So what did everone think of WM23?

s.p.d.

Well, I didnt feel the whole event had the grand feel of some of the past, even last years! Also, was it not kind of odd that they moved the rumble winners championship match to about half way through??

But anyway, specifics.

Battle of the bilionaires was what i expected, a steaming pile.

Pleased about Taker having probably his last run.

Completley furious that HBK tapped out. Sad really, I really believed that the whole ALL GROWN UP thing was going to be reflected, but it seems not. Cant believe that not only did he lose to Cena but he tapped out.

I have nothing against Cena, but being a Michaels fan for well over 10 years (half of which he was retired for) and considering he is meant to be able to out perform anyone in big match situations, I for one dont think I can take anymore big losses!

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats better, I feel better after my rant. Thankyou

;)

I dont think it was that good a ppv, the money in the bank match was ok most of the time the wrestlers were on the floor lol.

The hair hair match was what i guessed it would be but i laughed all the way thru it so funny :huh: and stone cold looked good :blush:

Takers match was ok they really gave it alot surpised it was in the middle thou was a bit confused i mean it was the heavyweight match strange but hey this is wwe.

Was glad benoit kept his belt

Was very disappointed with HBKs match i mean tapping so quickley, he was in the ankle lock for ages and ages and still didnt tap i mean whats the deal cena has had that belt 3 years nearly its getting boring and you could tell that as the crowd were really pissed off about it, and you could here bulls*** shouts as cena tried to talk to shawn on the ramp, and what was with the entrance what a prat god cena does my head in.

And the others well they didnt intrest me to be honest, didnt think this WM lived up to many of the others wwe need to start thinking about what they are doing before putting on our screens.

Rant over calm coming back to me ;)

damn cena ;):blush: damn him to hell...HBK should have well won that match

Was rooting for Vinnie Mac to come out on top, and shave Trump's head (or lift it straight off), ah well, just proves you can't always get what you ask for

Kinda had a feelin' Mr. Kennedy was gonna win the MITB match

Well, I thought it was a good show, but some of the booking was entirely baffling to me.

World Heavyweight Champion Batista vs. Undertaker

Good enough match (as good as can be expected anyway!), although was it me or did the Undertaker seem disinterested???

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels

A good match, although HBK tapping out was an awful finish, this was just silly booking.

Battle of the Billionaires

Ok, the shenanigans outside the ring were hilarious - Umaga spitting on Vince (and Vince's reaction) during Lashley/Trumps Entrance, Trump clotheslining McMahon and the haircut were all brilliant.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Some decent stunts, but did anyone else think the exchanges were a little awkward?

ECW Originals vs. New Breed

Card Filler

Women's Champion Melina vs. Ashley

See above

Kane vs. The Great Khali

A decent effort, that powerslam was awesome too.

United States Champion Chris Benoit vs. MVP

One of the matches of the night for me!

Kane vs Khali.

Never thought I'd see such a blatant squash at The Showcase of the Immortals.

Money in the Bank.

Some nice spots, but overall was only ok.

Originals vs New Breed.

Wtf?! Was that just a pencil match or something? It hadn't even got going.

Benoit vs MVP.

I now have a very grudging respect for MVP, very good match.

Taker vs Batista.

One of my favourite matches, loved it.

Bint vs Bint.

Fell asleep.

Hair vs Hair.

Meh, mildly amusing.

Cena vs HBK.

Didn't see a lot of it - wasn't impressed at HBK tapping out though.

All in all, I liked the event, just not some of the stuff that happened.

RANT PART 2

Ok, so while spinning through it again today I noticed something very interesting..

'TEXT IN AND VOTE FOR WHO WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCHES'

mmmmmmmmmmmm, ok we have 2 options

1.) Results were changed to match the actual outcomes

2.) Match outcomes were changed to agree with vote results.

Chances of both being right are a little odd no? Especially since Cena gets boo'ed everywhere yet 59% of americans now wanted him to win over HBK who is coming off the back of DX.

(Do i sound a little bitter at all?)

Wonder if WWE would send me the individual results so I can see for myself!! :WINCE::thumbup:

• Moderators

I think it was along the lines of who do you think will win, rather than who you want to .. wasn't it?

A close vote between Cena and Michaels with Cena winning it doesn't surprise me as most people did expect him to win, even though they didn't want him to.

And most people wanted and expected 'Taker to win.

I thought it was ok. I really liked the 'Taker match, thought it was excellent and MVP/benoit was cool too.

I think my biggest issue was that it was all so predictable! I watched it with 3 mates and the only matches I didn't predict correctly were the LumberJill match (meh) and the ECW mess. There were no shocks, no twists, nothing that's really going to stick in my memory beyond...... what were we talking about again?!?

I thought it was ok. I really liked the 'Taker match, thought it was excellent and MVP/benoit was cool too.

I think my biggest issue was that it was all so predictable! I watched it with 3 mates and the only matches I didn't predict correctly were the LumberJill match (meh) and the ECW mess. There were no shocks, no twists, nothing that's really going to stick in my memory beyond...... what were we talking about again?!?

I was totally gutted that HBK didn't win and tapped out - I thought Shawn was greater thatn that. Though at least there wasn't all this "I never tapped out" business again..........

Undertaker was good, loved his entrance, reminded me of the good ol' days (where Shwan was more of a showboy too *sigh* lol) and I as pleased as punch he won

What I am a little ticked off about though is the amounts of repeats there are!! I mean god just how many times can you watch this thing huh?! I sat up on the Sunday and had a Wrestlemania party as the kids were off school, and we recorded it on DVD to keep (I mean just HOW much did we pay to only watch it once?) but sweet Mary it's on too much to treasure. Gone are the old days when it was on just once, there was a scramble to find a tape then your dad came in and turned it over for the news................

Still, I really enjoyed it. I though the edited bit at the end was neat, well done and made me smile that I'd actually managed to stay awake long enough to see it.

For some reason I now have Lex Luger's promo song "Hero" going round in my head from Summerslam ( no' ??) and I've got to go and find my tape to play it lol

Lisa x x

I thought the event was OK it was not the greatest that they have done,

I liked the benoit v MVP match :firedevil: I didn't realise he could put on a performance like that pity it's not every week

Cena v Michaels - pass I just fast forwarded to near the end of the match, Johnny One Move sorry I mean John Cena I don't like he appears to be ok on the mic but his wrestling abilities are very minimum.

Diva match what was the point?? Granted we all like looking at ladies but a bikini contest would of been better, based on internet reports Ashley was apparently very upset with the match and how it turned out. Someone must of passed her a video of the match and she realised she can't wrestle for toffee.

Undtaker v Batista - Glad Undertaker one for two reasons. 1 I like him keeping the Wrestlemaina streak going 2. Batista ain't that good a wrestler him and Cena should create a Tag-Team.

Money in the bank match - Some good points but at times they looked a little lost and what appeared to be some botched moves. Just glad Edge didn't win it.