Iron Maiden Matter Of Life And Death Tour

Austin Powers

I wanted too but couldnt get to one.. I hear its been controversial as they start the show with the complete brand new album, matter of life and death and then go into the classics.

From the pics the set looks amazing, just wish I could get there..

Paul and Idris are going I know that...

A

Anyone been to a Maiden gig on their curret tour?? I have and they were totally awesome

Yes - Stockholm, BIrmingham and Manchester with final night of the tour at Earls Court still to come on 23rd December. They are on excellent form.

I don't think it is any major secret that they play all of the new album in order and only a few "classics". This has annoyed a few fans but there are plenty of greatest hits tours at other times. If you like the new album you will love the tour. If you have not heard the new album you should still be impressed.

Cheers

Paul J

If you like the new album you will love the tour. If you have not heard the new album you should still be impressed.

Cheers

Paul J

and if you dont like the new album then your not a true fan :smile:

although in my mind its not as good as some of the earlier albums, or even some of the more recent albums, it is still a very good album and the fact that its all new stuff is impressive for a band that have been around for so lonbg, rather than just relaesing different variations of a greatest hits..

A

Yah I went to see em in Glasgow last night. They kicked ass as per usual. Played the whole album followed by Fear of the Dark, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Iron Maiden and 2 Minutes to Midnight. A great show! Got loads of photos I can send anyone whos interested :)

I'd never heard their new album prior to the concert, but it sounds so awesome...I have to have it.

Anyone catch the band that played for about half an hour before Trivium?? They were pretty cool, and the lead singer is a total babe too :smile:;) ......whats interesting is that she's also the daughter of Maiden bassist Steve Harris.

I'm going on the 23rd :)

Their new album is a perfect example of a metal band on top form.

I'm hoping they play some classics however they did say on their last tour that they wouldn't be playing half the "classics" they did any more.

I can only hope that Number of the Beast, The Trooper along with Blood Brothers and a Brave New World will be played.

No chance that my all time favourite track of Still Life being played but I'll listen to it enough on the train down to compensate. :thumbup:

I can't wait - this gig is going to mean the world to me! So, who here from the boards is off to the 23rd date??

Personally I am not looking forward to Trivium. Their first album was great, now - well... they disappoint and the lead singer annoys the beejesus outta me. And no. I don't need any reason with basis in this reality for my growing dislike of Trivium.

I went to their show at Manchester last Thursday. Although I nearly died in a circle pit when Trivium were on, the Maiden really know how to put on a show. Bruce is amazingly fit for an old fella! I saw Dragonforce the week before and they dont even compare to Iron Maiden. Other bands can learn a lot from watching these guys.

They played the whole of their new album first and then they played some of their older stuff, I was a bit under the influence but from what I can remember they did Fear of The Dark, The Evil that men do and 2 minutes to Midnight. They didn't do Bring me your daughter, Run to the hills, The Trooper or Number of the Beast but it was still an amazing show with the obligatory apearance of Eddie in a armoured tank.

Just awesome.

Edited by Cathyvicki

can't believe no-ones seen the first band that was on. they were kick-ass :D:D

and I'm totally in love with their lead singer who is a babe :wub::wub:

Trivium, on the other hand, totally sucked ass. They were encouraging all the fans (if they actually have any, i don't know) in the pit to start forming circle pits.....which I didn't quite get :huh::unsure: Was probably done to distract everyone from their crappy music

Now I don't like Dragonforce at all... same with Trivium. Honestly. I'm quite suprised that Trivium haven't been given the cold shoulder by Iron Maiden fans - as is the tradition for any support act of Maiden.

As far as I can see with various reviews (OK - just Kerrang!) Trivium are getting a good reception. I guess I'll find out next week if they perform as good as all these Maiden fans say.

Now I don't like Dragonforce at all... same with Trivium. Honestly. I'm quite suprised that Trivium haven't been given the cold shoulder by Iron Maiden fans - as is the tradition for any support act of Maiden.

As far as I can see with various reviews (OK - just Kerrang!) Trivium are getting a good reception. I guess I'll find out next week if they perform as good as all these Maiden fans say.

I'm a total Maiden fan, and I have to say that Trivium completely sucked at the Manchester show that I went to. At one point some people threw stuff at em on stage.....if i could say one good thing about Trivium (through gritted teeth) it's that they brought some nice guitars with them

Agreed, their guitars were probably the best thing about them. Never understood why ppl go on about them so much. I hated the first album and didnt buy the second, they weren't awful on stage, but after a song or two they just got boring. Mind you they were better than Funeral For A Friend, who supported Maiden on the Dance of Death tour :D

Edited by JacknDaniel

So, we seem to disagree with Iron Maidens choice of support act. Who would you have chosen then? If you had final word in an ideal world?

Baring in mind that it would have to be a new band as the idea of a support act for a band such as Maiden is to give the support an idea of travelling on the road etc.

I would have chosen.... Gorjira? Or maybe... hmmm. Actually pretty stuck for any "new" band out there worthy of my listening time! :D

So, we seem to disagree with Iron Maidens choice of support act. Who would you have chosen then? If you had final word in an ideal world?

Baring in mind that it would have to be a new band as the idea of a support act for a band such as Maiden is to give the support an idea of travelling on the road etc.

I would have chosen.... Gorjira? Or maybe... hmmm. Actually pretty stuck for any "new" band out there worthy of my listening time! :P

haha i know what you mean, most new bands dont seem to be any good in my opinion, not that im particularly old fashioned but its a fact, there aint much good nowadays!

I know they kind of intented this as a bit of a joint tour between Trivium and Maiden, and I guess it pulled in a lot of people, as Trivium seem pretty popular :D but id rather have seen a joint tour like the Unholy Alliance. Possibly Maiden and Metallica....haha not likely but id be at the front for that :D

I would have chosen.... Gorjira? Or maybe... hmmm. Actually pretty stuck for any "new" band out there worthy of my listening time! :P

haha i know what you mean, most new bands dont seem to be any good in my opinion, not that im particularly old fashioned but its a fact, there aint much good nowadays!

I know they kind of intented this as a bit of a joint tour between Trivium and Maiden, and I guess it pulled in a lot of people, as Trivium seem pretty popular :D but id rather have seen a joint tour like the Unholy Alliance. Possibly Maiden and Metallica....haha not likely but id be at the front for that :D

if you need an example of two good bands touring together, just look at Aerosmith and Mötley Crüe....this proves that two top quality bands can support each other on a joint tour, so a good band could have been used instead of Trivium....but then it would probably ruin the idea of it being maiden's matter of life and death tour.

I don't think so - nothing so altruistic. The idea of a support band on a tour of this size is to chuck a load of cash into the tour coffers. It's rare these days that big tours are put together with anything other than finance in mind. So your support band will be somebody in approximately the same musical genre whose record company (or other financial backers) are prepared to cough up a suitably hefty sum to buy the band on to the tour. The idea being that waltzing around in front of tens of thousands of Maiden fans over the course of a tour for 30-45 minutes a night is great advertising for the support band and therefore something that they'll be happy to pay for.

I don't think so - nothing so altruistic. The idea of a support band on a tour of this size is to chuck a load of cash into the tour coffers. It's rare these days that big tours are put together with anything other than finance in mind. So your support band will be somebody in approximately the same musical genre whose record company (or other financial backers) are prepared to cough up a suitably hefty sum to buy the band on to the tour. The idea being that waltzing around in front of tens of thousands of Maiden fans over the course of a tour for 30-45 minutes a night is great advertising for the support band and therefore something that they'll be happy to pay for.

I was merely putting that as a constraint on my discussion topic. Seeing as Trivium are "fairly" new my challenge merely set it to people to find another nearly new band out there to support Maiden.

but id rather have seen a joint tour like the Unholy Alliance. Possibly Maiden and Metallica....haha not likely but id be at the front for that

Hear, hear! If Maiden and Metallica ever toured! One can dream!