Recording Wrestlemania to DVD-R

rickyparty

As much as I'd like to I can't stay up to watch Wrestlemania on Sunday and would like to record it to a DVD-R. I'm on Virgin Media and wondered if the signal is scrambled as it is for PPV Movies so that you can't record it to a DVD or does this restriction not apply to the sporting events as I think if they do block the signal for recording it's daft as it's on at such a stupid time.

Are they even showing it on Virgin Media after all the Cable/Sky issues?

• Moderators

The box office stuff isnt affected, so yes it is on .. better be anyway :thumbup:

As for the signal stuff, I'm really not sure. I had to record a few last year, and SOME were pretty messed up with the signal, yet some weren't .. so it's a bit of a pain ;)

That doesn't help at all I know :YAHOO:

Thanks DB, I'll see how I get on.

Better record though, Virgin Media doesn't show repeats like Box Office and after ordering it last year and thinking it started at 1AM then getting back to find it started at midnight and my £15 was for nothing I wasn't a very happy chappy ;)

• Moderators

Thanks DB, I'll see how I get on.

Better record though, Virgin Media doesn't show repeats like Box Office and after ordering it last year and thinking it started at 1AM then getting back to find it started at midnight and my £15 was for nothing I wasn't a very happy chappy :D

I'm taking Monday off so I'm gonna watch the repeat from 9am (they are usually anyway), as I'm not sure if I'd stay awake through the entire live one .. and I don't wanna spend all that money to fall asleep :P

Just to confirm, what time is WM starting this year?

From Midnight Rich.

I'm recording it aswell as watching it live, so if your Virgin Media attempt fails let me know and can always burn you a copy as we have sky.

Cheers Andy.

I'll let you know how I get on

Just a reminder for those planning on taping Wrestlemania - MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH SPACE!!!!Check your tape length - check your HDD capabilites - check your dvd recording ability and don't so what I did - put in a tape that you think is rewound but actually isn't, record with no sound (the scart was loose and only had picture) and REMEMBER TO TAKE OFF ANY SET SKY PLUS PROGRAMMES INCASE IT TURNS ITSELF OVER AND YOU GET PRISON BREAK HALF WAY THROUGH!!

So check list: -

Set your video to the same time as your Sky/VM box sao it records similtaniously.

Set your sky planner to turn over automatically.

Set your VCR and remember that it's a MONDAY start time (yes I've done that before to record on a Sunday as I messed up the VCR timing lol).

Check your tape is rewound or your DVD is a new one at the beginning ready to start recording.

Make sure you have enough space to record on.

Check your connections are tight.

I know I might sound like a mum in this post but believe me it's so easily done!!! I've been taping wrestling for over 26 years and just a simple mistake can be costly!!

Lisa.

As for recording onto a DVD there should be no problem with scrambled signals, I've never had any problems with playback to date so happy viewing!!

P.S I want Vince to loose his hair so bad as it'll grow back really grey and finally he might act his age!

Edited by BrandinsChick

Also,

for anyone who stayed up, paid for, and watched Wrestlemania, it *is* legal to also download it from a torrent site.

This is something I wasn't aware of untill a few days ago, but if you've paid to see the event, there is no legal difference between recording it on the night and downloading it afterwards.

ONLY if you've already paid though.

(I might finally get to see the Divas and HBK/Cena now, though I'm sure I didn't miss a hell of a lot ;-) )

Recording worked, which is a plus. I ended up staying up for a bit and making sure the DVD started recording, I was about to go to bed when MITB was the first match so watched that one. Know all the results but only watched MITB and Taker/Batista in full.

Great that Kennedy won, ruined my prediction but it makes a lot of sense and allows Kennedy to build up to a possible title match against Undertaker at some point hopefully Summerslam. Jeff's leap off the ladder with the legdrop onto Edge had me worried someone was hurt for real.

Went to bed when I noticed Khali/Kane was next.

I watched Undertaker vs Batista this evening as it was the first chance I got to watch anything I'd recorded. I really enjoyed the match, Taker's dive to the outside is still amazing to see. I think it's because he only busts it out on rare occasions. Hopefully these guys will get to close the Backlash PPV with Hell In A Cell or something because I think it should have been the last match on the show seeing as Taker won the Royal Rumble which leads to Mania.

From the highlights I've seen Kane slamming Khali looks really cool. Didn't think much of the brief bit of the Umaga/Lashley match. I'm fed up of Austin as a non-wrestler it just doesn't work at all. The Stunned on Trump was crap too but obviously Trump's fault.

Got to watch as much as possible tomorrow/Thursday night so I can give my brother the DVD to watch. Have to tell him to skip the Women's Title match though I've heard nothing good about it.

Please bring back Trish :P:YAHOO: