 - 2 Hour Season Finale Discussion

DavidB

He also said the person was neither friend or family.

He said "EITHER". I rewound that bit a few times because I wan't sure ....

And what a crap beard for a show of Lost's callibre - at least Tom's was supposed to be fake !!

So the five deaths we expected were :

Underwater babe 1

Underwater babe 2

Tom

Naomi

Charlie

Patchy

:wub: Hmmm ..... one of them had to have lived ......

Also, with Charlie, he could have gotten out of the room and got Desmond to help him close the door, there was no real reason for him to seal himself in. If he and Des managed to close the door, that'd buy them time to get the scuba-gear on and go

You know what, I thought that! When he was standing looking at Mikhail waving the grenade at him I thought, "Why don't you get out of there, slam the door, grab a tank and mask and just go!!!!"

But, hey, what do I know about diving lol.

The other thing that spoilt the scene a bit for me (and I'm beng really pedantic here) was that Charlie didn't make the sign of the cross properly - that caught my attention. Granted, with vague recollection, I'm certain he couldn't really have used his left hand (although the film could have been reversed or something) but left hand or not, he definitely got it wrong. I'm surprised it wasn't picked up on during editing. Or maybe it was and they just didn't think it worth reshooting lol :wub:

Anyhoo :)

And what a crap beard for a show of Lost's callibre - at least Tom's was supposed to be fake !!

:D that seriously made me laugh for a long time :D

I'm not sure what to make of the finale either...once again we are left with tons of questions that need answering...makes my head hurt :thumbup:

I'm not convinced it was a flash forward...not in the sense that it's what happened after they were rescued...I can't see the writers giving it away that easily :dance: ...yet everything seems to point to that; the gold passes they got, the fact Jack and Kate met, the maps, the frequent flying...but who was the dead person?, and why was Jack speaking as though his dad was still alive.

Did anyone else notice that in Charlies flashback when he was busking and it started to rain..Naomi was standing in the crowd watching him?

..and what's with Naomi anyway...I mean who is/was she? She had a photo of Desmond, and knew about Penny..so was she an 'other' too?

Questions, questions..I know what you mean about people not asking questions...it bugs me too.

I mean, the smoke monster for instance...people have seen this and no one discusses it? I mean it killed Ekko for crying out loud :D

Oh well...onto the next season ;)

Edited by Strider

• Moderators

Well I didn't see Naomi myself, and I've not read anyone else saying they saw her so .. either you saw someone that looked like her, or we all missed something major!

Who are they supposed to ask questions to? They get lied to all the time, left right and center .. Kate and Juliet were together with the monster, and Juliet lied then too. No matter how much the Losties work together, there's always going to be an element of wondering who they can trust etc so it's no surprise they often keep stuff to themselves - especially with how divided they've been for the majority of this season.

And I don't see why they can't give away that they got off the island etc. It's the perfect way to shake things up - many people complained about how so many flashbacks added nothing to the story, and the episodes were getting ruined by sticking to that formula .. so why not change the game? Realistically it's not giving away a whole lot is it, as it presents so many MORE questions it doesn't exactly solve everything.

It's no longer DO THEY get off the island but HOW and WHY and everything else that happens in between. It's certainly spiked interest, and you wouldn't think that was possible if they'd said "oh hey, we're gonna show you that Jack and Kate get off the island at the end of S3!" but it was done in a very clever way.

Have the continuity people faced a bigger problem than Malcolm David Kelly hitting puberty ? He might as well have spoke like that spotty teenager in The Simpsons.

The bastion of accuracy that is IMDB have the first six episodes of series four listed already ..... and there's no mention of Mr Monaghan :D ......

• Moderators

I'd be interested to see if they ever have characters acknowledge Walt's obvious 'older' appearance - assuming he turns up again at some point. I'd guess they will as the producers do like to reference the thoughts of the fans.

As long as 'Walt' is actually the black smoke, anything's possible really.

I do expect Dominic to turn up a la Somerhalder/Grace etc in the future, likely in relation to Claire or Hurley perhaps.

Well I didn't see Naomi myself, and I've not read anyone else saying they saw her so .. either you saw someone that looked like her, or we all missed something major!

I think you all missed something major :thumbup: It was most definitely her..albeit a blink and you miss it appearance. Take another look ;)

Also, you misinterpret my earlier statement...I don't mean for them to be asking questions about the occurences to the others...I'm talking about the survivors themselves...no one discusses anything.

I don't know about you, but if I had just come face to face with a smoke monster or had it try and drag me down a hole...I sure as hell would be discussing it with my friends who had seen it too.

..and I'm still not convinced about the flashforward..after all, this is Lost :P

I have a question that's been puzzling me....among others.

Jack phones Kate ;) to meet in 'the usual place' so they've met

there before, but how is Kate :D driving around the country

with a gold airline pass when she's wanted by the police

for murder....she's very gulity.:thumbup:

She blew up her mothers boyfriend.

Any thoughts..... :D

:P

• Moderators

I think you all missed something major ;) It was most definitely her..albeit a blink and you miss it appearance. Take another look :D

Ahh I don't have the episode anymore .. and I've looked at screencaps in my usual places, and still can't see her :thumbup:

@ JM re:Kate .. perhaps a coverup, her freedom for her silence or something :P

I have a question that's been puzzling me....among others.

Jack phones Kate :WINCE: to meet in 'the usual place' so they've met

there before, but how is Kate ;) driving around the country

with a gold airline pass when she's wanted by the police

for murder....she's very gulity.:firedevil:

She blew up her mothers boyfriend.

Any thoughts..... ;)

:yoda:

Hi,

Maybe the reason he phones Kate to meet in the 'usual place' is because she is still on the run. Either that or they are having an affair, ('he'll be wondering where I am') behind Sawyers back.?!?!?!?!?

IMO This Flash forward is only tied to the scenario that they leave on the helicopter.

The next season will reveal how they undo this ending with Charlie's 'hand message' being the catalyst.

Another question..... :dance:

When Charlie switched off the blocking field a

transmission from Penny was the first thing it

picked up. There must be a thousand signals

flying around so why pennys, and it wasn't a

recording, it was a live feed. So was she trying

to contact Ben, as she has a very rich and

powerful father...... :YAHOO:

I think everyones parents are the key to it all.... :YAHOO:

:dance:

• Moderators

Penny 'found' the island (well, her workers detected an Electromagnetic Anomaly) at the end of Season 2, so she would've been trying to get through to whoever was there since then .. there wouldn't be that many direct signals, if any, seeing as the majority of people don't know where the island is - or for whatever reason, it's cloaked. But because of the failsafe being triggered in the hatch, perhaps it now has some sort of visibility *shrugs*

It is interesting to think how much Penny actually knows about the island, and why she'd be monitoring for electromagnetic activity etc, but it is feasible to think she'd be the first to get through. We don't know who else would try to contact the island after all. She obviously has the money to use the best equipment. I figure it's probably something to do with her father, and she uncovered stuff .. who knows. Maybe her dad sent Desmond there to keep him away from his daughter.

And it's not actually been that long between her finding the anomaly and contacting the island, even if it's been a year between finales for us!

Edited by DavidB

Yet another quick question...... ;)

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

From the finale we know that nothing could be transmitted

off the island because it was being blocked by the

underwater station, but when Hurley followed the

trail of the 'magic set of numbers' that won him the

lottery, didn't he find out that they were received

by a family over the radio as a "transmitted" distress

signal..... :WINCE:

Am I right or did I make this up...... :huh:

;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...