Gene Wilder for Autographica 10

leigh_thomas

gene wilder is a jerk. i met him at at a book signing and he wouldent even shake hands with anyone.

That's to do with his germ phobia though not because he hates his fans!

I found Gene to be really nice, had no problem posing for photos and signing extra items in additon to his book.

gene wilder is a jerk. i met him at at a book signing and he wouldent even shake hands with anyone.

who told you that rubbish

Well 'indio', shaking hands is a sign of trust and friendship, and seeing as the majority of your comments towards other people tend to be negative and occasionally, just occasionally, offensive, I doubt I would want to shake hands with you. Therefore the fact that Gene Wilder didn't want to shake your hand certainly doesn’t make him a jerk, it makes him a good judge of character.

By the way, I’m not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion, you are, it would just be nice if you could sometimes think of other people when posting said opinions!

gene wilder is a jerk.

leigh thomas you need help buddy

As a relative newcomer to these forums, I was wondering why you are a member here as you seem to dislike everything that anyone else writes. I am not saying that you do not make any positive posts, I just haven't seen any in the 5 months that I have been reading the forums. I was under the impression that the purpose of this website was to discuss the Showmasters events in a constructive and helpful way. Perhaps I was wrong.

Edited by ExLunaScientia

if people are possitive to me i am to them. its just anything i say possitive i get no feedback then if i complain about anything in a diplomatic way i then get all the so called do gooders run me down. all i want is to get along however what leigh thomas said about me i take as an insult.

if people are possitive to me i am to them. its just anything i say possitive i get no feedback then if i complain about anything in a diplomatic way i then get all the so called do gooders run me down. all i want is to get along however what leigh thomas said about me i take as an insult.

I never meant to sound insulting by what I said, sorry if that’s how it seemed, however I’m sure Gene Wilder would find someone who doesn't even know him calling him a jerk quite insulting! There's nothing diplomatic about calling people jerks.

Umm it is a fact
I looked at his profile on imdb but it never mentioned that but it did say his cancer is in relapse??

I would love to meet Gene if we can get him. That would be really great. He has alway struck me in interviews as such a quiet and modest man - most UNLIKE the characters he usually plays. Maybe, IF he does feel reluctant (and I did say '...if') to shake hands with folks, then it may just be a demonstration of this and not deliberate rudeness on his part. Just a thought.

Terrible news about his cancer though, the really sad part may be that, by the time SM is able to book him, he may be unwell or unable to travel. I do hope not. I have always been a fan, since SILVER STREAK.

• 4 weeks later...

anyone know if he will be doing his book signing thing in Manchester??

I’ve looked on the Waterstones web page and the only one he is doing for them is in Piccadilly London (for just 1 hour!) so its looks unlikely that he’ll be doing one in Manchester. Manchester would be better for me as well because London is a long way to travel when he's only signing for 1 hour, just in case I miss out. :YAHOO: