LESLIE NIELSEN

Frank Drebin

i would imagine he is quite expensive.

seth macfarlane wanted him to say two lines in the "Blue Harvest" episode but he charged too much so they just cut the lines from the Airplane movie itself...

i would love to meet him tho, add to my airplane auto

Resented by dufresne :

Someone needs to calm down ! You are getting worse than someone else with this recently. It’s one thing to blatantly plug / discuss SMs sworn rivals and other UK based “competitors†on here, it’s entirely another to dicuss an ongoing guest suggestion, IN CONTEXT, with information regarding that person’s availability, and their willingness to do cons.

An event on the other side of the planet is hardly a threat for goodness sake, and if it encourages or helps SM to get Leslie Nielsen or his fellow attendees at the particular event, then what’s the problem ?

But then you DO blindly moderate harmless references to events that happened several years ago and are no longer in operation – I think you are missing the point of this “ruleâ€. Pop out and buy yourself a little discression and common sense will you ?

Interpretations of the forum rules aside, I have two main problems with your edit :

1. please don’t talk down to me in that way;

2. if you must moderate my post, please leave the context, if not the link.

So …. without the link (apparently) …..

Leslie Nielsen is attending an American con in October, along with Linda Hamilton and several other bigger names requested on this forum. I believe that this may indicate Mr Nielsen’s availability and / or willingness (although attending an event in the UK may be less guaranteed at his age).

Edited by dufresne

Resented by dufresne :

Someone needs to calm down ! You are getting worse than someone else with this recently. It’s one thing to blatantly plug / discuss SMs sworn rivals and other UK based “competitors†on here, it’s entirely another to dicuss an ongoing guest suggestion, IN CONTEXT, with information regarding that person’s availability, and their willingness to do cons.

I have said this in another edit when this subject was touched recently. The forum rules say clearly

"Unfortunately we can not allow advertising for other events or businesses (blatant or otherwise!). This includes fan sites with links to other events or businesses, unless you have prior permission from Showmasters. Posts containing links or references to other events will be edited or deleted, and the same goes for signatures."

As long as Showmasters do not officially announce that this rule applies for UK events only, this means it's valid for any events in any country.

I'm "getting worse" because we got more and more posts about other events showing up here recently.

We all try to be not that strict on this rule. Usually I try to overlook when this happens, as long as it doesn't refer to a competitor in the UK.

Had you posted first the way you did now, I would have been okay with it.

However, you directly linked to another event's website. And this is definitely over the boundaries.

You obviously read indio's topic which I edited just out of the same reason, and some weeks ago you even commented yourself in another topic that talk about other events is not allowed.

That's why I "talked to you that way". I got the impression that you knew perfectly well what you are doing, and you were aware that you are violating forum rules.

I do not re-write other people's post, this has lead to too much discussion before.

Besides, I am not really sure what I should have rewritten, you only posted the link with a title "he's on the circuit" (or something similiar).

Edited by Queen_Sindel

As long as he doesn't take his radio mic into the toilet with him lol!

That was a brilliant scene from the first Naked Gun. :blink:

Would very much like to see Leslie Nielsen at Collectormania 14. I could get my Police Squad! DVD signed.